Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Redacted

Killmaster
Killmaster Member Posts: 429
Post edited by Killmaster on

Comments

• Killmaster

Its good advice, use it.

Not an argument, hiding behind a gen isn’t a counter to bbq, I can’t control other survivors who can’t loop either and get downed with 10 seconds. Unless you can get gud and 4k without bbq your opinion is irrelevant.
  • Killmaster

Agreed, git gud.

pandorayr said:

No, git gud.

Okay what is the counter to Bbq and billy? Define “get gud” besides looping, sprintburst, bnp, flashlights, and decisive? Do you have any valid discussion or insightful opinions? There is zero stealth play once a billy hooks someone, just constant chases with the threat of instant downs. No counterplay. Period. No other killer has a secondary ability that can apply as much pressure as Billy’s chainsaw with bbq. You all know it’s broken, without it most killers would 2k-3k at high ranks instead of constant 4ks. 
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

Sacrifice something to GITH GUDDA, maybe he will answer to your wish.

• Killmaster

@Giche said:
    Sacrifice something to GITH GUDDA, maybe he will answer to your wish.

Or you know I can post on the balance feedback forums for the devs to see with an actual discussion instead of trolls acting like babies who don't want their toy taken away.

• Giche

@Killmaster

You want to know how to counter it ?

Go see an high ranked survivor streamer.

Since there is only Billy and Nurse in red ranks, it's not gonna take long for you to see a match against one with the best addons.

Are we good now ?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

NO?
    are you insane??
    that would automatically put him in lower midtier!

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Simple if survs use one perk most say is crap saboteur if you break the outside hooks even downed he has to drag you to the basement so tell me how often are people sent to the basement at red ranks not many because its always quick hooks no escape so again break the hooks make it harder
  • pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 599
    edited September 2018

@Killmaster said:
    MineAntoiya said:

Agreed, git gud.

pandorayr said:

No, git gud.

Okay what is the counter to Bbq and billy? Define “get gud” besides looping, sprintburst, bnp, flashlights, and decisive? Do you have any valid discussion or insightful opinions? There is zero stealth play once a billy hooks someone, just constant chases with the threat of instant downs. No counterplay. Period. No other killer has a secondary ability that can apply as much pressure as Billy’s chainsaw with bbq. You all know it’s broken, without it most killers would 2k-3k at high ranks instead of constant 4ks. 

Insta chainsaw doesn't exist, he has lost "insta chainsaw" when he changed Tinkerer in the last chapter, all killers should be just strong as Hillbilly, he has to be reference for other killers.

Learn to play first, this game can don't be adjust to people without any skill.

• Killmaster

@redsopine1 said:
    Simple if survs use one perk most say is crap saboteur if you break the outside hooks even downed he has to drag you to the basement so tell me how often are people sent to the basement at red ranks not many because its always quick hooks no escape so again break the hooks make it harder

Sabo is a joke perk in it's current form, better balance would be two hooks allowed to be permanently sabo'd. This way you could shut down certain parts of the map to work on gens, you could still sabo a third hook but the first one would respawn like it does currently.

@Mister_xD said:
    NO?
    are you insane??

Midteir is balanced as devs have said killers should regularly 2k, 4k is reserved for Mori's or absolutely crap teams. Top teir are overpowered.

• redsopine1
    I didn't say its a balance move in saying people treat it like a joke at lower levels sure but as you advance any advantage to make the killer have a hard time is needed
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Killmaster said:

@redsopine1 said:

Sabo is a joke perk in it's current form, better balance would be two hooks allowed to be permanently sabo'd. This way you could shut down certain parts of the map to work on gens, you could still sabo a third hook but the first one would respawn like it does currently.

@Mister_xD said:
    NO?
    are you insane??

Midteir is balanced as devs have said killers should regularly 2k, 4k is reserved for Mori's or absolutely crap teams. Top teir are overpowered.

ooooof...
    i just lost all hope for humanity...
    stop complaiining and get good!

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 599

@Killmaster said:

@redsopine1 said:

@Mister_xD said:
    NO?
    are you insane??

