Is chains of hate the worst dlc in dbd so far?

Comments

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
  • inferjus

Rest of his perks is also good and when Leatherface is not best killer, he can be made viable with right perks. I understand why you call it the worst DLC tho.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

It's an amazing dlc and I would love more like this. An Indian would be nice next.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2020

Absolutely not, are we forgetting darkness amongst us was a thing? I mean, its personally one of my favorite chapter, but it was a buggy mess and introduced legion, the most broken killer in the game, Fat jesus AKA Jeff also had meh perks and many consider ormond to be way too big when playing killer, the only redeemable thing about this chapter is its lore.

• inferjus

Yeah, playing the most bugged killer in whole game is really fun.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

You can still do something against a Spirit, you couldn’t with Legion. There was nothing. Your skill was irrelevant. Difference is that Spirit can still win the match. Legion could not against competent teams. Legion had amazing 1V1 but terrible 4V1. Spirit is great at both which makes her very disliked.

Where is Legion now? Gutted. Their power was a failed experiment and now they are in the trash tier at the bottom of the barrel. A terribly designed killer. Spirit is still an extremely good killer. You might not like Spirit but overall she’s still a great killer who hasn’t been gutted.

I hate Yamaoka too and it is my least favorite map but it’s not worse than Ormond. Ormond is an entire connected loop that any good survivor can run you around for a long period of time. Yamaoka is really only good for immersed teams. Sure you can see better on Ormond but you’re still gonna lose against a good team. Nothing you can do. AND it’s the size of Jupiter.

I just can’t say the Spirit chapter was worse. Darkness Among Us is like a failed lab experiment.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Darkness among us wants to know your location.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited March 2020

"Where is Legion now? Gutted. Their power was a failed experiment and now they are in the trash tier at the bottom of the barrel. A terribly designed killer. Spirit is still an extremely good killer. You might not like Spirit but overall she’s still a great killer who hasn’t been gutted."

You keep talking about Spirit being good like that's somehow a good thing. A phase-walking Killer with the mobility of Usain Bolt who can fake her entire existence to the point that taking your hands off your keyboard is enough to be considered a mindgame should never even exist, let alone be top-tier and for so little effort at that.

"I hate Yamaoka too and it is my least favorite map but it’s not worse than Ormond. Ormond is an entire connected loop that any good survivor can run you around for a long period of time. Yamaoka is really only good for immersed teams. Sure you can see better on Ormond but you’re still gonna lose against a good team. Nothing you can do. AND it’s the size of Jupiter."

Yamaoka's loops are just as bad if your pathing is decent, and Family Residence is bigger than goddamn Uganda. They are also by far the most cluttered maps in the game; I have an easier time chainsawing across the map as Billy on Hawkins than I do walking from point A to point B on Yamaoka. Ormond is annoying, but at least A) You can freely walk around on that map, and B) You can actually bloody see two feet in front of you.

"I just can’t say the Spirit chapter was worse. Darkness Among Us is like a failed lab experiment."

The simple fact that BHVR actually engaged in damage control for DMU makes it ten times better than Bloodline for me. The absolutely terrible effects caused by that patch—Spirit's existence, Yamaoka's existence, and the no-heal meta—are still extremely felt today, a year and a half later.

Post edited by Inji on
  • USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Well so why did you nerfed she again? I used to like play her, and also it's pretty rare see someone using nurses calling or other older perks, even barbecue and chilli is hard to see now days

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

@Elena @inferjus Btw You actually COULD say that disappointment is a factor for nominating the worst DLC. Because it still is a subjective opinion. If a chapter is hyped that much because it presents one of the most iconic killers in the game, and then you get like 20% of what you expected, it can ruin everything. Like, Diablo 4 was announced. This is a huge series and they need to release some great stuff here. If it is "just" one of the better action RPGs, it will be called a flop.

