Gen rush is STILL a problem

Options

Dear devs , You nerfed the toolboxes , new killer perks doesnt help against gen rush ....Please understand that Perks/item nerfs are USELESS can you just fix the damn gameplay , it annoys every killers , even some big streamers are annoyed about the gen rush

You cant even chase 1 minute there's already two/three gens done , i enjoy the new killer but i cant enjoy it enough because of the gen rush , i must constantly stress about 'Oh where should i go , lets protect the gens , dont chase anymore go protect the gens' Its really annoying playing killers right now so you really should work about this its your biggest problem right there and you have to open your eyes.

If you dont fix the gen rush then i'll invite everyone to just unrank yourself on purpore and bully the new players at low rank , to see if they'll stay in the game or not , because if they don't fix this asap i'll just find my 'fun' against the beginners .

Comments

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Gen times are fine.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

Totally agree. Gens goes to fast now. I know are boring, but there are no other objective now to escape. In bigger maps with good loops is almost impossible for the killer. Valutate to add 10 sec to a gen speed repair or a second objective (with totems or not). Reducing map size and breakble wall are very good idea, if you can do it well, but I doubt it will be the perfect solution. New map is good to play, but however gens go too fast .

• ToppingPanic
    ToppingPanic Member Posts: 77
    edited March 2020
    Options

Lmaoo you're gonna get the WHOOLLEE damn community to derank? Bruh just be better... Like tf else are survivors supposed to do? Sitting on a gen for +80 seconds is already enough small talk time.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

I just learned to have fun with the games I am given. You don't have to get four kills every match to win, just try and relax, play meme builds and have fun!

• XRuecian
    XRuecian Member Posts: 118
    edited March 2020
    Options

I don't think that generators are too fast in general, the main problem is that the FIRST generator pops way too fast. On some killers (trapper, huntress, deathslinger, hag) you cant even walk to the furthest generator from where you spawned in time before it pops. There was literally no counterplay, no way to apply pressure, it was just a free generator. The ruin perk was bad game design, because killers felt forced to use it, which just means that the game had a problem. They should have found a way to make the first generator take just a little bit longer to give the slower killers a chance to actually fight for it, WITHOUT having to use a crutch perk. Now we have corrupt intervention to give us a little more time before they rush a generator down. But the problem still remains: I have to use an entire perkslot just to counter bad game design, otherwise i would have to give up an entire objective for free.

When this game was first released, i remember thinking that doing generators every single game seemed kind of stale. I always had assumed that the generators were just like 'phase one' of the game and that they probably were planning on adding more objectives to spice the game up, but they never did.

Would be really nice to see the objectives of the survivors change depending on what killer they are up against or what map you are playing on. Maybe against the pig, they actually all spawn (wake up) with a rev. beartrap on their head, rather than her putting them on after downing you, and they have to find ways to help each other get their trap off via completing different puzzles around the map, which would allow them to escape. The rev. beartrap IS the objective.

Maybe against the demogorgon they have to activate some type of seal to lock him away in the abyss.

Maybe they have to find several keys hidden around the map and use them all on different doors to open more parts of the map to eventually reach the exit.

Could probably come up with all kinds of interesting objectives. I guess it would take a lot of work, but the game really needs it.

• Doomlights
    Doomlights Member Posts: 4
    Options

Generator speed is way to fast it's actually worse now because of the fact they gave the toolbox's even more speed to repairing generators ALL THE MAPS need to be reworcked to be like the new map with breakable walls and very few palets. If Dead by daylight wants to keep the gen speed were it is than killers need to 1 shot all survivors other wise bring gen speed way down.

They should do what Identity V does slow gen speed for the first 5-6 minutes than a gen speed boost at 7 minutes and beyond. And remove keys because Identity V has no key mechanic and never should survivors shouldn't be able to get a half ass escape. I am killer and survivor main so b4 u go saying I favor killers think twice. Survivors are OP in Dead by daylight no doubt about it. The killers should be op but their not because survivors have bEhavior holding their hands the whole time.

