No progression for KyF and nonsense Matchmaking

I attempted to snipe friend in Dead By Daylight to play against them, we tried for like 10mins and i never worked so we just 4 stacked survivor. I thought it was because my killer rank was lower than our Survivor rank, (My Killer rnk-17, Survivor rnks- 13-9-9) and tht is my we couldn't match while living in the same city and queuing together... until i starter getting the most insane Survivors ever.

I got 2 kills but it was insane, at the endgame screen the rnks were 8-6-6-4, then the very next game i get 0 kills and the rnks were 4-3-3-2. at Killer rank 17-15 i can get matched against a lvl 2 but not friends.

i don't want a ranked KyF, just progress-able, remove challenges, rift progression and others but playing in a private lobby is fun until yo realize the last 3 hrs were meaningless because you gained no blood-points.

if receiving blood-points in KyF is a bad idea cool ill concede tht then i need to know why in a rank only game I'm more likely to play against someone 15 lvls higher than me than i am to play against friend tht are max 8 ahead?

Comments

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Kyf points would let people farm pretty easy...

That would flood alot of perks into the game witch isnt bad I'd be ok with just thay

But imagine every game. You play is filled with ultra rares in every slot, with a mori on top. Every. Single. Game.

That's why farming is bad. It's why people cant be trusted with bp in kyf

Otherwise I'd be all for it.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited March 2020

My friends and family were talking about this. If they put a progression on KYF, we would never play online with this toxic community again and would likely but more of the cosmetics. Of my 20 or so friends and family I recruited to the game, less than 3 still play. The toxic play is by far the #1 reason with all of them followed by the distant #2, the grind.

Make KYF just like normal, but no achievements and no crossover. Let friends play and progress. All that will be left in regular mode is the toxic azzhats. Let them have it.

Edit: @emptyCups , just don't let the BP and characters cross over into the regular servers. Let the data be saved on their computer and it is like a private server. Heck, let people pay for private servers!

• magmamuncher
    magmamuncher Member Posts: 20

They should make it so you get an extremely low amount of the bp you earned in the kyf. Something like 5-10%.

That way you at least get something back and grinding in kyf would be meaningless as you would get way more for grinding in normal games.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

I think sWFs should work the same way.. Uh-oh... (Puts on bulletproof vest and bulletproof Trump hairpiece).

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

If there's anything the bullshit SWF arguement of "why punish people for playing together" should apply to, it's KYF. It's the most utterly ridiculous double standard to have SWF which introduces toxicity on the most extreme levels be able to gain bloodpoints, but KYF where you can garuntee that you enjoy yourself be pointless.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

If you play kyf you have all the perks unlocked on every character and all the items/add-ons. You don't need progression to play kyf

• Carisma1005
    Carisma1005 Member Posts: 17

yeah, tht is a very good reason against KyF tht i haven't found an argument against, every single player having god loadouts regardless of skill would negatively affect the overall experience.

the only real idea would be separate progression which would splinter the player base and tht could be good or bad. i don't know maybe the threat tht at anytime a moderator can review a game if they feel it is inorganic and Farm lobbies could be met with punishment maybe. do like CS:GO, allow trusted community members to review suspect lobbies and give it a "Pass-IDK-Boosting" Rating? thts my guess to a solution.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

God roll loadouts would be fine. It really doesn't take much to get what you want if you focus a single character.

It's the god items that would be a problem. Personally I'd run brand new part and irr hatches every game