Never can don't permanently sabo's remove hook for killers, many survivors would abuse to go places on the map where no hooks appears

ur ideas are terrible.

• Killmaster

@pandorayr said:

@Killmaster said:
    MineAntoiya said:

Agreed, git gud.

pandorayr said:

No, git gud.

Insta chainsaw doesn't exist, he has lost "insta chainsaw" when he changed Tinkerer in the last chapter, all killers should be just strong as Hillbilly, he has to be reference for other killers.

I'm referring to his ability to one shot survivors with a single hit, shutting down most chases quickly. I'd argue that Huntress, Myers or Clown are more-so what the devs should strive for in terms of balance. Besides the occasional permanent EW3 Myers I don't feel cheated in games with them and generally enjoy the chases/mindgames involving them. Billy is just flat-out annoying,, my problem is moreso with his synergy with BBQ and less with Billy's mechanics all-together however in comparison to other killers his abilities are leagues above others with clowns toxin coming close third behind the nurses blinks. To put it in simpler terms playing against a billy with bbq is just plain unfun, my change would atleast give people a chance to hide before he appears right next to them, billy can close the distance in under 5 seconds on big maps leaving very little time to hide, by the time he hooks 10-15 seconds could have passed anyways, it gives time for people to maneuver or finish gens after a down. Bbq isn't a big problem on slower killers, but on billy it is too much.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

The OP"s proposed change would have very nasty unintended side effects. Just make the Carburater Tuning Guide not as strong. It is literally the effects of over 3 add-ons in one, and only green rarity

• Harket
    Harket Member Posts: 21

Learn to hide yourself and git gud.

• Killmaster

@RagingCalm said:
    The OP"s proposed change would have very nasty unintended side effects. Just make the Carburater Tuning Guide not as strong. It is literally the effects of over 3 add-ons in one, and only green rarity

What would you consider billys main ability? One shotting with the chainsaw or being able to fly across the map with it? The killer can still use his mallet for downing a survivor if he doesn't want to waste his chainsaw, it would simply extend the chase a little longer allowing for more gen progress to be made. If Billy wants to oneshot someone then he can hit him with his chainsaw and suffer a cooldown, so he simply cannot fly to another player across the map. It's a valid balance change that I think would make him more fun for survivors and a little more forethought for killers to consider whether chainsawing someone is worth losing map control temporarily.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Another sad post of a noob survivor trying to nerf killers lol
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Killmaster said:
    Right now he is too powerful and snowballs games too quickly at highranks when combined with bbq survivors have no chance and it turns into a slugfest. My proposal is simple, put a 30 second cooldown on his chainsaw after he downs someone with it. This way he cannot just fly across the map immediately after hooking someone. It’s a soft nerf but atleast gives survivors some breathing room for stealth and not just instadown chainsaw, hook, bbq, fly across map and repeat. 

You misunderstood the devs.
    Yeah they said not every killer is supposed to be viable at high rank.
    But that does NOT mean that all killers have to be turned into unviable killers :wink:

• Giche
    edited September 2018

@Killmaster

You argue for the sake of it huh ?

Every answer you didn't liked got ignored.

Go back under your bridge, shou !

Edit: At least you admit that you only want fun for survivors and not for killers.

Shou !

• Killmaster

@Harket said:

@Master said:

@Killmaster said:
    Right now he is too powerful and snowballs games too quickly at highranks when combined with bbq survivors have no chance and it turns into a slugfest. My proposal is simple, put a 30 second cooldown on his chainsaw after he downs someone with it. This way he cannot just fly across the map immediately after hooking someone. It’s a soft nerf but atleast gives survivors some breathing room for stealth and not just instadown chainsaw, hook, bbq, fly across map and repeat. 

