Deathslinger nerfed

Options

As of 3.6.1 Deathslinger is now hot garbage on console

even prior he needed a lot of play time to learn to aim and get better but now He is completely unplayable unless you like losing

Thank you BHVR very cool.

Comments

• CasualConsolePlayer
    CasualConsolePlayer Member Posts: 51
    Options

Same here you can't flick shot anymore with controller. Ending loops are almost impossible now because you have something like 1% of your base sens. In previous patch everything was perfect, he required skill.

"Hotfix" without thinking about console players who are 60% of game's community.

Revert changes or make new setting rather than doing lazy fixes for pc players.

• Youko
    Youko Member Posts: 187
    Options

I was having so much playing him until the nerf. I give up. Killers just aren't allowed to have nice things...

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

Im having the time of my life with him. Lots of matches with red ranks. His thing is the absence of map pressure. Loops can be cut with a quick shot (aim with the tip of the harpoon while not aiming).

• Youko
    Options

Eh, I think I really needed that extra sensitivity to flick for my hits. Maybe if I keep playing, I can adjust. But there are mulutple skill levels in the Red Ranks. And it you get those really highly skilled SWF, which for me was almost every match last night, it was impossible.

They were picking loops where even if I got my shot, the chain would break before I could get my hit or they were getting the pallet throw down even though I clearly hit my shot first (I know, latency....). When I would be ready to hit for a down, they body blocked, scattered. Too slow to catch up. Had a gen grab, but again, latency let the survivor go. Gen pops.

Around the time Spirit was released, I was a Red Rank killer for like, a year straight. Change after change and now unless I play Freddy or maybe Ghostface and Wraith with top tier addons are the only way I have a chance to do well...

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258
    Options

Did the rest of you get some nerf that I didn't? He's fine as he is. Turn your sensitivity up to 100% and get some aim, guise.

• Youko
    Options

What works for you doesn't work for everyone else. Upping the sensitivity that high while I'm *not* aiming would be nauseating for me. Not only that, there is no per killer settings. I am accustomed to the default setting on other killers and don't need it higher. I upped to 70% and it helped for shooting, but I could barely stand it when not looking down the sights...

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Hate to break it to you, but consoles aren't 60% of the games community. PC carries more players than console does.

• Write_By_Daylight
    Write_By_Daylight Member Posts: 126
    Options

If you think he's bad, I think it's a severe lack of practice. Because I've seen from R1-R20, get stable 3-4k's on reg.

It's just you.

• CasualConsolePlayer
    Options

I played on both PC and PS4. Queue time on PC is 4x longer than PS4, there are 2 other consoles too. 3 consoles have more active player base than PC.

Btw. About 100% sens. No I tried it and it's too slow you can't flick your shots and it was the best part for me to end loops.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

That's hugely false and even behavior says console are the majority

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    edited April 2020
    Options

Probly more like 70% then, because you honestly can't tell me there's more people STILL playing this old ass game on PC. A lot have got burnt out and left. The game is newer on console, and THAT'S where all the new players are coming from. This game is slowly dying on PC. Console is the only thing keeping it booming right now, yet we get the ######### treatment for some damn reason....

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

According to https://steamcharts.com/top dead by daylight is the 22nd most played game on steam currently and as per https://steamcharts.com/app/381210 the game does not appear to be dying by any sense of the world.

• CasualConsolePlayer
    Options

22nd on steam not top10. Have you seen queue times on PC? Or having 17 rank in red rank games because there is not enough players? 22nd place on steam is on a paper nothing more. Why everyone want crossplay ? Because of queue time

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

Well, you just keep thinking that buddy. I mean, there data is NEVER WRONG, and always spot on. Guess you got me buddy... Lmao🤦‍♂️

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

Console has bad queue times too. In fact right now dead by daylight has some of the most players it's had in months and it still has bad queue times. Bad queue times are a result of player imbalance not a lack of players.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

git rekd, deatslingre maines

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

My Queue times are usually under 5 minutes for both killer and survivor.. so there's nothing wrong with them.

• PSYCHOTIC07
    PSYCHOTIC07 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2020
    Options

We sorta got away from the original topic: Deathslinger is not as playable once you move up in rank! I've put in plenty of hours with him and use all the top perks trying to find something that consistently works. Nothing does! He moves slow even though his speed is listed as being on par with the other killers. His actions are a detriment to himself rather than survivors. It's sometimes better to loop than reload because he so slow. When he does reload, he looks down and you momentarily lose the survivor. The Hellshire Iron is useless, even with the Prison Chain, you can only look in the direction of the survivor being hooked pretty much. He has no map presence so if you walk to one side of the map, gens are done when you get to the other side. At windows, survivors can move to just out of view, a foot to the side of the window, and they can break free without you being able to strike them. I've only seen one time where a survivor actually fell to the dying status after being speared, when it first was released. So using Barbed Wire is also pointless as well. Pallets are innocuous! So really your options are to loop or give up and find another survivor rather than waist time. On the subject of pallets, it seems easier to be stunned by then when you are further back than usual (respecting the pallet). His slow actions makes it so you can really only play him one way and that's too try to clean up during the end game collapse with Warden and NOED. Let's fix this and make him fun to play on console. Before you survivor types start in, I've played hours of this killer and have learned to use him and even quick shot, but it's not enough.

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143
    Options

I got good with Deathslinger maybe a week after he released, for them to nerf basically his only ability to shut down loops is tragic. While he is almost unplayable against strong SWF he isn't the worst option. Rip flicks