Lol, they nerfed Hangman's Trick even more

Options
Aztreonam78
Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

"Fixed an issue that caused Killers using the Perk Hangman's Trick to see Survivor auras until the end of the hooking or dropping animation instead of at the beginning."

It is classified as a bug fix, but the perk became even more useless..

Honestly, I am starting to think that the old version of Hangman's Trick was way better. There were hooks being repaired in 10 seconds, and notification when being sabotage. Really, before this perk was better.

Comments

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    Options

Well, not all survivors near a hook are here to sabotage it. Maybe only those survivors that have a toolbox should be visible with that perk? Not with saboteur though, it would give out survivors perks to the killer and that shouldn't be allowed.

Seriously, how one trick a perk can get?

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583
    Options

It was because the perk was in a god state that the perk got nerfed. People legit waved goodbye to BBQ and called it the better perk.

Those types of players should have never said anything... is would have been a hidden gem of a perk

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    edited March 2020
    Options

I said a week ago the perk is trash. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/136569/hangmans-trick-had-potential-and-now-its-still-useless But nobody believed me.

The old version was barely used. The new one was "UHHHHH, this could be interesting" and then BOOOM even more useless.

Whatever, it would've been too unfun for Survivors 🤣

• Oberon
    Oberon Member Posts: 84
    Options

The rework did nothing. They removed the ability to break bear traps, so there was no point to keep it was it was. But equally, there's no point to use it now. Infectious fright and BBQ&C achieve the same effect with more utility throughout the entirety of the match.

It's just another wasted perk slot.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

It was a good detection perk combination and made an unused offering useful. Sadly BHVR don't like good changes apparently lol.

Like really, they could've just left it as it was.

• DoingGens_You
    DoingGens_You Member Posts: 10
    Options

I don't think they meant it to be like that in the PTB. The whole point of the perk is to counter sabo, not to see everyone on the map. I think the perk should have increased range, but only for the three closest hooks, which would make the perk really nice but not op.

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477
    Options

When it comes to Hangman's trick rework overall, I have to agree with the majority, it was 100% op on the PTB, but nerfing it into the ground was, in my opinion, not the correct way to handle it, it had a chance to become an actually decent tracking perk. I know it's "supposed" to be a strictly anti sabo perk, but sabo, while way better, is still a very niche strategy (with how fast gens can get done, rushing them is ALWAYS the dominant strategy, but that's not the point), when you combine that with the fact that killers have eyes, and most of the time you see someone running up to the hook, this perk is absolutely useless 90% of the time. It's especially painfull now that you've given us a taste of potential 😪

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Just give up on the perk already. It's a singular perk. There's like 68 other Killer perks to choose from, yet you are all upset about one.

Dead by Daylight Bruh Moment™

• avilmask
    Options

How to easily make someone upset: promise them a cool thing and break it in their face.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

PTB version was for sure far too broken.

Current version is big meh.

It should be at least like +4 meters range increase (total 10m at tier 3).

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Well, just because they HAVE the toolbox doesn't mean that they'll use it to sabotage. Clearly they should make it only see the aura of a Survivor currently sabotaging a hook. :P

• Oberon
    Oberon Member Posts: 84
    Options
  • mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

classic bhvr wasting resources making something worthless even more worthless when they could literally do anything else.

• Megaris
    Megaris Member Posts: 105
    Options

trash was thrown into trash can. that's all. no need to 

feel disappointment.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

Real question, why put work into a perk that is so useless that nobody in their right mind will ever run it?

And dont even pretend it has value ever, NOBODY will run this, if they do its just to be contrarian and if they are actually worried about sabo'ing (which btw pretty much nver happens anyway...) you would just run Agitation...

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    Options

Devs are allergic to making any new perk / reworked perk that's meta.

Seriously, they're just too lazy to BALANCE perks and use "power creep" as an excuse to constantly spit out useless perks. (Balance doesn't only mean creating something that isn't overpowered; it also means creating things that aren't excessively underpowered as well).

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    edited March 2020
    Options

It's almost like they're scared to make any more killer perks that people might actually want to use

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I really wish that all the effort put into this rework was put into various other perk buffs and balancing. Instead of making a perk better, we just got a perk that's bad in a different way. I bet it would have been a lot easier to buff the numbers on some other underused perks a bit (like Fire Up, Wake Up, ect...) than give a perk brand new functionality.

• avilmask
    Options
  • Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613
    Options

It wasn't JUST a counter to sabo. It allowed defensive Killers to actually defend the area of their choice. Old HT made the time it took Trapper to setup worth it. Without old HT, Trapper setting up to defend an area is more or less a waste of time. By the time a single hook or gen is gone from that area, Trapper just doesn't have the time to spend setting up somewhere else.

Old HT allowed Trapper to not worry about losing hooks. At all! Not talking about sabotage either. Sacrifice destroys hooks as well and old HT helped in that. Old HT preventing hooks being lost by sacrifice was the ONLY REAL REASON HT WAS USED AT ALL!

Hell. Old HT wasn't even limited to defensive Killers either. Billy, Nurse, Doctor, Clown, ANY Killer could make use of old HT thanks to not losing hooks to sacrifice! It only takes a single lost hook for any reason for a snowball to start one way or the other.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

BHVR has their fair share of "Good Job" moments, and Hangman's Trick change is one of them. However, for the most part, they actually make great decisions and do their absolute best for the community.

I just feel like they could've gave Hangman's Trick a different treatment, not just change the numbers and leave it at that. If they told us about the alternatives they tried and said they didn't make it, I would have a different opinion. 😁

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited March 2020
    Options

The new Hangman's Trick is flaming garbage compared to the old one and the PTB one. The devs showed again they don't really know what they're doing with sabotage. They should've either left Hangman's Trick the way it was in the PTB or kept the old version that decreased hook regeneration time.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited March 2020
    Options

And "killers", you forgot I hit two birds with one stone. 😃

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

The new description of Hangman's Trick seems absolutely useless? Why did they remove the respawn feature for sacrificed hooks? At least it could be a little useful then?

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,100
    Options

The old hangman respawn the hook within mins. It was funny going up against a sabo team and watching the hook respawn after a couple min of it being sabo.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

tbh I would still have enjoyed the new Hangman's because maybe we would've seen something else than BBQ. It would be finally a new meta perk, but no. Just Perk 53 that is useless in this game. In love, BHVR. :v