"I Payed Money!" Is Not An Excuse

Options
2»

Comments

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

I feel like I'm close on that one:

I own all (yes even re-colors), of Kates, Janes, and Fengs cosmetics. I also own a bunch of different numbers on almost every other character, even killers, but those three are the only ones where I own every single cosmetic.

I spend way too much money on this game lmao.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I also payed money, and more than them. Doesn't that mean that my opinion is more valid than theirs? Also, why should I get deleted out of a game when I payed money to play too?

This is the problem with this argument. I payed to play, not sit at a lobby because somebody else is a jerk to me. Especially when I don't abuse the system.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    Options

Your sense of entitlement is highly amusing - I can only assume that you're really committed to this trolling.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

It's because that's how games function sometimes. Like in League of Legends or Overwatch, two of the most popular games I could think of, both have death timers. If people don't want to play easy then it's just something that happens.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

It’s not a sense of entitlement. It’s just not fun playing survivor. Why should people play the game against you watching a progress bar OVER and OVER and OVER and stare at themselves on a hook OVER and OVER and OVER while you camp hooks with all the abilities that you have? Or run around with ebony Mori’s that delete people after getting found just once? The point is, killers have way too much control over letting people play. And that’s not right for them. I’m not saying I gotta survive every damn game, because quite frankly I don’t care. As long as I got to help my team out a bit, loot some chests, evade, play some games with the killer, whatever. But if I can literally spawn in, get smashed into the ground hooked and Mori’d within the first minute of the game I’d rather not play it either. There’s a problem there. Design your game a bit better so that doesn’t happen and if it’s gen speed you have a problem with then slow that down. I literally don’t care. As long as it felt WORTH IT to queue up for a match. Don’t kick me out with 2-5K blood points. It’s dumb. Survivors can’t spawn in and insta complete all generators can they? Do killers really have that hard of a time controlling the map? NO they don’t. There are killers/builds that give you plenty of information to find new targets and get kills the legit way. Mori’s just don’t need to be there. Killers should be able to get ran on like survivors do.

• Raccoon
    Options

Deleting survivors is the ultimate high, I'm not gonna lie.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

Then you should considering deleting your account of that's how you're gonna be.

It's not entitlement to say stop being a jerk so people will continue playing. It's logic and reasonable.

• Raccoon
    Options

Yes - I'll delete my account because I complete the killer objective.

That totally seems like it's coming from a place of "logic and reason."

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

You ever get so frustrated at the world for things out of your control that you occasionally lash out at others? All I have lately is work and video games. And I can't play some video games because of people like you who'll camp and tunnel me out of the game because it's "fun for them".

As for my second point, I have laid out my logic in several threads about tunnelling and camping.

People get frustrated going against it, they stop playing. Other people can't get matches, they stop playing. Nobody is left to play, game dies. You follow?

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    Options

behavior?

if im allowed to tunnel and camp, i can tunnel and camp. who gives you the right to tell others how to play the game.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

I'm not discussing behaviours here. I'm saying stop using the dumbest excuse to justify it.

Read. The. Opening. Statement. Again.

• Raccoon
    Options

In the interest of civility, I won't be addressing your first point.

With regards to your second point, the game is currently BOOMing.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

And how many of those are alt/smurf accounts? I can tell you that 3 of them are mine, I have a brother with something like 5 accounts and know others with alt accounts. This is also just on Xbox. These stats mean nothing in that regard. It also won't stay that way for long when all that happens now is you get tunnelled or camped out of a game for 20 straight matches.

• Raccoon
    Options

Those are people logged in at once/simultaneously, so unless you're an octopus with 8 PC's, they do "mean something."

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

Ok, cool. So the game has some popularity right now.

You know what game had a similar trend before crashing into the dirt? Overwatch. Bad developments and a repetition of poor gameplay decisions have made that game a shell of what it was, and I feel that DbD will follow in it's footsteps if we all keep going the way we're going.

• Raccoon
    Options

Weird, I thought that Overwatch had recently had a resurgence in popularity due to 2-2-2 and the recent weekly rotations (if we're going by twitch streams/forums/queue times - no official numbers exist).