Btw I would also call GF the worst chapter so far. Not by content, but by bugs. The PTB was the most screwed up one. With stuff like "Wake Up speeds up EVERYTHING like repair, vault, search, from THE BEGINNING of the game". Regarding the Deathslinger: I love the whole design about it, killer and map. Survivor is not my favourite but I don't think she's that bad as many say here. And the killer has low map pressure but is pretty strong on almost every loop that is not a complete LOS blocker. Most loops even don't have enough obstacles to break the chain, you can still simply walk around it after spearing as they are too short to break the chain in time. And some loops are too low to even break the chain. You shoot above it and have like 10 seconds to walk around. @Thatbrownmonster not sure about your map description, there is only that one region behind the gallows that are in the open, and that is pretty fine. The rest is full of houses, kinda like Haddonfield, but with less windows, which is also fine.

@Demogordon_Ramsay "At least on Ormond, you can actually see" I wanna counter that one. Ormond is probably the most survivor sided map in the game because it is huge and there is one safe loop next to another. And from killer side, you might have problems looking through the bamboo, but on Ormond you have problems reading auras. They fixed it for survivors (yellow auras), but red is still bad. Scratch marks are super hard to read and sometimes I need to face a dark wall closely, to take a look where my totem is.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Stranger Things was the worst.

Hex suvivability plummeted because of Nancy. Locker meta skyrocketed.

Demogorgon is considerable weak. You can easily sidestep a charged leap, and their portals can barely detect anything outside their range. I see 10x more Legions than Demos despite everyone's complaints.

Steve tries but all his perks are situational.

And while the labs can be fun, it's a bunch of samey rooms with incredibly stupid loops tied together. There's the one room where you always need to take the long way around. And then there's the top floor which seems to be a waste of time exploring as killer.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited March 2020

Talking about how you personally feel about Spirit is completely subjective unless you’re specifically speaking of what counterplay she has, which is why I keep bringing up how good of a killer she is and her counterplay. I’m not speaking of “how little effort she takes” (which is flat out untrue) or the “taking my hands off of my keyboard MiNdGaMe” (which isn’t even a mindgame). As long as the killer has some form of counterplay then I don’t see the point in changing the killer. That is why they had to do damage control for Legion.

Yamaoka’s tiles aren’t as cluttered as Ormond’s tiles are and the main building on Ormond already puts it ahead of Yamaoka in terms of strength. That main building is stupid strong. Not to mention all the invisible walls on Ormond. It’s just a matter of preference I suppose but I can win on Yamaoka most of the time. Ormond is a big fat L against a good team. You just can’t defend all the gens and the loops are WAY too cluttered together.

Plus you can’t even see scratch marks or auras on Ormond that well.

And how did the “no heal meta” start with Spirit’s chapter?

The Uganda comment made me laugh though XD

Post edited by Inji on
  • NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

"Off the Record" i op with OoO. Tried it a few times, so damn funny.

"For the people" is good for obvious reasons.

"Red Herring" is a meme.

"Gearhead" is a bad version of "Surveillance".

"Dead Man's Switch" is way too situational to be good.

"Hex: Retribution" is really strong with instadown totems like HG and NOED.

Deathslinger himself will stay a weak huntress for me, if he doesn't get some adjustments.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889

If you think Ghostface sucks then what are your opinions on Bill, Leatherface and Ash's releases? They all came alone

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

Darkness among us without a doubt. The moment I got a thanataphobia legion is the moment I decided.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I don't think it's the worst chapter. I personally hate the stranger things chapter. Demogorgan isn't fun to face or play as for me. Both his and Steve's perks are pretty useless in my opinion. The only thing good about it was Nancy's perks.

I like playing against and as deathslinger. His perks just are terrible for him that's my biggest problem with the chapter. Why give him a hex totem perk when he doesn't have another hex perk to synergize with. Dead Mans Switch could work with certain killer add-ons like prayer beads, map-wide wraith bell or class photo freddy. Gear Head is just bad.

Zarina's perks aren't great but at least can work in fun builds.

The new map is class and I really enjoy playing on it.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

They came alone for a reason. The Ghost Face chapter could've had two separate licenses but they went with the Fun World license only to require the rights for the mask.

That being said, I never said Ghostface sucked if you read my very first comment carefully. I mentioned he was one of the killers I ranked up to P3 level 50. I stated that the Ghost Face chapter was the worst in my opinion NOT because of his character but because he didn't come with a survivor or map, as I've repeated several times.

