Hey Devs, can you answer this post, please?

Options

How hard is to prevent 2 pallets in this loop? Isn't this a simple if/else tense?

Thank you.

Comments

• GreenStar
    GreenStar Member Posts: 20
    Options

You wouldn't even need an else lmao

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

To these devs? probably impossible.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

It's easy, but nobody documented their sourcecode, they got no idea of nothing.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Not everything that's a problem with the game is there because fixing it is technically difficult. Some things are more complicated, balance-wise, than they seem, in terms of other variables that need to be considered, and some things are too time-consuming or simply lower priority.

I don't know whether any of the above applies to this situation, although I suspect it does; my point is simply that it's a mistake to assume that the fact that something isn't balanced yet necessarily means it's too difficult to program.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

of course one of the forum members needs to defend devs no matter what, even in front of an absurd issue such as this map that it's been in the game since 2016. also map balancing should be their top priority, especially this map, since from map balance the rest will most likely follow.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

The personal accusations are unnecessary, and very obviously untrue if you look at my comment history. The question was "how hard is it to program this" and the answer is "it's not about the technical difficulty". I don't know how you can say that I'm defending anything when I never made an argument or judgement of any sort, but simply answered the question posed by the OP.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,316
    Options

The entire map needs a rework to be honest, the building in the middle is just a paradise of safe pallets and windows.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I got a double pallet on Coal Tower yesterday after not seeing a double pallet in a very long time.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

2 times in 2 days. there must be something wrong with the pallet placing algorithm

• Hunter__
    Hunter__ Member Posts: 53
    Options

It's a strong loop.

Survivors got lucky with rng. Deal with it.

They need to bring back more double pallets any way.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

Amen!!!! It’s like they put an add in the local news paper: wanting to hire anyone who passed 8th grade computer class. I mean good lord. Take pride in what you do

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

as you can see, I was survivor in both of the games, nothing to be dealth with. and I'm pretty sure most people will disagree with the last statement...