Banned for custom icons?

AnaxLumu
AnaxLumu Member Posts: 19
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

I wanted to try custom icons but im too scared that i am gonna get banned.

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Yes you can by EAC, although it is rare if you do it right. Just be aware that there is always the chance, and you are taking that risk when you do it.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

We do not manually ban people for changing their perk or character icons, but since you are modifying files, you risk triggering the anti-cheat. If you are automatically banned by the anti-cheat, your ban would be out of our hands and we would be unable to help you.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    edited March 2020

It's not likely, streamers do it all the time, but it is at your own risk. If EAC bans you, you will get no help from the Devs. If you want it though, go ahead.

• AnaxLumu

Can i appeal if i get banned by EAC?

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,075

I have never heard of anyone in the Dead by Daylight community being banned for custom icons. If you're really worried, you can email EAC directly and ask them how their anti-cheat service works, and if you would be banned for said action.

• AnaxLumu

Well guess im not gonna risk it.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

There's no getting unbanned from the anti-cheat? don't they have power? :/ confused

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

That's the safe decision.

I can't anyway bc I'm a console pleb :P

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

You would have to appeal an automated ban through Easy Anti-Cheat, but we wouldn't be able to step in and lift it for you. Their answer is final in that case.

• AnaxLumu

There are alot of post's saying that if you get unbanned from EAC that you can put custom icons again but im gonna risk the 1st chance and if i get banned then im just gonna appeal and not use custom icons

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Nothing is going to happen mate. Just use them. Even McLean is using them (bhvr dev) and many streamers. It's been a thing since its release basically and I haven't came across a single report of someone getting banned for that. You are more likely to get banned by using a controller on pc lol

• AnaxLumu

I already have custom icons ready but if i get banned then im gonna appeal and not use custom icons plus my icons aren't even up to date with 3.6.1

• Axiant
    Axiant Member Posts: 36

Can't you decide what files are monitored by EAC and leave the icons out of it?

• They say their hands are tied. But I bet a dollar if any of the top streamers who are bringing in people and potential money into this game got banned for perk colors. Bhvr would be on it faster than you could say whiskey biscuits