Killers Not Hooking At Low Ranks

Options
HealsBadMan
HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

I'm trying not to be salty, but the last few days I've been having really bad matches as survivor- not so much that I had a good killer or bad teammates, but that the killer never hooks any survivors- its constant slugging. At first I thought it was just a newbie mistake, but I've seen 5-6 different players downing all the survivors and never hooking. This is terrible- there's almost never a no mither or unbreakable to save the game. The killers let all the survivors bleed out and die on the ground- it was a terrible few games. I've reported them all, but wanted to know if anyone else has come across this problem- and if any mods see this, what is/are a realisitc response to this? I don't want to wait 2-3 minutes of crawling on the ground while the killer walks around and BMs me.

EDIT: I'm not talking about reporting the tactic of slugging, I'm talking about reporting killers who down all 4 survivors and never hook anyone, causing the survivors to bleed out or DC.

Post edited by HealsBadMan on

Comments

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited March 2020
    Options

These new killers are working on out dated info.

The OLD DS is gone. Their only counter isn't just to slug everyone to death anymore. Or they are just being pillocks.

I main killer but I sometimes play survivor at low ranks but haven't noticed this. Honestly most of the grief I get as survivor is from other survivors straight up farm unhooking me in front of a killers face 99% of the time.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Lol, I seen one killer tunnel the Obsession to death. They were running Dying Light.

But uhhh slugging is a legit tactic guys. Which killer was it? If it was Billy they're an #########.

• HealsBadMan
    Options

No, they downed every survivor fairly but never hooked anyone- the killers left all the survivors slugged until they bled out. IDK if this is holding the game hostage (since the survivors eventually all bled out and died) but no one likes to be slugged, especially over and over until everyone's died from it and the killer never hooked anyone in the first place.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    Options

A lot of people are finding slugging more effective. Healing a survivor takes more time and triggers Nurses calling to find survivors. After everyone is slugged, hook them. I can't say I completely disagree that its an effective strategy, and that sucks.

• HealsBadMan
    Options

5 or 6 different players, but I remember a Clown, Spirit, Plague, and a Doc. And I'm not saying slugging isnt a viable tactic, but slugging the entire team and leaving them to die is a douchebag move.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

I can understand being upset that you were forced to bleed out for 3-4 mins. However the game wasn't held hostage because you were on a (Slow) timer to die, no different than being hooked. And slugging as previously stated isn't a valid report. Just because people don't like it doesn't mean it's not apart of the game mechanic.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited March 2020
    Options

Doc has no excuse. Plague sorta with her perk. Dunno about Spirit and Clown but Clowns have a chip on their shoulder.

I sometimes choose someone at random to jump off my shoulder if I slug everyone. Assuming I don't have a challenge I need to do.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642
    Options

Yeah what this person said. It is not a offense that can be reported but it is super annoying. It would be like playing killer and have 4 survivors never doing gens and just hiding the entire match and making the match last as long as possible. I have seen this happen and the killer quit. lol

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

To be fair, I think it's a response to the buffs Survivors have been getting. The toolbox changes for example were supposed to be a nerf to survivors, but they increased the speed of all toolboxes turning yellow toolboxes into a BNP equivelent. Anyways staying on track with all the survivor buffs I can see that people that are not as skilled at killer resorting to easier methods to meet their goals, which the easiest is slugging.

• Slugging stops the survivor from being able to pursue objectives like hooking does
    • Slugging forces other survivors to leave objectives to heal the downed target in the same amount of time, or less than unhooking
    • Slugging negates most of the survivors second chance perks, only being countered by a very few.

To be honest. I am surprised not all killers are relying on slugging more at this point, but the more skilled killers understand that wouldn't be fun for survivors so they don't.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I think it may be advanced killers who want to depip so they can beat up on low ranks, yet with this method they still get to flex their superiority. “Yeah I depipped, but I still got you all!”

• Desh
    Options
  • Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477
    Options

And what does that challenge have to do with slugging exactly if may I ask ? If anything slugging makes this challenge harder, since I belive it's a master challenge.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

When they get healed off the ground, you can down them again. You could milk 8 downs off one player this way.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

I mean isn't OP just saying the Killers he was facing were being toxic because they just wanted them to bleed out after having all 4 downed.

Maybe someone trying to start a trend to get survivors to DC this way so they could get a penalty?

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Whether or not it's annoying or toxic doesn't change the fact that it's been deemed time and time again within the rules.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215
    Options

Been having this issue to. New Killers just slug and I've been depipping badly. Not playing my normal I feel like, but it's hard to say if it's me or amount of new Killers trying. I went from red rank to green lol.

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477
    Options

Like ... Why ? That's literally harder than just playing 1 match lol 😅

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,819
    Options

Just had a match where the survivors kept breaking my hooks, so I slugged all but the last one to death.