But that does NOT mean that all killers have to be turned into unviable killers :wink:

Unviable would mean that the killer no matter how hard they tried couldn't hook a single survivor, 2k is viable, at high ranks it should be a stalemate with both killers and survivors using every trick in the book against eachother, I'm talking Mori's, addons, instaheals, ect. I'd save this for a different topic but IMO rank should be based on perks and addons not pipping. A weighted score before you enter a lobby determines how toxic a killer and survivors would be in that game, this would also require no changing of perks in the lobby. This way you don't get tombstone myers on rank 15s nor 4 bnps against a rank 20 killer.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

30 seconds cooldown? Do you want to make him as useless as the Spirit?

so are we gonna put 15 seconds cooldown on Nurse next?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Killmaster said:

@Harket said:

@Master said:

@Killmaster said:

Unviable would mean that the killer no matter how hard they tried couldn't hook a single survivor, 2k is viable, at high ranks it should be a stalemate with both killers and survivors using every trick in the book against eachother, I'm talking Mori's, addons, instaheals, ect. I'd save this for a different topic but IMO rank should be based on perks and addons not pipping. A weighted score before you enter a lobby determines how toxic a killer and survivors would be in that game, this would also require no changing of perks in the lobby. This way you don't get tombstone myers on rank 15s nor 4 bnps against a rank 20 killer.

Unviable means that there is a chance you verse a team (SWF) where the result of the match is decided already before the game has started. 2k is the balance the devs aim for, but sadly only nurse can reach that against tryhard survivors.

If you wanna see how killers other than nurse perform under competitive circumstances, check out the official tournament (mute the caster, its pathetic)

• Killmaster
    edited September 2018

@Someissues said:
    30 seconds cooldown? Do you want to make him as useless as the Spirit?

so are we gonna put 15 seconds cooldown on Nurse next?

The cooldown is after he downs a player with the chainsaw not after everytime he revs it up, sorry if I didn't make that clear in the OP. It's to stop snowballing when combined with bbq, billy can fly around the map as much as he wants but the second that chainsaw downs a survivor it should get a cool down to give players breathing room.

• redsopine1
    Id say 15sec cool down if you use3-5 blinks in a chain I mean honestly how can you avoid someone who just spam blimks all the time
  • palotheas
    palotheas Member Posts: 118
    I'm wondering why he doesn't have to clean up his chainsaw after using it on a survivor, would it be gummed up with survivor bits? But I don't even wanna Google whether that would be a thing or not irl.
  • Killmaster
    edited September 2018

@palotheas said:
    I'm wondering why he doesn't have to clean up his chainsaw after using it on a survivor, would it be gummed up with survivor bits? But I don't even wanna Google whether that would be a thing or not irl.

It would make an interesting perk, "Thick Skinned" attacks that would damage two health states, only inflict one. Good soft counter to noed, rancor, ew3 myers, billy, and bubba.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2018

@Killmaster said:
    SadonicShadow said:

Its good advice, use it.

Not an argument, hiding behind a gen isn’t a counter to bbq, I can’t control other survivors who can’t loop either and get downed with 10 seconds. Unless you can get gud and 4k without bbq your opinion is irrelevant.

Its all the argument that is needed. Good survivors dont come to the forums crying Hillbilly OP plz nerf. I dont have a problem at all playing against the Hillbilly with BBQ and alot of people on these forums dont have an issue with it either. There is plenty of counters to use against the Hillbilly with BBQ. Most notably the mind games if you dont have a gen near by that you can hide your Aura.

• If the Billy is far away when he hooks someone and there is no gen near by you can fake your direction. The Billy is going to have to anticipate your location when he gets near you. Its not hard to throw him for a loop.
    • Put solid objects between you and when he hooks someone. The Billy under most circumstances has terrible maneuverability when sprinting if there is alot of debris and buildings near you put yourself between them so that he dosent have a straight shot to you. It will force him to stop the sprint and enter cool down allowing you more time to sneak away
    • The Billy only gets BBQ aura reading when a survivor is 40 meters away at the point he hooks someone if the perk is tier 3. 40 meters is a large distance. 8 meters greater than his base terror radius. If you see him put someone down and he is going to pick them up haul ass to his location. I can promise that unless your in the ass end of the other side of the map you will get within 40 meters of him before the hook. If you cant get within 40 meters then you were to far away anyways and should refer to the last two points.

