why are the killers all CQC with only the huntress/clown/doc having any form or range attack

Options
redsopine1
redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
As the tittle says why CQC plays to the survivors anyway yet the constantly Nerf anyone who gives CQC a fair chance we need more ranged killer's don't care if you slow them just make more please so why Havant you and as it was pointed out to me CQC is the abbreviation of Close Quaters Combat I couldn't git the full term in question name

Comments

• redsopine1
    Options
    Sorry I will edit that now
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    I daresay the lack of ranged killers is a result of the prop collision. Last time I checked some real nonsense occurs with Autohaven Wreckers trucks. On top of this, the original killer inspirations were "slashers", not shooters. I honestly would love more ranged killers, but at the same time I can understand their hesitation.
  • redsopine1
    Options
    I mean not guns but even slashers have been known to throw there weapons and stuff heck Jason's s slasher yet he impaled people buy throwing his machete and other items Michal could easily throw his knife at them heck any weapon killer could throw there weapon at the survivors to hurt them but then needs to go to a locker to get a new weapon (kinda like the huntress and her hatchets)
  • redsopine1
    Options
    Or even have a killer that specializes in bows like the people from the wrong turn films
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

Not really related to the pose, but you could have said "Close Quarters Combat" instead of assuming everyone on these forums has been in the military before.

You would know if you had played MGS3
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

My only problem with the Huntress & Clown are their instadown add ons.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

The question is a decent one, but with a sad answer. To elaborate on Peasant's comment, I don't think that the code the game was made off of is very supportive for ranged Killers. Plus, it is a bit more subjective, but if you ask me and probably many others, the 3 ranged killers you pointed out or not as fun as others, just because this game is built around mindgames. That's why playing Nurse and the other CQC Killers are more fun, because with Huntress for example, you just throw a hatchet and hope the hitboxes are generous(doesn't matter how many or few hours you have in CS:GO). But with a Killer like Wraith(or any others), you get to a pallet, and it is an intense chase with lots of mindgames.

Adding onto to the less fun, I imagine tons of survivors would say Clown, Doctor and to a lesser extent Huntress are unfun to play against. Again, just because the way the game was coded, it is horrible at detecting hatchet hits, judging wether a shock was successful, or determining if the survivor in the dead center of the gas cloud should get intoxicated.

• redsopine1
    Options
    Brady said:

I agree with that id only use them if a team shows up with 4 tools or 4 flashes

The question is a decent one, but with a sad answer. To elaborate on Peasant's comment, I don't think that the code the game was made off of is very supportive for ranged Killers. Plus, it is a bit more subjective, but if you ask me and probably many others, the 3 ranged killers you pointed out or not as fun as others, just because this game is built around mindgames. That's why playing Nurse and the other CQC Killers are more fun, because with Huntress for example, you just throw a hatchet and hope the hitboxes are generous(doesn't matter how many or few hours you have in CS:GO). But with a Killer like Wraith(or any others), you get to a pallet, and it is an intense chase with lots of mindgames.

Adding onto to the less fun, I imagine tons of survivors would say Clown, Doctor and to a lesser extent Huntress are unfun to play against. Again, just because the way the game was coded, it is horrible at detecting hatchet hits, judging wether a shock was successful, or determining if the survivor in the dead center of the gas cloud should get intoxicated.

Thankyou that is a very good and elaborate answer that really answers my question so thank you but would still be nice to have some more ranged skills for the people that just loop a pallet constantly jumping it to waste time so they get the message we are not playing your game now be serious or we will throw a insta at you
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

CQC = regular melee attacks … if the Devs start messing with the killers hitdetection cone this will really get ridiculously stupid. That will become jukers paradise.

• redsopine1
    Options
    What's a junker?
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

@RagingCalm said:

Understandable with Huntress, but Doctor and Clown are two different stories. People consider Doctor annoying because his power counters stealth (I know, I know, you still can, just making a point), nothing about shocks landing incorrectly. Which, by the way, are very fair, I have never thought to myself "That shock shouldnt have got me". Clown is unfun because... um... is it unfun at all? If anything, he is underplayed, and npot because he is unfun to play as. The range of tonic clouds is very clear and easy to avoid.

• redsopine1
    Options
    PigNRun said:

@RagingCalm said:

Understandable with Huntress, but Doctor and Clown are two different stories. People consider Doctor annoying because his power counters stealth (I know, I know, you still can, just making a point), nothing about shocks landing incorrectly. Which, by the way, are very fair, I have never thought to myself "That shock shouldnt have got me". Clown is unfun because... um... is it unfun at all? If anything, he is underplayed, and npot because he is unfun to play as. The range of tonic clouds is very clear and easy to avoid.

Ok and yup hatchets miss sometimes but what I mean is people could use more range moves to counter those annoying loop jumpers that just vault the same bit for ages they stop once the see a throw
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I wouldn't even consider Doc or Clown ranged attacks though because they can't hurt you.

Huntress is legit the only killer with a ranged attack. And if you make any other killer with a ranged attack it will just be a Huntress clone.

What I would like to see are more killers that are faster than normal instead of slower. Huntress, Hag, Nurse, now Spirit. All slow killers, with 3 of them having alternative movement options. I want a killer that's FAST, like 125% or something, but has something to offset it, maybe in that they would be super easy to see and hear or they have extra long cooldown on attacks. We need something on that end, I know it's harder to balance killers that are fast as opposed to ones that are slow, but it would be fun to be a fast killer as long as it wasn't easy to control it would be fine. If anyone knows the term "glass cannon" that's what I'm going for here.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Would love to have some sort of killer with a hook or anchor.

I play a lot of Dota and Pudge is by far one of my favorite. Similarly how its very satisfying to hear a Bear Trap catch someone, a long range Huntress Hatchet to land right on target, or a Billy Chainsaw that you round map with and end up hitting someone in the back.
    It would be so satisfying to land a hook that latches onto someone :chuffed:

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

@Mycroft said:

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Would love to have some sort of killer with a hook or anchor.

I play a lot of Dota and Pudge is by far one of my favorite. Similarly how its very satisfying to hear a Bear Trap catch someone, a long range Huntress Hatchet to land right on target, or a Billy Chainsaw that you round map with and end up hitting someone in the back.
    It would be so satisfying to land a hook that latches onto someone :chuffed:

Admit it. You want to see Scorpion in this game. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6TKSJHSJnU

Actually... I don't like Mortal Combat... Sorry..

• redsopine1
    Options
    Well if they ever got around to having the entity as a playable character they might do that
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Brady said:

The instadown addon from clown is the only way to make him somehow viable.
    I disike the instadown on huntress because good survivors will notice and loop ya into oblivion and you have to wait for a mistake

• redsopine1
    Options
    And yup I know how much of a nuisance people can be with looping I have her so they cant just go back and forth on a pallet
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@Master said:

@Brady said:

The instadown addon from clown is the only way to make him somehow viable.
    I disike the instadown on huntress because good survivors will notice and loop ya into oblivion and you have to wait for a mistake

I disagree, The Clown isn't viable period, just one annoying Killer with a really purposeless power. But giving him an instadown won't fix his problematic concept. No projectile based-anything in this game should give you an instadown.

Not true. After 2.0, you can land shots around alot of loops way easier now. The trucks have even been fixed (It's a miracle) Also, accept that The Huntress is viable, that if you DO have skill, looping doesn't always matter to The Huntress (This is only after 2.0) , and that her add on is complete BS like instaheals are.
    It's the most stupid thing in the game. Instaheals and instahatchets need to go.

• redsopine1
    Options
    True but would be nice if the insta hatchet's are used against 4man swf teams otherwise not active