What are Killer equivalents of Second Chance perks?

Options
mistar_z
mistar_z Member Posts: 857

Other than noed kek and not offerings.

Comments

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

There is no need for second chances on killer side. You know, this a asymetrical gameplay. Would be a good start to understand this.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

It’s a killer v survivor game

killers are not meant to have them

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

sadly there are no such perks on the killer side, most of the times a mistake will cost you the match. I mean, there is noed, which is super easy to counter, basically useless, and like, maybe unrelenting could count? but it has so little use it's not that good...

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

I mean technically a lot of killer perks are sorta second chance perks, like Unrelenting

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

NOED. That's it. And it's only if survivors don't do bones. Maybe Blood Warden if you can even get it to proc because survivors will just 99 gates. I guess if we're being REALLY broad you could count Deathslinger's ability to pull someone out of the gates. All killer second chances can be countered in some way, and one tiny mistake from a killer is punished exponentially meanwhile all 4 survivors can make boatloads of mistakes and play horribly and still escape.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853
    Options

noed is the only real second chance perk but god forbid you toxic baby killer run this perk, even though they run 4x what you run it still doesn't matter

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

why is everyone forgetting bloodwarden?

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Like others have mentioned NOED, Blood Warden, & Unrelenting, in addition to remember me, mad grit (poor man's unrelenting), & spirit fury.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited March 2020
    Options

Because blood warden has effectively been meta'd out of the game.

For blood warden to activate you need to:

Have people that don't 99% for some reason. So that's pure luck.

Down someone close enough to a gate to go and open it yourself.

While opening gate hope someone dosen't have some info perk that allows them to all sprint and heal that downed survivor. Considering there is actually a perk now that lets you swap one health state to another person you're chance to doing that are now near zero.

Pick up the survivor.

Hook survivor.

Wonder why none of the survivors have been duped by blood warden because you doing all this has loudly telegraphed you had blood warden so they will avoid the gates anyway.

In it's state it's an F tier perk. Simply because of the many silly conditions it needs to be met at a critical verge of lose point of the game.

Post edited by Flatskull on
  • TimeMonster
    TimeMonster Member Posts: 152
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thing is - there is nothing to give killers chance for

Killers can't be stoped, but can be slowed down. Unlike survivors, who can be downed, hooked and ofcorse killed

Killer never put anything on table- then again... if you play killer - your "proggres" sometimes gets SOOOO Slowed down, that survivors don't even need seccond chance perks

What killer perks do then? Accelerate progress and makes efforts of slowing you down less effective...

That's what i think obout game - no need to think the same like me, it's just how i see the way of this game

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    edited March 2020
    Options

Unrelenting - To give me a second chance to whiff

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Killers don't have second chance perks, they have perks to balance the game.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

You need to do something for that in order to gain the effect.

• BenZ0
    Options

Rancor. Getting a free mori after all gens are done. But I guess next to unrelenting nothing else unless I forgot something.

• NullEXE
    Options

This thread is really telling us who the entitled survivors are if they think Killer has any second chance perks.

• toxicmegg
    Options

same goes for adrenaline it's one time use and rewards for completing objective

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I don't know if second chance is the right word for killers. They miss a swing, it's not really a second chance if the cool down is sped up. They will be making many more swings throughout the game.

The killers whole game is one big chance to accomplish their goal. With each mistake, missed swing, time in chase all contributing to the sand running out of the hour glass.

The killer's second chance is in the next lobby when they get to decide again if they want to do that again or switch to survivor.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I wouldnt call noed 2nd chance. Its more of a punisher perk for rushing gens. A 2nd chance perk would be something that adds another gen that has to be completed.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 361
    Options

This train of thought is toxic to the game's health. Both sides have 'second chance' perks, you're just failing to acknowledge them.

• BenZ0
    Options

No because you can gain adrenaline without touching one gen.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Wow! People have different opinions than you! What a surprise!

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Please let's not turn this into a NOED discussion. That has been done to death.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Maybe Spirit Fury? I think that may be the closest thing a killer has to a second chance perk, but if you don't run enduring with it, it's really just a fast pallet break. So Enduring + Spirit Fury is the killer second chance perk

• NullEXE
    Options

I am pretty sure the only toxic one here is the one calling other people toxic.

If you think the Killer has any second chance perks your sourly mistaken and most likely not good enough at the game to know how to counter Killer perks, or simply you choose not to track what the Killer is running while you play something as braindead as survivor. Survivor is the only role in the game that gives themself not only immunity but second chances from mistakes. Killer makes 1 mistake and that costs them the whole game.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

In order for this question to be answered we have to define second chance perks.