Seriously this ######### isen't rocket science. So yes, G.I.T.G.U.D

• Killmaster

@SadonicShadow said:

@Killmaster said:
    SadonicShadow said:

Its good advice, use it.

Its all the argument that is needed. Good survivors dont come to the forums crying Hillbilly OP plz nerf. I dont have a problem at all playing against the Hillbilly with BBQ and alot of people on these forums dont have an issue with it either. There is plenty of counters to use against the Hillbilly with BBQ. Most notably the mind games if you dont have a gen near by that you can hide your Aura.

• If the Billy is far away when he hooks someone and there is no gen near by you can fake your direction. The Billy is going to have to anticipate your location when he gets near you. Its not hard to throw him for a loop.
    • Put solid objects between you and when he hooks someone. The Billy under most circumstances has terrible maneuverability when sprinting if there is alot of debris and buildings near you put yourself between them so that he dosent have a straight shot to you. It will force him to stop the sprint and enter cool down allowing you more time to sneak away
    • The Billy only gets BBQ aura reading when a survivor is 40 meters away at the point he hooks someone if the perk is tier 3. 40 meters is a large distance. 8 meters greater than his base terror radius. If you see him put someone down and he is going to pick them up haul ass to his location. I can promise that unless your in the ass end of the other side of the map you will get within 40 meters of him before the hook. If you cant get within 40 meters then you were to far away anyways and should refer to the last two points.

Seriously this ######### isen't rocket science. So yes, G.I.T.G.U.D

Do you know what people would do if hillbilly actually wasn't a problem with BBQ and I posted this? They wouldn't even bother acknowledging my post because they'd know I was wrong, everyone here seems to be defending BBQ and billy vehemently, why is that so? If it wasn't a problem you wouldn't be here, defending it. There is no effective counter to aura reading, walking one direction for 5 seconds still gives him a general idea of your location and your not sprint-bursting out of the area without leaving scratchmarks. Sure you could try urban evading if your lucky but he will either eventually find you and if not he will simply fly back to the hook the second someone is unhooked and they are not getting far with blood pools, let alone trying to sprint away leaves scratch-marks for him to follow.

• I’d agree with this if survivors got a similar nerf. Once one gen is completed all other gens are locked for 60 seconds. This effect triggers every time a generator is completed. Oh and the generators can still be damaged and regress while locked from survivors. I think it’s a fair trade off. What do you guys think?

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited September 2018

Its good advice, use it.

WARNING TRIGGERED RANT INCOMING

So you want his primary attack to be the same as his secondary attack because you can’t move in a circle and evade a killer that feels like he’s steering a truck with no power steering? 

Also how is his opinion irrelevant? I’ve gotten rank 1 4k’s as Billy boy Cletus just two days ago and I didn’t use ruin or any hexes, or barbecue. So my opinion is relevant according to your logic that makes zero sense.  So here’s my opinion, you need to figure out how to juke before you come to the forums and declare something unfair. 

Why dont you try killer and see if you don’t have panic attacks and stress crashes within the first 5 minutes? I guarantee you that you will be having Vietnam flashbacks and hearing artillery fire in the night it’s so bad. Because of people like you who refuse to trust the devs who extensively tested and adjusted billy over the years, and you complaining to the point where killers are nerfed extensively and two are currently extinct from being usable entirely,  we killer mains don’t have nearly as much fun playing as the killer. Many don’t enjoy it all. It’s frustrating, not rewarding, unfair, and what’s our compensation for the pain and suffering we endure? Cocky survivors T-bagging and calling us trash because you don’t realize it’s not your skill that won you the game, its the game
    heavily favoring survivors that won you the game. And out of a roster of over 9 killers, only THREE are viable for ruby play.  T H R E E. Nurse, Billy, and Hag. With the exception of those insanely talented idlers that can still run survivors somehow with killers that suffer a major disadvantage due to the nerfs.  

