Is demogorgon bad?

Options

hi guys

my next killer to learn is demogorgon. I play 70% survivor and 30% killer. I am a bit concerned about demogorgon, because whenever i play survivor its very rare to play agsinst him. Also when i watch streamers on twitch i never see anybody playing him. Does this mean he is a bad killer?

Comments

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416
    Options

No just very hard it’s kinda like how nurse is still the best killer but nobody plays her because of how hard she is

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Options

No, Demo is the goodest boy.

But in all seriousness, I think it's just about finding the right build that works for him. He is very loud as a killer (you can hear him teleporting through the upside down) and he also stomps, so I don't know if that's something that may make him less played. I personally love going against Demogorgons because I just love him! He can take a little figuring out to get his mechanics timed right (like the difference hold times between a regular swing, a lunge, and the shred attack) and finagling his portals, but I've seen games where combined with the right perks, he can be VERY scary to go against. Feels like just with any other killer, finding that build that you like best on him is best!

If possible, see if you can get a couple friends to do a custom game with you while you work on understanding his powers and such before you take him into a game. It could help!

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

No, In my opinion he's the most balanced Killer in the game, he does have a bit of everything, He does have map pressure, Shred to help him in a chase, stealth for a few seconds after teleporting, the only thing he's missing is an insta down ability.

I don't know why people don't play him that much, but I do, and I think he's the best Killer BHVR has done in a long time.

• escape_plan
    escape_plan Member Posts: 104
    Options

Why hard? I agree nurse its hard on console (ps4)...

i only tried 2 games with demogorgon but i dont see how its hard to play him? His attacks are pretty simple... you mean its hard to teleport?

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

I'm in the same boat as you.

Definitely a solid killer, but not one that'll let you automatically win by picking them.

• escape_plan
    Options

When i place all portals can i just continue to place them (oldest will be cancelled like hags trap)?

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

No, Survivors needs to Destroy them, then they will be placed back again in your inventory.

So if you place all portals, and Survivors decide to not destroy any, you will be stuck with 0 portals to place and need to use only the ones you already placed.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited March 2020
    Options

No, you'll only have a certain number of portals to put down. Portals can be refunded once they are broken by survivors, so you'll have to keep that in mind. It's always nice to keep at least one portal just in case.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Demo is quite average. His portals are the problem imo since they require setup, can be destroyed, and you let everyone know when you use one.

Also Demo's add-ons are underwhelming. Too many apply to the portals and not the leap attack.

There are just better Killers to play.

• escape_plan
    Options

Basically its better to place the portals when 2 gens are done... so 5 gens left and 5 portals available?

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

He is quite decent for a M1 killer, but Freddy is better.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

What are you saying? that's total bs!. the nurse before the nerfs was a very balanced killer. fun to play as and against. and everyone enjoyed her. actually an ez killer for swfs.

and then survivor mains started crying and the baby rank 20 devs obeyed them and nerfed her to the ground. now she's unplayable. her add-ons are useless all of them. her ability is useless. you literally get punished for blinking. which is something you have to do. and on top of that. she's the slowest killer in the game. seriously. THE SLOWEST KILLER IN THE GAME. literally. you can just hold W and win against her. you don't even need to counter her and learn how to play against her because of how weak she is right now. she's a joke. even rank 20 survivors can win against her.

nobody is playing her because she's very weak and no one loves getting bullied and punished constantly for using your ability!. even legion is better than her!. at least they can injure survivors. nurse can't do anything!

/s

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

No.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I only know of one streamer that plays Demo frequently and that is Bronx. No idea if he has a YouTube channel but he plays Demo really damn well.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

No, he's just hard to master. You have to understand where to place portals and when to use your Shred for an attack or to fake out the Survivor.

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416
    Options

Like I said she requires a lot of skill which is why nobody plays her anyone can see she’s still the best killer

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited March 2020
    Options

I'm doing bad with Demo, but it's because he takes some practice and I have not invested enough time in him/it? I do think he is pretty good but many struggles with demo I can see that when playing survivor also.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I think Demo is pretty weak. Shred is high risk/low reward. The portals are nice, but survivors can destroy them. Really depends on what rank you're trying to play at though. The killers are all pretty balanced until you get to red.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    Options

Demogorgon is pretty mid-lowish in my opinion.

He does not do so great in chase. His Shred can threaten some loops setup, but is pretty useless in many others. Also if you miss it, you lose a lot of ground, and its pretty easy to dodge if you expect it. You get more value out of Shred as a threat, to force survivor to swerve instead of running straight rather than actually landing the attack.

To get anything done with the Demogorgon you really have to use his portals, but they are such slow, clunky, inconvenient things to use. They have all theses mechanics tied to them that are complelty irrelevant 99% of games. Who gives a damn about being Oblivious for the few seconds it take to close a portal ? What is the point of being undetectable for 2 seconds on a killer that give huge map wide sound cues and has such loud footsteps ? What is the point of Killer Instinct with such a laughably short range that you have to stick portals right on top of gen for it to be of any use ?

And should we even mention his add-ons ? Some of them would be interesting if they didn't have such small numbers and weak effects. Demo isn't add-on dependent at all because all of them are crap.

Anyway, you can get some value out of the crappy portals, provided the survivors are kind enough to leave you some time to place enough of them around the map. Its a lot of work and you have to manage your time very carefully. But if you can be all over the map you can get some ground on the survivors. If you are willing to put so much effort in a game that is supposed to be enjoyable. And as the generators pace goes, if you make a single mistake the survivors are probably going to run away with the game.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    Options

His shred is bloody amazing when you learn it, the shred will close down chases so fast and you can make survivors throw pallets early. Really the only thing bad about his shred is destroying pallets with him isn't faster for some reason

His portals however are absolute garbage very situational and they aren't even good at what they do. The portals only become some what good with addons. Doesn't help that undetectable is useless on him when you have a loud af footsteps and the survivors get a map wide noise when you teleport.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

Check out Bronx on twitch. He’s an awesome Demo.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623
    Options

Demogorgon is a jack-of-all-trades killer, he's got a little bit of everything when it comes to his power and stats, he just doesn't excel at any one particular thing, but he isn't super weak at anything either

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited March 2020
    Options

i made a whole post about it,a few actually it's bad and i want it to be a tad better