Bill, Leatherface and Ash are all listed under the 'Paragraph' releases, Ghost Face is listed under a 'Chapter' release. Ghost face is the only chapter to not feature a survivor or map, which is why I think it is the worst DLC.

• Bentcheesee
    Bentcheesee Member Posts: 14

I don't really care for any of Deathslinger's perks and his power is just Huntress, but instead the survivors are thrown at you and it can waste time. Though he does look cool, he is a very weak killer. He is ranked in my bottom three, along side Clown and Wraith.

For the People is an okay perk. It's like Unbreakable, but for other people and instantaneous. If you are the last survivor left because of troll/dc survivors, the perk is useless, but if you have a good team and know how to use it and when, then is is really powerful.

Dead Dawg Saloon is a very range-friendly map. If there were bigger pallet loops and more buildings it would be better. Though is does bring in new mechanics, those are kinda useless. Breakable walls are just doorways that are created by giving the killer blood-points. The generator spawns also need to be spread out more.

Honestly, the only reason I actually like the map is because of how open it is (I'm a Huntress main), and because of the cactus.

• PapiQuentin_

Yeah I agree with you there. Not about his chapter being the worst but how he's a "chapter" when he's actually basically a paragraph

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Yeah, that's mainly why I think he's not the best because he's listed as a chapter yet he's a standalone killer so he should really be a paragraph. But I don't hate the character, power or perks of the killer himself, just the idea of it being a "chapter".

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I dont like the western style theme about the dlc. A cowboy is boring aswell as Killer, zarina doesnt look that great thought imp. But Deathslinger is very fun and has a very cool mechanic, his hitbox is very precise, even abit too much.. and this Killer is overall balanced.

Zarina perks are honestly boring, only red hering seems funny but thats it. The perks of the deathslinger seems to be too weak and underwhelming. Gearhead has a way too short duration for its requirement. Dead mans switch has way too many requirements for such a minor effect. Only Hex: Retribution seems decent.

Overall its just a decent DLC but imo its totatlly okey. The devs cant always make a flawless insane chapter like with Oni, Spirit or Plague.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Map isn't part of the DLC btw, that's part of the chapter.

As for worst DLC i've bought, i gotta go with Bloodstained Sack.

I got it for the blue jacket & hat on Hillbilly, but now he's got at least 1 chest piece i like way more.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I disagree with this, his 13-1 record against me proves it.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

I’ve won almost all games against him so my record proves it lol

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Every DLC since Myers' (barring the Clown's) has been "the worst in DBD history".

• PapiQuentin_

I've also won more against Freddy, Doctor, Billy and Demogorgon.

So just because of my experiences that means they're bad :^)

Please stop with the "I've won more so they're bad" mindset

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Legion, by far. Legion is a prime example of lack of creativity. So many possibilities and instead we got some angsty youngsters running around with knives stabbing people. Yep, great - good call. I still don't know how any of them pick up a survivor with one hand. They should have a drag emote where they have to drag them to a hook and ask them to jump up on it.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

i Was trying to prove how stupid of a argument it was lol I’m not actually being serious but I do think he is the worst killer in the game

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

I doesn't surprise me.. there is people here in the forums that says that leatherface is op, so... Survivor mains never changes..

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited March 2020

-Halloween added to the game the most game-breaking perk in the history of the game. Also, one of the maps which is most prone to being abused with specific perks thanks to its hideous design and geometry.

-Of flesh and mud added to the game the concept of removable perks.

-Left behind added to the game two of the most obnoxious and problematic perks in the history of this game.

-Spark of madness added to the game a hideous map and a completely unnecessary speed boost perk that, for a while, could be stacked with others.

-A lullaby for the dark added to the game a horrible map and a very problematic perk in terms of abusing to exploit the maps' geometry.

-Leatherface added to the game and extremely questionable map.

-A nightmare on Elm Street added to the game a map that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...).

-Saw added a shoddily designed map that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...). It also made, even if just for a while, flashlight and pallet-saves even more braindead easy to perform than they already were.

-Shattered bloodline added a hideously designed map, that is also conveniently fit for Blendettes, and a busted perk to make that other, specific, already unbelievably overpowered, perk, even more unbearable.

-Darkness among us added to the game a detestable map and several, completely unnecessary, nerfs to a category of perks that was already laughable as it was before the update.

