Please try to argue how this is fair

Options
Seltas0208
Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

3/5 of their objective completed in 85 seconds.

I know the devs said expect a couple of gens to pop, so this player has promptly tried to prepare for the mid to late game with his perk setup. But if he gets no time to build it up during the mid game because generators are done to fast then his entire perk build is invalidated.

This is what people like myself mean when we want our early game back. We don't want to be forced to play perfectly 100% of the time just so we can hope to get 2 kills.

Comments

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

How it happened? Simple:

• SWF communication

How it can be prevented? Very simple:

• Corrupt Intervention (Plague perk)
    • NOT playing the Huntress
    • playing Billy or anyone else with good map pressure
    • Hex: Ruin is still good, as a Survivor main I can never find it and it's always annoying
  • GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

I’ve had this done a few times posted a few videos lol people will defend it saying “pressure gens” how can you pressure gens when your chasing someone and the others are on gens?

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    Options

Well, what about this?

If the timestamp dont work, start at 1hr and 54 minutes, it will take 3.35 minutes to get 4 gens... i'm the survivor, is that enough context?

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    Options

There is the possibility of matches not being in the Killer's favour due to RNG. How often does this situation occur?

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72
    Options

Corrupt is pretty good, but Ruin is completely useless if the survs stay on gens. It's not good on Huntress because she's 110. Pop or Corrupt are better.

Don't play killer X is the wrong answer. Huntress is strong, but the fact that people are resigned to saying "if you want to win, you can't play X" is an indication of bad balance.

Not that it's a surprise, because the devs have said clown is "underrated" and "fine", which is laughably stupid. The times when they make good balance changes feels like an accident.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Again, what was mr. killer main doing in the 85 seconds before those gens popped? Patrolling the gens? Chasing someone? Just playing dumb? The clip isnt showing much.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Clown may be bad (to us) but some people who can play really well, such as Otzdarva, he still gets 4k's with him.

Sure, Huntress is strong. I'll agree, because I went up against a lot of Huntresses the past few days and all of them 4k'd, by either slugging and whatnot.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225
    Options

It buffles me to see some people here arguing that this ######### is normal, ######### this, the game shouldn't require you to run specific perks in order to stop crap like this. No. This is a major issue. While obviously it does not occur that often, it still happens, the game MUSN'T allow this to happen.

• raulblideran
    Options

Nobody says that bloody thing that killers should win with 5 gens, stop saying ######### like that. We are aware that winning with 5 gens should only happen when we are either lucky as ######### or when we are matched with dorks. No, we don't want that.

It's stuff like this that's not normal, or when they do a gen in 27 seconds cough cough.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    edited March 2020
    Options

Nope, 1 person is on Gens. 1 in chase, 1 going for the Save. You even see that one person is in a chase. And we dont even see the end result, the game could have ended with no more Gens being done.

As long as not every Gen is done until the end, the Killer will be fine.

Post edited by Aven_Fallen on
  • Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

They did a gen in 27 seconds and they all still died, against the so called worst killer in the game.

Why do generators going by "fast" affect you so much? Its not like the game is lost just because a single generator got done.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    edited March 2020
    Options

3.35 minutes to have one gen left, than we started ######### around, start at 1hr and 54 minutes

• raulblideran
    Options

The only reason that they died was because Otz is a good player and because they really messed up at the end, but I assure you, if it was to be a less experienced person in chases, the match would have been at max 1 kill, probs done by hard camping, thing that is not allowed, stated by the 2nd rule in the Rule Book

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642
    Options

Why is this persons point or opinion braindead? I mean your only argument at all is the assumption that it MAY or COULD be a SWF team meaning 2 people on gens while 1 saves. I am not saying you are wrong or right but you both have points. =)

To be honest I have learned that not all games are like this ONE video here. I mean I would like to see the entire video. Yes 3 gens were popped and oddly yeah kind of fast but it does not mean the match was lost. I have seen games like this go south fast when I am playing killer because the survivors corner themselves into a horrible spot. I mean this was a pure luck that each survivor not only started in opposite spots but they all knew to do gens. In most my games the survivors are duh and just hide. You are right though IF it is a SWF it could spell disaster for the poor killer. I suggest maybe making gen times to repair 2 minutes each instead of I think 80 seconds currently.

I will say depending one what killer I go against sometimes the gen speed can seem to fast or slow. I have had matches where the killer can move so fast that the gen times are not fast enough or moments where the killer is slow and the gens go to fast. I am a nice person though and will actually let the killer kill me for points because I want to be fair.