Either way, nice strawman, lol.

"Apples may be doing great this year, but oranges have bottomed out! Beware!"

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

An entire thread about how killers shouldnt be able to play the game outside what survivors want them to do because there are 4 times as many survivors as killers. And the crazy amount of people who agree that killers shouldnt be allowed to play the game how they want because its unfun for the survivors. At this rate just ask BHVR to make killer bots that follow the rules of.

1. Must hook all players once before attempting 2nd hook.

2. Must always pick up survivor and take every ability they have, eat every DS and Head On, giving the survivor time to do it.

3. Killer bots can never use mori.

4. Killer bots arent allowed to chase too hard because thats tunneling and mean.

5. Killer bots must give survivors 30 seconds of setup time before they start hunting people down.

6. Killer bots will always give the survivors the last hatch.

7. Killer bots cant be allowed to use perks that are "unfun."

8. Killer bots are not allowed to use unfair powers. Hags teleporting, freddies teleporting, any character that has an instadown ability.

9. Killer bots are not allowed to use addons.

Any others im forgetting?

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    Options

Sometimes camping is a valid strategy like when all gens have popped, and sometimes tunneling is is a valid strategy because killing someone is my objective.

but what am i doing, i dont even have to justify myself to some random person. If i feel frustrated and takes out out on a guy hooked on a hook then thats my deal.

dont flashlight pip me then and teabag.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

it gets frustrating, it isn't the best game to play to win. play for fun!

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

I'm not telling you how to play. I'm saying to not use this terrible excuse as the existance of other players makes it an invalid argument.

How is that is hard for people to understand?

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372
    Options

Lol I am a purple rank killer who constantly faces red ranks. And I've never tunneled or camped and still get mostly 3k games. I've even made the majority of the friends I play with as their killer because I killed them but I was FAIR and not an as hole about it. I didnt tunnel, I didnt camp. I didnt even mori off 1st hook. And they've told me how much they respect me as a killer. Some people are just trash and only like to ruin the survivors experience or just suck and only know how to get kills by camping and tunneling. Maybe one day the devs will punish those strats more. I'm glad camping makes you lose emblem points and moris give you less points. It's how it should be.

• nicnc82
    Options

Yep and killers should suck it yo that survivors will still "gen rush" and use all the second chance perks and keys. Stop being little cry babies

• nicnc82
    Options

Your hatred towards survivors is so clear. I think you need to grow up and get over it that survivors will always have the "2nd chance" perks and they are there for a reason. As long as killers are allowed to camp and tunnel dang right survivors should have all their 2nd chance perks. And I'm a rank 4 killer. Doesn't bother me.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

I can certainly support this playstyle. I also try to play as fair as possible. But surely you as a higher rank killer can understand when and why these tactics are used from time to time.

Also what killers do you use where you never have to tunnel. Are you playing Clown in red ranks or the big four?

I have stated before that you can maintain purple ranks playing by the " survivor rulebook" which I also try to do.

However maintaining red ranks, specifically 1to3 may require a bit less fun tactics.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

If you are referring to the " I payed money so i can" excuse, then in that case I apologize, it came of dofferently to me. In that case i agree

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800
    Options

I payed with time tho...

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

Thank you.

Now I just need about 70% of the other commentators on this thread to be as reasonable as you.

• Dahliasdollie
    Dahliasdollie Member Posts: 46
    Options

i'v been waiting for this. You literally just made an excuse for why you're not in red ranks?? 😂 "Im WoRkInG So MuCh BeCaUsE oF tHiS CoViD - 19" you post basically on every post that goes against killers yet you are WoRkIng? You're really starting to act like a man child. We all have hobbies, jobs, school and families needs to take care of so dont use the excuse that you're WoRkInG because we all are yet we made it to red ranks. So heres what you should do, stop wasting time on the forms and actually put all that time into killer so you can get into red ranks

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,098
    Options

You need to calm down and try another game if it get you to this type of situation. Take a break

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

Yes. I'm posting during my breaks, and before/after sleep. Is it that hard to figure out?

I'm doing triple of what I normally do, and trying to deal with enough panic and vitriol as it is, so why don't you just BACK OFF, huh?