I would actually have more fun as survivor if they nerfed gen speed other wise the matches r just way to short

• Trollthem
    Trollthem Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2020
    Options

They are not , if you think otherwise you just want to abuse the dumb system for survivor

Some want to have fun , some want to train correctly without getting rushed and some want competition , with gen rush you have No fun , you don't have time to train and you don't have any competition because it is not unbalanced

I don't want everyone to derank, but i invite people like me who're tired of devs lazyness when we talk about nerfing survivors gen rushing or survivors nerf in general to do this to have the fun they had before without playing a time attack game.

• kaylawake
    kaylawake Member Posts: 15
    Options

I am a lower rank killer who always ends up playing against purple and red ranks. Have no problem applying gen pressure. You need a new killer if that’s the case.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

The toolboxes changes were implemented to ease up on the rush (and using toolboxes for the entire duration of the gens even 2 with add-ons)

And the rush will never be weakenned in itself IF there isn't anything else that survivors need to do.

• Trollthem
    Options

Injured survivors suffer a repair malus when they repair a generator while being injured . To begin with .

• Milo
    Options

Again, that's just making the main objective longer. The survivor still would have 1 main thing to do while not occupied - Generators.

• Trollthem
    Options

That would allow killers to have more time to play the game actually .

If you want the devs to add a new objective then you can wait , i prefer to add some malus when injured instead of waiting 1 more year of complete gen rush . I don't know how they could let this still in the game and their main trouble atm is not even gen rush but they're asking people about the archives... ridiculous.

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357
    Options

This is basically thanatophobia.....but just on the injured person? So you want a worse thanatophobia to fix the you are experiencing. Couldn't you just use thanatophobia?

Toolboxes are trash.

Medkits instaheals were trashed.

These things happened to help people like you who struggle....but you still want more?

• Trollthem
    Options

-50% on injured people isnt thanatophobia, people shouldnt be allowed to going at the same speed to repair as a full healed survivor

Toolboxes wasnt the problem about gen rush cuz its still there , the gens goes at the same speed than before.

Medkit insta heal were dumb but you can still waste killer's time with extra borrow in your medkit , just adapt on this one and it has nothing to do with gen rush.

• MPUK
    Options

A 50% reduction? Hahahahahahahahahahahahah that is brilliant. You have given me such a good laugh.

Let's say they did this, what do you think will happen? 50% for anyone injured:

Then on top of that you will have thanatophobia giving another 16% if all 4 are injured.

Then let's add dying light on top of that which.... let's not max it out, we will say a 20% debuff.

Then add this build to Freddy with some slow down add ons. What a fun game that will be for everyone involved.

50% reduction..... I'm actually howling with laughter right now.

Your name makes sense now!

• Trollthem
    Options

That"s called punishing the gen rush , so at least they'll consider healing and of course with your tiny brain you can think further , of course they would chose / nerf thanatophobia and dying light . Geez survivors have really the IQ of a red fish.

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192
    Options

In my opinion it's more like a matchmaking problem and not game mechanic.

I personally don't play killer often because I have to wait like 30 mins to find a match, but I have noticed it depend on how you play the game.

Once it'll find you a match with all new players with ranks 16-18 and kill all of them with one gen done, other time ranks 18-20 with all brand new parts, who escapes in less than 5mins .

And there is nothing you can do if some high rank create a new account to have fun.

• MPUK
    Options

It isn't called punishing the gen rush at all. It is called a rubbish, lazy killer main wants to have wins handed to him by the devs by having a ridiculous percentage of debuff for landing ONE HIT.

The only problem with intellect here is you. Completely deluded if you think that getting a 50% debuff is a fair figure for getting hit once.

What happens when there are only 2 people left? They can't heal because you're chasing the other. So they just have to work with 50%+ decreased speed because in your eyes you think that is balance because it massively favours you and your desperate need to win.