• Wylesong
    Options

If they are doing a gen in 27 seconds that is either because there is more than one survivor or maybe a toolbox or a glitch. I checked times and even with 2 survivors without toolbox's it should take 44-45 seconds. I mean if a gen is taking 27 seconds maybe look into that. I mean popping 3 gens is normal if the killer does not apply pressure or the team is maybe using comms and split up. I mean it happens but it is not very common or at least it is super rare for me to ever see when I am playing killer or even survivor actually. Sorry this happened to this player.

• Wylesong
    Options

If that is the case then there is also killer stuff that happens that should not be allowed. I mean sadly this game is what it will be. It will never be balanced and I am kind of okay with that because no game with PvP ever is. People always yell in favor of one side over the other. If one side wins to much the other side scream its unbalanced until the other side is unhappy. I play the game because every match is different and if I have a few bad games I take a break or just move on and laugh about it. I am sorry you and many others hate or have such a bad experience with this game. I honestly hope someday this game becomes balanced in whatever way the MANY fans demand. =)

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited March 2020
    Options

Because commenters like Aven on the forums don't want the game to be rebalanced back into the Killer's favor. The game would be more stressful and less fun for survivors to play. It's really obvious and common sense that the game is broken right now, but the dev's don't see that as long as people like Aven exist.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

So if you've seen this....you realise it's a prime example of what people mean when they say generators go to fast right? In the minute twenty five before the clip this killer was doing its job. Chasing people. He had a slowdown perk like most people say to run if you don't want gens to pop like mad...but what's the point in running it if in the time it takes to get 1 hook and starting 1 chase 3 gens pop? Even if he'd ran corrupt intervention it wouldn't have stopped gens from going to fast, because only 3 are blocked. And you can't chase and pressure gens at the same time, because you have to follow the survivor they could lead you away from the remaining gens which means your forced to let them go...making them essentially invulnerable.

And yet....there's people saying that this is completely fine. They say thing like "oh bet you got a 4k" or "show us the first min and 25".

Firstly. I heavily doubt he got anything more than 1 kill. Because while he's chasing that nea it gives the other two time to pump out those last 2 gens. They can leave that person on the hook and it'd be advantageous to them.

Secondly we know exactly what happened in The 1st min and 25 . The player found a survivor, got looped for a while. And then got a hook, your standard average killer gameplay...

And yet people are trying to straw man this into "this player wants to 4k every single match".

Because they can't argue that this is fair

This is why survivor ques are so long and why everyone plays either Freddy or a mobility killer : because most killers don't have the resources to deal with this nor an early game to prevent it .

I remember hearing otz saying that only the old nurse could come back from having all 4 survivors heal with adrenaline at the end of the game. I doubt even in her prime she could've dealt with this....then again this might've never happened under her because her chase times were so low.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Where s the issue ? 😂

• LifeQuestions
    LifeQuestions Member Posts: 26
    Options

Seeing as though we can't even see the whole game, ehh.

Everyone was at a different generator, it wouldn't have taken that long to find at least one person before that so-called 'minute'

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355
    edited March 2020
    Options

Ugh, that does hurt to see, but i am going to have to agree with the other comments in this.

I do understand the point, showing how gens are popping like crazy, but it is an 8 second clip. If it showed the supposed other 1.5 minutes of space patrolling around and foing a chase, and this still happened, then I would 100% agree. The problem is we don't know the first 1:25 of the game. He could have been afk for the first minute, he could have done a chase, or literally solved an equation to win a Nobel prize. There is a 99.9% chance he wasn't solving an equation, but we don't know.

I do believe that it is true, he did do his job. Bit without the evidence of the first minute and 25 seconds, this cannot count as evidence.

@SpaceCoconut can you please, if you have it, show us the minute and 25 seconds beforehand. They do need to see it.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

I want to see the entire game, including post screen so can see ranks and items. For all we know, another gen never even got repaired. If something is going to be promoted as evidence of something wrong, it definitely requires the entire story so people can judge knowing everything. As it stands, it’s beyond useless.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

This clip could be from a 20 minute game, so add the full game

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    edited March 2020
    Options

Either none of you have watched @SpaceCoconut before or you are all a bunch of untrusting internet denizens. He doesn't just post that stuff without good reason. While his views are not everyone's, he doesn't just use "an 8 second clip" to skew a point in his favor. (Also, I am not being a fanboy, I would defend anyone in the situation because a lot of you are awful to each other on here constantly and it's maddening.)