For this case, a second chance perk is one that prevents the loss of or provides an additional health state.

DS: If the killer drops a survivor they're in the dying state. DS forces a drop allowing the survivor to escape the killer's grasp in the injured state.

Dead Hard: The survivor can dodge a killer's attack that would have otherwise downed them.

Unbreakable: The survivor can recover from the dying state to the injured state without the intervention of another survivor.

Deliverance: The survivor can escape a hook without the intervention of another survivor or luck.

MoM: The survivor gains a "shield" or an additional health state.

Borrowed Time: The survivor gains a "shield" or an additional health state

Adrenaline: Heals the survivor for one health state.

With that out of the way we have to establish that a survivor's goal is different than the killers. Without getting deep into it, the killer's primary need is time whereas the survivors primary need is their health states.

The perks that give the killer more time are the only perks that should be compared to a survivors "second chance" perks.

When looked at this way we have several perks that affect gen speeds and healing to one degree or another.

The problem then becomes the obvious disparity between how effective the killer's perks are at stopping 4 players from fixing gens compared to the survivors tools to avoid being sacrificed by a single killer.

Killers DO have the equivalent of survivor's second chance perks... they are simply not as powerful as the survivor's for completing their match objectives effectively because extra health states take time away from the killer that they need to hunt down the other survivors.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Unrelenting

😆

• Shirtless_Myers
    Options

I think you need to take a break from the game honestly, you sound way too aggressive toward anyone with a different opinion. Both sides have second chance perks, you can get a number of them from the post RakimSockem made earlier in the thread.

• toxicmegg
    Options

then you successfully ran him around and get rewarded for the whole match you just played.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

Oh spirits fury rewards you for failing and getting stunned ;) 

Fire up and noed rewards u for failing to protect gens, unrelenting rewards you for missing hits, there!

Sweaty try hard second chance build. Thank me later jk

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    Options

The Object of the survivor is to survive.

The object of the killer is to kill...in theory. Don't always play out like that.

But let's keep it simple.

If we keep the terms as this then we can reliable apply second chance perks to killer and they are rightly applied to survivor since these perks let them escape certain death scenarios.

If killing is the object.

Then:

Rancor: Since it straight up exposes and lets you kill a survivor when gens are done.

NOED: Since when you're about to lose it lets you potentially end chases and denies body blocking. It dosen't garuntee a kill but at this point most of the players are probably on third hook.

I think that's it.

• NullEXE
    edited March 2020
    Options

And their wrong. The most that Killer perks do is balance the game for how broken the role is, most Killers even require add-ons just to be balanced against survivors who only run 1 perk. If you watch streamers and some of the best players you would see what I'm talking about. If you played Killer at all you would see what i'm talking about. Also telling players to "take a break" is just as toxic. The game should be fixed, not force people to play a bully simulator and we have to stop ignoring the problem.

• Danu
    Danu Member Posts: 281
    Options

Yeah alright but you can't say that as an excuse for the killer perks as if your guarenteed to use all your second chance perks as survivor

Unbreakable- get slugged for long enough and ALSO have the killer be far enough away so that you don't just get downed instantly again

DS - get tunneled and picked up and you still have to hit the skill check

DH - Doesnt work against killers who one shot, noed, exposed effect when healthy etc

BT - Not the same as above but only works when killer is close so they're in good range of whoever unhooked and doesn't have bt. Also wont work against no terror radius

Deliverance - Have to SAFELY unhook before you get hooked once, also if you avoid getting hooked the whole game but get hooked at the end as last survivor even if you met requirements, you don't get to use it. You're also broken so very vulnerable and you have to hope that killer stays far enough from hook to get away in the first place

I still think the fact discussed in above posts that second chance isn't killers focus but time is is more of an issue that should be discussed and compare how effective killers time buying perks are to how effective survivor second chances are when it comes to balancing. But it's not right to act like survivors are handed second chances left right and centre, theyre all conditional and can be avoided, as they should be

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645
    Options

Remember Me, NOED, Blood Warden, Rancor, Bitter Murmur, Cruel Limits, Fire Up, and maybe Nurse's Calling (lost them earlier but caught them healing).

These are ones from the top of my head.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

One or two second chance perks aren't an issue. Like you said, they are conditional. It's when they're stacked and used by multiple survivors when it becomes an issue.