As for the "against killers" thread remark, it's 3 of them , and regarding tunnelling. One of which is MINE.

I now have less time to myself than before, had my killer rank lowered to 17 because I'm grinding Survivor Archives and play generally speaking weaker killers. So you can understand why I would be hesitatant to try to grind up for a rank I do not wish to reach after doing so on Survivor, and hating it.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Hey I believe as long as I see my team doing gens while I’m sitting there on a hook the whole game I’m okay with it. It’s kinda like a POP (gen) “look whos laughing now” - I say to the killer as I’m in struggle phase. POP (gen) POP(another gen) POP (another gen). “You better go do something about that ‘killer’!” - i say as the darkness surrounds me reaching the end of struggle phase. POP (gen) BEEP (gates powered) “uh oh, you’re in trouble they’re getting away, You gonna do something about that? Oh no? Okay...”

my team gets out unscathed. Cool.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options
  • Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

This is just stupid. Idc what you wear if you're a good teammate.

• Raccoon
    Options

So what you're saying is that you can play/do what you want, depending on your mood, so long as it is within the rules/TOS?

A FOOLISH NOTION WORTHY OF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE /S

• Raccoon
    Options

Also, the game is at 2/3 of its all time peak on a weekday (I'd imagine due to current world situations, but numbers are numbers).

Game is dying because some guy/gal got tunneled :(

• Raccoon
    Options

Killer is definitely harder on console, due to the lack of KB/M.

• nicnc82
    Options

Nah I don't play clown at all. I just dont like him. I play Spirti, Pig but my main is Freddy and actually Mikey. I use rare add ons many times. I mean if its end game and I havent gotten a kill, I may patrol the whole area of the hook because I know the team will more than likely come back for their friend but I don't stay right at the hook. If I come back to the hook and see the one who was rescued and the on who rescued, I'll knock down the one who was unhooked and go for the unhooker. Forcing others to come pick up their teammate. Now if I go back and you have been rescued and haven't gone away from the hook and I dont see anyone else the yes i will most likely hook you again.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

Depends on the killer. Nurse and Huntress? Yes. Hillbilly? No flicks, but still most common of the poweful killers. Spirit? Nope. She's fine.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

I dont know why there are so many topics and discussions like that. Why do you even have to justifiy? I tunnel and camp if I need to to apply the most pressure and play most efficiant as Killer. No reason for any justification, you chosed to play Killer and you are supposed to kill your enemies, why is no one so desperate to justify at call of duty of killing someone? Or in Lol or many other games... I dont get this, imo this entire topic is just nonsense to make such a big deal out of it.

*This message is not only to op and to his own post what he wrote*

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

It's not about what you're doing, but the obviously BS justification for it and the abserd double standard that comes with said excuse.

You say "I can pay how I want, I payed money" to which I respond "So did I, and I CAN'T play at all with that 'tactic' so don't give me that excuse".

It is only about terrible justification and stupid reasoning. If people just admitted that they're just horrible people, ore have zero skill when they did this, then I wouldn't have made this post.

• BenZ0
    edited March 2020
    Options

I agree kinda with you and I can understand what you mean. But in the other hand, why is someone bad because he tunnels or camps? As I said, for example I do these 2 thinks because they are the best option to get kills or apply pressure if the specific situation is the best play. This doesnt make me automaticly a bad Killer. You have to see that in that way, if you know when to do this to get the maximum kill efficiancy out of it then you are even a good Killer. If you just facecamp or tunnel braindead from the start of the match then yes this Killer is bad, but there are different reasons when tunneling or camping is a good and smart play and when not.

Maybe I just understood you wrong, if that is the case then I am sorry.

• PigMainClaudette
    Options

Yeah. I'm talking about the braindead face-camping or the permanently in Kindred "patrolling" camping and mindless tunnelling, eating BT and DS if they have it just to get kills at any point in the match, not just the end.

There are tactical ways of doing it, such as making your STBFL Obsession on death hook from the start, or when you BBq and nobody appears, but those people don't use this excuse and nor should they.

• BenZ0
    Options
  • DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

I want to spend nothing on this game, but some things are just too tempting.