-Demise of the fateful brought in the game yet another hideous map and a perk that renders interacting with environment potentially dangerous for a specific side.

-Ash V the evil dead added to the game two potentially problematic perks and one that was even more broken and busted than that other perk that was added with the Halloween update.

-Stranger things threw into this mess yet another horrendous map, that was, and still is, broken in many ways (fat-shaming spots, dead zones for the Nurse, etc...).

-Cursed legacy added two other potentially problematic perks.

-Chains of hate added to the pile yet another detestable map and three questionable perks, one of which re-adds to the game a broken element that was acknowledged as such by the developers themselves and thus removed in a previous update.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

If we are talking about long term effects, then lets look at the long term effect of Darkness Among Is as well:

- The engine update that screwed the game, and still does even to this day. Infinite loading screens? They started because of that update.

- Unnecessary BT buff. Still encouraging bad behaviour even to this day.

- Graphical downgrade (related to the first post)

As much as you meme about Spirit not having counterplay or whatever, Darkness Among Us, much in long and short term effects, sucked ass.

• PapiQuentin_

I disagree but that's a discussion we can leave in a different thread :^)

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

The killer's design is interesting and very unique.

I'd like you to compare The Deathsligner to The Legion and decide which one is worse from various angles.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

My least favorite chapter was the One chapter.

I can't stand playing as him. His map gives me nightmares. I use none of the perks from either side. Only positive for me is Yui has some good cosmetics.

This is the only chapter i didn't spend real money on.

I like deathslinger and for some reason have amazing luck with Zarina. I even like legion better than oni.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Dude, don't hate on fat Jesus. Nothing "lackluster" about him.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Except he's not. And there's no such thing as a stupid argument, just agree to disagree like a reasonable person. Thanks.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I love Dead Dog Saloon personally. The Killer is mediocre and the perks are god-awful though, so I'm definitely avoiding this DLC.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

It's easy to patrol gens on, it's a little bigger than the Chapel, which is the perfect map size. Smaller maps are better.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I love the Legion but Darkness Among Us was the worst chapter.

The concept of the legion.

Even though I personally think this is stupid and the community jumping to conclusions. Lots of people were annoyed at the theme of the Killer instead of being a killer with split personality or people fused into one.

It's literally just four random separate teenage friends with an edge complex.

Legion gameplay.

Initial Legion was very weak but incredibly broken at the same time.

Not broken in terms of being strong of a broken in terms of having absolutely no counterplay.

If Legion was chasing you, you were going to go down no matter what your skill level you can probably distract them for 5 minutes but ya still were going down just because of how the power work.

Essentially they managed to do the impossible of having an incredibly underpowered and weak killer be absolutely broken at the same time.

Map

Mount Ormond I don't have to even begin to explain how much of a travesty this map is. I love it based on design I like snow Maps but gameplay wise it's awful.

Jeff.

With the exception of Adam the most forgettable survivor in the game.

His perks are very meh

His design is meh

Backstory.

Both legion and Jeff had pretty standard backstories with some interesting elements here and there but nothing special.

Legion have an interesting dynamic and their backstory but besides Frank the others aren't really fleshed out that much debatably Susie is probably the next most fleshed out. (I can't really blame them too much they had to flesh out four different characters so I am curious on how they will handle their archives)

Jeff is pretty standard nothing honestly too special

Fated Encounter.

I get it this is the first time it happened that the killer and the survivor have a genuine confirmed connection.

( It's not location-based like Nea and Nurse, inspiration based like Feng Min and doctor)

But Jeff and most likely just Frank having one encounter is not all that special are positive but not enough to bring the backstory to top tier levels.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Scary cowboy DLC only offered a reasonable survivor perk but wasn't good unfortunately

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

I mean Fraklin's are KO are perfectly usable perks, less swf comes into play.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Legion was falsely marketed

that alone makes it the worst by default

not to mention how long it took to fix him

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited March 2020

Nah Hex Retribution has provied so much cover, especially if you use it with Haunted Ground, His other 2 perks aren't the greatest though.

and yes it applies mend because if the survivor breaks it, the death slinger is stunned. He has his Unique music and what not, i personally think he's cool.