Youre the real heroes of this story. 

But anyways. 

Meanwhile you guys can run circles around us and treat us like your little ***** and bully us without any add ons because your perks are broken and overpowered when all four of you use them.  

Thats my opinion. Git gud, get stronk, get swol, 

- Rank 1 Oinkers. 

Merry Chrystler. 
    Post edited by DarkWo1f997 on
  • DarkWo1f997
    palotheas said:
    Those chains are spinning faster than you think. It becomes a chunk catapult. 
  • DarkWo1f997

@pandorayr said:

@Killmaster said:
    MineAntoiya said:

Agreed, git gud.

pandorayr said:

No, git gud.

I'm referring to his ability to one shot survivors with a single hit, shutting down most chases quickly. I'd argue that Huntress, Myers or Clown are more-so what the devs should strive for in terms of balance. Besides the occasional permanent EW3 Myers I don't feel cheated in games with them and generally enjoy the chases/mindgames involving them. Billy is just flat-out annoying,, my problem is moreso with his synergy with BBQ and less with Billy's mechanics all-together however in comparison to other killers his abilities are leagues above others with clowns toxin coming close third behind the nurses blinks. To put it in simpler terms playing against a billy with bbq is just plain unfun, my change would atleast give people a chance to hide before he appears right next to them, billy can close the distance in under 5 seconds on big maps leaving very little time to hide, by the time he hooks 10-15 seconds could have passed anyways, it gives time for people to maneuver or finish gens after a down. Bbq isn't a big problem on slower killers, but on billy it is too much.

YOU FEEL CHEATED IN GAMES?! Why don’t ya try killer and rethink that statement. 
  • DarkWo1f997

I’d agree with this if survivors got a similar nerf. Once one gen is completed all other gens are locked for 60 seconds. This effect triggers every time a generator is completed. Oh and the generators can still be damaged and regress while locked from survivors. I think it’s a fair trade off. What do you guys think?

No. The game would be very boring when it’s that slowed down.  
  • @DarkWo1f997 said:
    BasementLeatherBoi said:

I’d agree with this if survivors got a similar nerf. Once one gen is completed all other gens are locked for 60 seconds. This effect triggers every time a generator is completed. Oh and the generators can still be damaged and regress while locked from survivors. I think it’s a fair trade off. What do you guys think?

That’s kind of the point. Fight fire with Fire, except in this case I’m fighting a stupid idea with another stupid idea.

• DarkWo1f997

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    BasementLeatherBoi said:

That’s kind of the point. Fight fire with Fire, except in this case I’m fighting a stupid idea with another stupid idea.

You’re hired. 
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2018
    It already got nerfed when Tinkerer was changed. It doesn’t need another one. You can turn in order to dodge the saw (keep looking back at him so you can be ready to change directions) or force him into an area where he can’t use his saw effectively. You need to stop refusing to learn the counters and get good. We don’t need another Freddy situation.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited September 2018
    LOL are you ######### serious?!
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Git gud, learn to dodge. Or bring SB to avoid easily
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    just learn to position yourself correctly you crybaby
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

I mean, Rin has 20s cooldown, and her power is not as good as Billy's, then why Billy can;t have a cooldown?

LET'S PUT COOLDOWN ON ALL KILLERS, YAHOOOOOOO

YAHOOOOOOOO

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

while I HATE to join the "git gud" group, sadly, under this scenario I must agree. Even with a fast saw it is quite easy to have a chance at dodging the saw. If he charges straight forward, move left or right. If you're in close range, it's a gamble. You need to pay attention to how the killer plays and not just run away with your camera facing away from the killer.

This is on par with people who call for nerfs on Huntress due to her ranged attacks and they just run in a straight line away from her.

• MichaelAMyers
    MichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292

Dude, you gotta git gud its a chainsaw for a reason.

• Sleepy
    Sleepy Member Posts: 107

Oh look! Survivor complaining.

Git gud.

• Chroma
    Chroma Member Posts: 37

i don't even like billy hes my least favorite killer, git gud.