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

I'm surprised so many people care about what happened in the beginning when it can be inferred from the clip... whatever, I'll upload the match later after work just for you.

Forewarning though, I gave up in anger and frustration after this point and simply tunneled the hooked individual and the remaining survivors pulled off a grand rescue to the 2nd survivor I planned on camping.

• SpaceCoconut
    Options

Yea, the first thread was enough.

The entire point of the clip wasn't the result of the match, but the impact in morale that losing those 3 gens had on the player (me). No matter what happened during the course of that match I had lost any will to play at all especially since I was playing one of my weaker killers for a daily.

I was either going to stand by the switch and let them finish the gens, leave the match, or play it through. I decided to play it through, but in that loss of morale with anger and frustration at the helplessness of the situation I decided to tunnel the first survivor I had hooked which of course meant the remaining 3 survivors escaped.

The match after the 3 gens completing is irrelevant because any player who is tired of this situation might lose the will to play after several similar matches. Once a player loses the will to play a match normally the match doesn't matter. As an example, if we had the opposite situation where the survivors decided to give up if the first survivor let themselves go on the hook and the killer got a 4k, was that because the survivors or killers were good or bad or did they simply not want to play through the match and couldn't quit?

This is what many people are ascribing to the match I played and will undoubtedly come down to my skill instead of my desire to play.

Either way, it'll be up later tonight and we'll see what everyone decides to say.

• Hunter__
    Hunter__ Member Posts: 53
    Options

Talking about balance is sort of pointless when your referring to an asymmetrical 1v4 game.

What I see from that clip is that for whatever reason killer had a bad first chase.

Looks like suffocation pit. Maybe killer incorrectly chased a good survivor at the main building.

As huntress they shouldn't have had that much of a problem but I don't know them. Maybe they're a bad huntress. They were robbed by the locker. FIX HUNTRESS HATCHES!

Due to that they couldn't create enough map pressure. So survivors were split on 3 gens like smart survivors and managed to pull off 3 Gen pops. That's not Gen rushing. That's just a clear example of what happens if you can't put any map pressure on survivors.

It's easy to hold m1.

Creating map pressure has to be your first priority as killer if you want to win. Not just chase, hook, repeat.

You can blame game design all you want but killer has only been getting easier.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

Oh this clip again... lmao

🤣

• SpaceCoconut
    Options

Personal insults. I wouldn't expect anything less from this type of person.

• SpaceCoconut
    Options

Like I said before, the outcome is irrelevant.

The feeling of losing 3 gens (which is 60% of the survivor's objective) without being able to do anything about it is the issue.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214
    Options

It seems the killers will or enjoyment is just not important. I understand your point and have had those situations. Best thing to do is wait by an exit gate, wait for them to do gens and open it up. By then if they wanna waste my time or be cocky I just hunt them down until games over so I can start a hopefully better one. How I see it is no matter what emotions killer players feel it doesn't matter.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited March 2020
    Options

a guy was on a hook

what's he supposed to do? clone himself so he can pressure the other 3 simultaneously ?

good grief

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    Options

why even have 7 gens at this point? just put 3 gens in one corner of the map at the start of the match since that is the gameplay you expect the killer to deal with.

"ignore the first 4 gens that go off in 3 mins, just 3 gen it"

who the ######### cares at that point? you now have the amount of time left to do 1-2 more chases. how exciting and interactive. let me just break 10 pallets on this 3rd chase i've been granted with

trash

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214
    Options

That raises a point though. When Killers get a 3 gen it can be easily taken away if a surv finds a key. Your basically telling killers it doesn't matter since they can still 4k. The killer can't guard the 3 gens, watch the hatch or even get a surv depending on how the match and map turned out.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited March 2020
    Options

Irrelevant? Many killers win after early gens lost. You said Huntress for you is weak. Why would you be surprised people want to see what led up to it? Come on. The rest of the game matters to see how the rest of the gens went, as well as needing to know what the survivors brought. All perfectly reasonable expectations. Do you give up with Hag in this same scenario? Honest question. I have a strong feeling everything you are saying has to do with using a killer you aren’t any good at. That ain’t a gen speed problem.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

is the match over then? Because last time I checked it isn't.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

ok lmao a key yea, keys should be nerfed, what's your point? With 4 people alive and 2 gens left no one is using a key, this match was still entirely winnable