We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Will Quentin's Perks ever get looked into?

FichteHiro
FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
edited March 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Quentin's perks are underwhelming in their current state and no one really uses them. I've never personally seen anyone using Wake Up and Vigil, not counting people trying to get the Adept Achievement.

The only perk used more often is Pharmacy, mainly because it's good for item hunt and synergizes well with Ace in the Hole, Plunderer's etc.

Vigil isn't really impactful in any way. The faster recovery from the Exhaustion status effect is very tiny, so it doesn't make much of a difference. The faster recovery from the other Status Effects it covers relies on the Killer having certain Perks or Add-ons equipped.

Wake Up wasn't really used at any time, only by the time is was bugged, although it got a tad bit more useful when the EGC was introduced.

Pharmacy just needs a buff. Wake Up and Vigil need some major tweaks.

MY SUGGESTIONS

Vigil: Make multiple Vigils stack and increase the recovery rate.

Optional bonus effect: All interactions are 2/3/4 % faster when within 8 meters of another Survivor.

Comments

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

I don’t see an issue with Wake Up per se, it’s pretty awesome in EGC with the hatch closed but aside from that, I use it to do the “open gate” rituals.

I feel like Vigil could be an excellent token based perk (like you mentioned) that would justify higher recovery rates (25% less recovery wouldn’t be that drastic) or make it apply to Oblivious even.

Pharmacy is pretty neat but overall like you mentioned, underwhelming. Could add an extra chest to the round (not stackable with other pharmacy users) to allow you to get that medkit.

• Danu
    Danu Member Posts: 281

I think if all survivors both Quentin and Ace have the absolute worst of them, I never see anyone running any of them even when they play as those characters (quentin is rare enough to see though as it is)

It'd be nice if they could fix these perks to be even a bit more viable before they start poking at the other perks again

Only one that's semi useful is ace in the hole now that you lose your addons otherwise but even at that I don't think it justifies a whole perk slot, same with pharmacy

• FichteHiro

I don't think Ace's perks are terrible but it's really hard to find any sign of viability in Quentin's perks.

• Danu

Really? Open handed NEEDS to be paired and I cant see when you'd ever really use up the ante unless you were in a pinch on hook

I dunno maybe there's a synergy there that I'm missing (like of course bond and open handed etc) but I'd only ever use them for the craic

• FichteHiro

Open-Handed can synergize relatively well with some aura-reading perks, Up the Ante synergizes with Offerings such as Vigo's Jar of Salty Lips. However, they're far from being the best.

• Danu

Definitely, I'd like to see how the devs would change up the ante though cause I think that's the only one theyd consider if they did look at ace's perks and yeah tbh I now that Im thinking about it it's probably the only one that's in a bad enough way for it to need a rework.

I feel like they'll be so focused with addressing other complaints and issues that neither Quentin nor Ace will be looked at for a long while

• FichteHiro

Yeah, but they're in the game for quite some time now. Maybe the Devs are planning on reworking them in the future, idk, hopefully they are.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

I think they said that they would change Vigil on one of their Q&A's. That's all they said for Quentin's perks though.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Yesn't.

Aka whenever they feel like it. There were some great suggestions on here (even some slight numbers buffs would help) so i hope they buff them soon.

Also still waiting for Quentin look buff.

• Junebug
    Junebug Member Posts: 64

Vigil definitely doesn't make any sense in modern DbD. The only meaningful mangle/hemmorage effects are the ones that are permanent from sloppy butcher, all others are more or less over by the time a survivor is off the hook after taking them, and if they're just left to escape chase, the killer has bigger problems in the current "late game is 5 minutes in" design paradigm bhvr is running with. Exhaust doesn't recover while sprinting, and the aura's influence only saves you a couple seconds on recovery which I just can't see as useful considering that the killer can only chase one survivor at a time, the rest of your team will almost always be fully recovered by the time chase target #1 goes down. Unless you're running in a big group in the same direction, which, again, bigger problems.

Pharmacy is interesting in concept, but you'd probably be better off with running your chances with plunderer's which will fairly reliably turn up a health kit, with the added bonus of it sometimes being purple (frankly a yellow health kit might be preferable sometimes because of its extra charges, too) not to mention negating the need to even bother healing if you get a lucky purple or fuchsia key and can just leave thru the hatch lmao

Wake up is... it's a perk. It's like the survivor equivalent of brutal strength, I feel like. I'm sure some goofy teammate having leader and your survivor having wake up, spine chill, and resilience to open the gates at turbo speed would be funny? If you can get that far building around a gimmick that is far less useful than just bullying the killer to tears.

• FichteHiro
    edited March 2020

Yeah, Quentin as a whole needs some changes. Some cosmetics, maybe?

Post edited by FichteHiro on
  • FichteHiro

Agreed, but I think Wake Up could get buffed a little to encourage more people to use it. It's not terrible, but it could definitely be made better.

• FichteHiro

Yeah, Open-Handed does synergize with a lot of aura-reading perks. Up the Ante is good for kobeing.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I would just make pharmacy make appear any medkit, nit just the green one, because honestly I prefer the yellow and purle ones

• FichteHiro
    edited March 2020

Since you don't recover from Exhaustion while running, it doesn't make that much of a difference. As for other status effect though, then it could make a bit of a drastic difference. Maybe not increasing the recovery rate and just making Vigil apply to the Exposed status effects would make up for it? Idk, would it be too OP if its effect applied to Exposed?

Nonetheless, Vigil should stack with other Perks and other Vigils.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

Meaning you’d have to walk for 30 seconds for exhaustion to recover. If you’re running Dead Hard (pretty meta) then you probably will never recover the exhaustion back in time. You’d have to pull off some pretty snazzy immersed methods to escape the chase and walk away. At high ranks, I doubt the killer would fall for said tricks very often at all.

• Khaletsky
    Khaletsky Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2020

The problem with Vigil is that the most status effects you gain don't have a timer, but a condition, so Vigil doesn't do much but a waste of perkslot. Just make allow it to recover from exhaustion while running at 10/20/30% of default recovery speed, remove all other bonuses and boom there you have a decent perk.

Wake Up should be able to highlight exits gates for everyone all the time and any survivors aura shown to everyone when they are opening exit. Also make it reduce the time required to open gates by seconds, not percent, for example 2-4-6 seconds for perk user and make it ignore the effect of remember me completely.

Pharmacy is fine.

• FichteHiro

The problem with making Survivors recover from Exhaustion while running is that this was removed back with Patch 2.2.0 because it was a bit unfair to suddenly Sprint Burst away mid-chase.

I don't think the Devs are bringing it back. I think Vigil could work with the Exposed status effect though. It should also stack with other perks and with other Vigils.