If survivors don't want to bleed out on the ground, why do they break hooks?

• madarenrut
    madarenrut Member Posts: 8
    Options

I love hearing crying survivors. The killer isn't letting me win with my SWF team,

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142
    Options

Good to know devs find this fun and interesting gameplay. And people wonder why the dc issue got so bad

• HealsBadMan
    Options

Bro screw that. I'm not bitching bc the killer won- i wasnt even SWFing. I'm pissed because the killer downed everyone, did not hook anyone, and let us all bleed out.

If we all died then thats on us. If he outplayed us good for him. But when the killer proceeds to BM and make us slowly bleed out for 3-4 minutes while he trolls us- im reporting him.

• HealsBadMan
    Options

Respectfully, I call bull. You have an ingame option to report players who are trolling- which is what this killer(s) were doing. IDC if a killer slugs, that a viable tactic- I'm not reporting for that, and neither should anyone.

What I will report is when the killer downs everyone and never hooks a survivor. Even if we all bleed out and give the killer their victory, if they proceed to taunt and show that they're doing it on purpose- that they're not some noob that doesn't know the game- then I'm reporting that. If you're saying I'm 'wasting the time of people who have to deal with these reports', maybe reevaluate what your rules say is and isn't allowed.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    Options

That's not trolling, even the mod said that was perfectly viable. Keeping everyone slugged to their death is not bannable.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

You can call bull on whatever you want, doesn't change the fact that slugging isn't reportable or bannable (which is why it's not listed as a reasoning in the reporting guide by the way) and literally nothing will happen to the killer who did it.

Slugging builds and slugging as a tactic have been around since the game began, so this idea that it's a new phenomenon is just false on its face. The other thing that has to be said is if you as a killer were able to go around and slug four survivors who never got it in their head to pick the other downed survivors up when someone is being chased then frankly you're all potatoes and were never going to win anyway. Also Unbreakable called, it said it's a perk designed TO COUNTER SLUGGING. Maybe take advantage of a little extra indoor time and unlock old Bill and level him up.

And here's the tone deaf moment of the entire thread, if they proceed to "taunt and show they are doing it on purpose". So by that logic I can now report every survivor who has ever

• Tea bagged at the exit gates.
    • Tea bagged after dropping a pallet.
    • Tea bagged and pointed after vaulting a window and I missed a lunge.

"If you're saying I'm 'wasting the time of people who have to deal with these reports', maybe reevaluate what your rules say is and isn't allowed."

Who are you to decide the rules? Are you the developers? Did you create the game? If so then feel free to change the game how you wish. If not, how about you stop pretending like you have any power over anyone else, and learn to counter slugging instead of whining on the forums about it.

Oh and bonus point, definitely make sure not to get to high ranks, because then you'll run into killers like me who use slugging strategically ALL THE TIME as a pressure tactic, you'll spend a lot of time face first on the ground.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

Riiiiiiiight that’s it exactly! Thank god the devs are on the case. (These are the folks that will give us hidden rank) LOL

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,379
    Options

They might not want to risk the 4% and would rather just let you bleed out. That's their decision to make and completely valid as it does not hold the game hostage. If you're so bothered by it take unbreakable to try and help.

• Raven9
    Raven9 Member Posts: 298
    Options

@Almo I think I'll leave the killer afk and Legion...whatever I say is empty.

At least I was able to do 1k here, I think I succeeded in the room heavy tunnel.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 769
    Options

Letting the survivor bleed out gives you zero points in devout, so no, atleast according to the emblems it is not the killers goal to slug all survivor to death, it's to hook or mori them.

Also Healsbadman said, that the killer did it to troll (obviously we have only his word for it) and trolling the other side should never be the goal for somebody in this game, it is already toxic enough.

Of course it is wrong to report it, but I can't understand why people seem to have trouble to get why it's a frustrating method, expecially for new players.

(To add, killer at low ranks, who are matched against actual low rank survivors shouldn't need such an excessive slugging to win)

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

Our rules are perfectly clear and that killer who is leaving everyone bleed out, is playing within the rules.

The game ended, regardless of whether or not you bled out the entire game or that the killer chose not to hook anyone - there is nothing to report, so again, I will respectfully remind you not to waste people's time in making false reports to Support.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Yeah but if you leave everyone slugged, you only knocked down 4.

• Desh
    edited March 2020
    Options

If you didn't have the ability to bleed out, it wouldn't be an option of Death. Nothing says you have to be hooked. It's apart of the game yes, but it's optional. That's like reporting someone because they never once broke Gens and only chased survivors, even though they're supposed to ensure Gens don't pop by damaging them. Or a Survivor getting reported for 'trolling' because he didn't perform any Altruistic actions all game to his teammates, even though there are perks literally for solo survivors that only care about themselves.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

It's the easier and more fun option when you get hooks sabo'd in front of your face.