Can we get a better reason to Prestige?

Options

I thought of this a while ago. But what if for every tier of prestige you are on a Survivor/Killer you can buy for triple the blood web cost perks you want more directly; But only to a rank that is equal to your prestige

So Prestige one, you can buy all perks for triple the price up to Rank 1. Etc. So to just select a common perk.

Prestige 3 Survivor can buy Adrenaline Directly at the price of Rank 1(15,000) Then upgrade to Rank 2(for 24,000) Than upgrade again to rank 3 (For another 24,000) That way there is still a rather hefty grind, but because you already grinded to the point of P3 you take away the RNG part of it.

Comments

• WRussoW
    WRussoW Member Posts: 715
    Options

If you want to get all perks on a character, prestiging them to level 3 is, like, 25% of the whole work at max.

• Xaggy
    Xaggy Member Posts: 330
    Options

I really don't care about better reasons of prestiging. There is a something better to think about. I am talking about Devotion and Player level. It's just a shoddy game mechanic.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

Instead I think prices of all items and perks should decrease by 10% per prestige.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

No

• FoxWolfFrostFire
    FoxWolfFrostFire Member Posts: 197
    Options

@Zonedymo Why not?

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Thanks for contributing.

@ OP:

I like the idea of reduced item cost at higher prestige levels. For example, P1: 15% Cheaper, P2: 30%, P3: 45%.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

The devs have said about a year ago in a dev stream that the bloody clothing IS the reward for prestiging a character.

They won't be doing anything else.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642
    Options

I no longer prestige because the bloody clothes are not worth it. I would rather buy a skin and use it and save all the Blood Points I put into the blood web. I did the prestige for one character and regretted it. I lost EVERYTHING and then could not use my favorite character all for a blood stained shirt? I never did or will do it again. I would rather just keep going through the web until my character has every perk possible. It is more beneficial then a blood stained shirt or pants. =)

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589
    Options

I prestige only to not see that Prestige button in the middle of BloodWeb

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I wouldn't mind if they just ditched prestige completely and raised the level cap to 200. The bloody clothing could be given out at levels 51, 101, and 151.

• Murdle
    Murdle Member Posts: 119
    Options

The bloody clothes are ugly asf though.. I have it unlocked for some characters and I still don't use it over the standard noob clothes.

They need to give a better reward for prestiging. Don't care if the devs think ugly cosmetics are reward enough.

I want something that actually looks good or serves a purpose. At least make it so everyone can see my prestige rank in all lobbies and after the game, everywhere.

• Krilkal
    Krilkal Member Posts: 68
    Options

How about this

P1 - As it is right now

P2 - You unlock your perks at lvl 2

P3 - You unlock your perks at lvl 3

• BabyClaudette
    BabyClaudette Member Posts: 109
    Options

I only prestige people just to have them prestiged, but they should make prestiging actually do something. Honestly I feel like I get better bloodwebs on my P1 characters than I do on my P3.

• Humanarian
    Humanarian Member Posts: 230
    Options

I entirely fail to understand the whole idea behind prestige versions of the characters. What does it even do? Makes them look covered in blood? That's it? And for that I would need to throw away all the Perks, Add-Ons, Offerings and basically start leveling them up from scratch? To say that it's not worth it for me would be an understatement.

• XRuecian
    XRuecian Member Posts: 118
    Options

Problem is that when the game first came out, there were very very very few cosmetics, this made bloody character clothes actually something valuable to work for. Nowadays cosmetics are way more common, and much better ones can be unlocked with rift/holiday/iri shards, so the bloody clothes is pretty bland.

You are SUPPOSED to get an increased chance of getting more yellow/green and less brown items show up in your bloodweb for each prestige level you obtain, but i have heard that part doesn't actually seem to be true? If they simply fixed this part alone, that would be enough reason for me to want to prestige.

Another option would be to just increase how much player XP you obtain when playing on a prestiged character, so you can unlock iri shards a bit faster if you play prestiged. 10% per prestige level shouldn't be enough to break the game or make iri shards too easy to obtain. Would be a huge help to some of the players who are grinding to unlock killers/survivors/perks rather than buying all the DLCs.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    Options

Letting people eventually earn legacy clothes would be a way to have more prestiging.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited March 2020
    Options

Well it's not like there's a plus side to limited time clothing from years ago anyways. Having goals that can be worked toward does.