Unbreakable and Decisive Strike are the two most problematic second chance perks at this current point in time. These two perks conditionally get rid of a ton of the killer's pressure and momentum when they work, and when a survivor has both at once, it's very likely that they will end up using at least one. Slugging is a very important thing that killers have to do to maintain a decent amount of gen pressure against good teams, and Unbreakable completely counters that. Decisive Strike forces killers to go after different survivors, even when it would be an awful choice if this perk were not in play. If the killer does go after that survivor, the survivor not only gets a free hit, but stuns the killer for a long period of time. If the killer decides to slug this survivor instead, they can get up with Unbreakable. This perk is also always in the killer's mind when there is an obsession in the match, basically granting everyone DS if the killer decides to play around it.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    Options

Killers don't have second chance perks. More like insurance perks. Old Ruin and NoED were insurance perks for early and end game.

And since this game relies so much on snowballing...

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Killers can't be eliminated from the game. So as long survivors aren't safe, they have indefinitively chances to kill somebody. It's a little bit in the nature of the game that they got a second chance. I personally don't like the term to be honest. Most so called second chance perk are just perks which try to fix basic gameplay flaws like camping or tunneling. And DH is just a chase extender like other exhaustin perks. Barely stronger than the others I would say.

The closest that might come are perks which make survival harder in the late game phase like NOED or Bloodwarden. But like I said. I don't like the term.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

The only real ones are Noed and Devour, but there hex's, and can be disabled. Wouldn't it be cool if you could disable DS or Adren? Guess that wouldn't be fair though, now would it... 🤦‍♂️

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited March 2020
    Options

I wouldn't say just "when conditions are met". The killer perks you listed all require half the game to be set up, the survivor perks you listed just require "you got caught". "Causes exhaustion" is not really a condition. And Spirit Fury doens't really give you a free hit. You have to combine it with Enduring, eating half of your perks for an effect that happens mostly 3 or less times during a game. Survivor exhaustion perks happen 3 or more times if the survivor doesn't screw up.

I think the only perks you can really call a second chance is Rancor and NOED if at all. Rancor because it gives you a free kill. NOED is not in the killer's duty, he doesn't need to work for it to activate, survivors need to work for it to not activate. If the killer didn't manage to get "enough" kills during the early/midgame, he gets a chance to get easier kills during endgame. Although it is not really a second chance, as he still needs to chase. If the persons he chases are injured, he just has the 4% speed bonus, which is not really a "second chance"

• Deadeye
    Options

Or you just crouched around like a potato or hanging on the hook flapping your arms, getting carried by the team.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Options

They're not wrong, they have a different opinion than yours. Killer add-ons and the game's balance aren't part of the conversation. The topic of the thread is for examples of second chance based perks killers have akin to those of survivors. Saying, "This thread is really telling us who the entitled survivors are if they think Killer has any second chance perks." isn't healthy for the game nor for someone to legitimately think. There are options for killers to achieve a 'second chance' with perks, failing to realize that comes down more on you dismissing them.

You should take a break from the game if you're letting yourself attack others on a public forum. I'm not bad at the game for having my opinion, nor am I playing survivor poorly as you try to word it here. "If you think the Killer has any second chance perks your sourly mistaken and most likely not good enough at the game to know how to counter Killer perks, or simply you choose not to track what the Killer is running while you play something as braindead as survivor." You call the game a bully simulator, yet you're trying to bully me on a public forum.

• Deadeye
    Options

If you rely on streamers to build your opinion, I can suggest FunGoose. He plays all killers and without addons because he thinks addons make killers too strong. He just recently ended a series of 100+ 4k games in a row. Just to expand your horizon a bit

• Hunter__
    Hunter__ Member Posts: 53
    Options

Alright... There are no more second chance perks in the game. They've nerfed them all.

Second chance is something that gives you something for free with no counter play possible imo.

I feel like I can give several examples of this but it's already a TL;DR for most haters.

Please take a moment to think about the perks your calling second chance and think about what you can do to counter them.

Also I'm not saying that several perks don't need changing b/c they are unfun and unfair b/c counter play to certain things is just unhealthy and force you to avoid playing the role you have as killer.

As survivor you don't feel this as much because counter play to certain killer perks don't have such a detrimental impact on your normal objectives.

Also I'd like to say that I'm an ######### killer main so knowing these perks exist and you making the conscious effort to ignore any counter play doesn't give you the right to complain, it just makes you sound entitled and not up for any kind of challenge to learn how to be better at a game that in its nature is unbalanced.

For the ppl who don't understand I'm not saying being a killer main makes you an #########. The way I play makes me one.

gg and glhf in your games

(gg as in git gud) lol

• NullEXE
    Options

I have been watching and subscribing to Fungoose for years, and even he will tell you the game is heavily survivor sided. He will also tell you that Killers require perks to even have a chance against survivors, but survivor don't need any to do well.