So Hacking is now a thing in DBD?

variantgameplays
variantgameplays Member Posts: 69
edited March 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's only a normal day playing dbd and encountered this Claudette that turns on corners and just suddenly disappears, damn scratch marks are on the wall. I have bbq and nurse's calling and when i see her she's on the bottom of the map like in the bottom level of basement. after taking 2 of the survs they finished all gens and the claudette just walked through the gate like there is no gate at all. sad to say i haven't recorded the game, and i get salty with it.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Hacking was a thing. It's just not so common.

• Humanarian
    Humanarian Member Posts: 230
    edited March 2020

You don't need to record your own game to prove there are hackers/cheaters in Dead by Daylight. The most famous DbD streamers/YouTubers like Otzdarva and Tru3Ta1ent have already posted the videos where they have encountered the same kind of hacker. And in all honesty, this. This very fact that it is even possible to apply such cheats to the game... It's the most pathetic thing about Dead by Daylight. Not Moris or keys, not some overpowered Perks, not even the ballance.

No. The hackers among Survivors is pretty much the definition of BHVR's "pretty good job so far".

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • XRuecian
    XRuecian Member Posts: 118
    edited March 2020

You know, when i first started getting into more competitive games when i was younger, i used to play a lot, and i never really seen blatant hacking in most games firsthand. So i always was under the belief that people who cried about hacking were just looking for an excuse to explain their loss. But as i played more and more, i started doing something. Whenever i play a competitive game now, and i dont SEE anyone hacking, it makes me wonder: Is this game just well made and hack free? Or are the hackers just using very discreet hacks that you can't notice outright? So, i will go online and try to FIND hacks for the game, just to see if they are available, or if there are any youtube videos showing off these hacks. And to my surprise... almost every single game, even the ones where i thought there wasn't a cheating problem, had wallhacks/aimhacks/etc. It really broke my heart as a gamer that the games i had played and trusted in were possibly not being played in good faith by my opponents at all. How many games have i lost and thought that i sucked, or complimented the enemy for being good when in fact it could have just been them cheating all along? What if half of these rank 1 players that keep kicking my ass are in fact using cheats, and not just that much better than me?

I am actually afraid to even look up the state of hacks for DBD. I am afraid i will run into videos of survivor hacks that just straight up let them see the killers aura at all times, or get the benefit of a toolbox infinitely, etc. I already have enough problems getting motivated to play killer, if i see that, it might just destroy my will to play completely...

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited March 2020

Was it this one? (Hyperlink)

• Humanarian
    Humanarian Member Posts: 230

You're bound to see such things if you watch Otzdarva or Tru3Ta1ent. The only good thing about the situation is the fact that hackers like those are really rare (obvious speed hackers or noclip hackers).

• Atchoo
    Atchoo Member Posts: 326

2 days ago I saw a hacking Deathslinger, havent seen a hacker for months (except Legacy hackers). The deathslinger walked extremely fast and every shot hit (even through multiple walls).

Hacking is not so common anymore but there ars still some people who hack, sadly.

• variantgameplays
    variantgameplays Member Posts: 69

he's just lucky i wasn't streaming at the moment I encountered the hacker