If you can't kill people, get better at the game. Don't expect the devs to be handing you huge rewards for landing a single hit on someone. It would be like a survivor expecting a 50% increase in repair speed when they have recently healed someone from the ground "punishing the slugger" or a 50% running speed increase when someone has pulled them off a hook from a camper call that one "punishing the pathetic killer". I mean killers can't even handle a 5 second speed boost and one health state from adrenaline or a 5 second stun from DS but this one wants a 50% debuff just because he hit someone.

Let's not pretend you had thought of perks being changed to accommodate your stupid idea. It is only because I have laughed in your face and pointed out how stupidly overpowered it would be especially when combined with additional slowdown perks you're making excuses. Throw pop goes the Weasel on there too that way you can erase 40 seconds of gen work when you finally get a hook.

Didn't even cover the idea of doing this against the Plague or Legion where it is very easy to get people injured.

It is a really stupid idea and the fact that when they changed Freddy they commented on how boring the dreamworld slowdown was for everyone involved reassures me that they wouldn't ever take your wank suggestion seriously.

Completely moronic.

• Milo
    Options

Oh wow you kinda went big with those numbers oof.

Survivors mostly dont want to heal because it takes forever tbh (16/20 seconds if healed by someone/+sloppy or 32/40 if self caring/+sloppy)

And if those were implemented Thana and dying light and any gen stopping perk would have to be either trashed or that nerfed that it would be pointless to run. (Like thana, imo it would be like 1 or 2% per injured survivor.)

Also the meta would become extra stale. Every survivor would have to have atleast Self Care or Bond and atleast brown medkit. Plague would automatically jump the tier list.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Yeah and I dont care for some gens going to pop early, cause, its not my responsibility. And my Trapper doesnt care either getting at least 2k every game for weeks now.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

You really should not be insulting the intelligence of other players while suggesting a 50% repair speed penalty. I’ve seen many bad ideas that are entitlement at its finest, but this might be at the top of the list. Insanely bad.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited March 2020
    Options

So does the kills. Git gud issue. Better nerf perks like ds cause 60 seconds is really too long considering how fast gens are getting done and fix auto aim issue.

• Trollthem
    Options

No its not a matchmaking problem , anyone who can make gens will rush them.

• Trollthem
    Options

We need the old ruin to come back

• Trollthem
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO-3W4hj4vc

Oh by the way for the survivors mains who want to continue to abuse the game and for the devs who don't give a damn about it

There's Otzdarva in his video showing a perfect exemple that i had a few times and that he encountered in his match.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517
    Options

You obviously don’t play killer much, you can be do very well but gens really fly by fast, waaay too fast

• CasualConsolePlayer
    CasualConsolePlayer Member Posts: 51
    Options

Making 50% slower repair would make legion S tier killer. It's good idea but with 10-15% numbers on the table.

Killers were forced to use ruin. Now after ruin nerf we are forced to play with Pop or corrupt. So it changed s..t.

They are scared about buffing killers' perks or nerfing surv because there are 4 killers in the game that would dominate everything. Making weaker killers struggle

• Trollthem
    Options

Yes making it 10/15% is good , because every game at high rank there's people who dont bother healing and they just rush the gens .

They nerfed ruin cuz everyone used it , but don't nerf DS/dead hard/unbreakable , oh its true that survivor never use those perks (90% survivor use those perks btw).

Its so obvious that to rank up as a survivor you have almost nothing to do , not any effort to put . But for killer you have so much work to do , i feel sometimes that i surpassed myself in some games i even kill the 4 survivors but sometimes i dont even get 1 Pipe , its so punishing to play killer , devs don't care anymore about killers and you can feel it . But you can be sure that if Tru3ta1ent or Otzdarva complain and threaten to quit the game , they'll instantly buff killers.

• Trollthem
    Options

So I bump this again to show to people and especially to the DEVS how fast gens can be done even tho the killer did nothing wrong :

I think everyone knows him you can look from beginning to 3:17 . At 3:17 all the gens will be finished so it tooks 3 min and 17 seconds for the survivors to finish 5 gens while the nurse did nothing wrong.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

Yikes people still beg for the old ruin lmao.

• Trollthem
    Options

Im pretty sure you would beg if DS was destroyed , people even cried when BT was changed. Lmao