Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BBQ and No Skill

rita_book
rita_book Member Posts: 43
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

BBQ and Chili is completely out of hand and overpowered. I am going endless waves of matches against killers ALL of whom take it. THEN, survivors getting lucky if we even get ONE generator down.

The reading aura portion of the perk is absurd and should be removed. The aura reading after a hook creates a snow ball effect for the next hook, eventually leading to a win for the killer.

It is also completely unaballanced. One perk should not instantly lead to 4 kills and zero generators.

Post edited by rita_book on

Comments

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337

I would understand this post if killers were op and can kill survivors instantly once they find them.. but luckily dbd isn’t like that. Even if the killer finds you, it’s not the end of the world. Just loop them. This way the game is so much fun and challenging for both sides.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

are you ok?

killer camps? bad (agree)

killer is tunneling? bad (agree)

killer is leaving hook? and you call it bad????? are you ok buddy?

bbq has a lot of counterplay if you dont want to be seen, but if you do that you may convince killer "every surv is nearby, time to camp" xd

i may agree bbq with killers that has high mobility is strong, but w/e its still better than being camped/tunneled xd

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

There's something hilariously ironic about a guy with a Dwight Avatar not knowing how to counter BBQ and Chili, when his natural habitat of a locker does exactly that.

I've actually played against you, the name was unique for some reason, and yeah, I could see why you think it's OP. Admittedly I was on Freddy, and on him it is VERY strong cause teleport.

But you know what, no need to be petty here, I'll do you a solid.

How to counter BBQ and Chili in three easy steps.

1. When you see someone get hooked and picked up, get in a locker, you're a Dwight, this should be second nature to you.
    2. When you see someone get hooked you start moving for four seconds in one direction, stop, and then go in the other direction. Killer will only have seen the aura for four seconds and will assume you are still moving in the same direction.
    3. Don't be working on a generator when the person is hooked, or if you are, make sure to leave the generator immediately because the killer is heading that way, particularly if they have a regression perk like pop goes the weasel or overcharge as they are looking to use it on a priority generator (i.e. one being worked on).

There you go, I hope this was helpful.

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

locker

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's a good perk that helps you to know where to go next in order to apply good pressure, which is something you really need to do as killer in this game. Gens get repaired fast so wasting time looking for survivors in areas no survivor is is a bad thing for killer.

There are other perks that help with this just as well in different ways, I definitely wouldn't say the perk is op in any way. I believe the only reason it is used more than other good perks that help with applying map pressure is because it also grants the killer player double the amount of Bloodpoints. But I think the perk is completely fine and not op in any way.

You also have counterplay to it, by hiding your aura behind a generator's aura, by going in a locker, which also hides your aura, or by trying to stay within 40 meters range of the killer.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Learn to play, then later you will laugh at this post.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited March 2020

Misconception: Sole Survivor Counters BBQ.

Sole Survivor can counter BBQ, but you have to be insanely lucky with your positing.

BBQ show survivors further than 40 meters from the hooked survivor and Sole Survivor with 2 stacks hides your aura when the killer is within 48 meters to you. With just two stacks, you can afford to be 8 meters off, but most situations it will be extremely unreliable to make use of the 8 additional meters.

Even if you could, the killer could possibly move away from you which increases the distance between you two and will cause Solo Survivor to not hide your aura.

Safe to say, Sole Survivor is basically not a counter to BBQ. I know this because I experiment with different perks and see if they are viable. 😁

To be clear, just saying Sole Survivor doesn't counter BBQ, basically. I'm not saying BBQ is OP or anything!

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356
    edited March 2020

Deleted, double post.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

There are loads of killer perks that are stronger, BBQ has loads of counters, it rewards the killer for doing their job and encourages hooking all survivors and not camping (even if it is a bubba perk).

• Chekita
    Chekita Member Posts: 184
    edited March 2020

If you dont get any generators is because you and/or your group are inexperienced players. Im not saying that to make fun, its a simple fact of this game and the random matchmaking makes it worse.

The reason you cant do gens its not BBQ, but lack of experience in looping killers. When someone or various someones are good in distracting killer you can do all generators in less than 5 minutes. Watch some videos about how to counter BBQ bc its not that difficult and ppl are using it constantly mostly because of points. Indeed its one of the best killer perks, but not invincible.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

That’s what I’ve always said. Give Thrilling the BP bonus instead and BBQ would die.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

I run BBQ for stacks. It also gives me less incentive to tunnel.

The aura reading is mediocre at best.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

G8 B8 M8 8/8

• Kwikwitted

I would adore that, would free up a perk slot for me as I find myself unable to give up the double BP most of the time, particularly during a bloodhunt.

Though to be fair I'm finding myself liking Dead Man's Swtich more and more over thrilling tremors, though thrilling tremors at least works on it's own out of the box, dead man's switch really need Nemesis to be effective constantly.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Don't like it?

1. Get Distortion and stop complaining.
    2. Hide in a locker and stop complaining.
    3. Get behind a generator and stop complaining.
    4. Get near the killer before he hooks someone and stop complaining.
    5. Run one way for 4 seconds and then turn around and run the opposite way to juke the killer, then stop complaining.
    6. Or just go really, really, really far away from the killer and the killer might not even bother going for you because you're too far, and stop complaining aftewards.

BBQ Has Plenty Of Counters.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Counters:

1. Distortion
    2. Lockers
    3. Hide behind a gen's aura
    4. Be within 40 meters of the Killer
    5. Fake out the Killer by going in one direction and then moving the other
    6. Off the Record

Also, if you guys are barely able to get one gen completed every time, then that sounds like you guys just suck at the game.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

BBQ just gives the killer your position if you don't use one of the many mentioned counters that don't even rely on a specific perk AND you're out of 40m range. BP bonus. That's why people use it.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

lol nice bait

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I use bbq n chili for blood points, the aura reading is a plus if ppl don't react to it and even then...if they let me read their auras, i still have to make a choice on what to do based on 3 other players.

• rita_book
    rita_book Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2020

BBQ and Chili is completely out of hand and overpowered. I am going endless waves of matches against killers ALL of whom take it. THEN, survivors getting lucky if we even get ONE generator down.

The reading aura portion of the perk is absurd and should be removed. The aura reading after a hook creates a snow ball effect for the next hook, eventually leading to a win for the killer.

It is also completely unaballanced. One perk should not instantly lead to 4 kills and zero generators.

• Kwikwitted

Now you're resurrecting your own bait? Well that's just lazy.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Mostly I forget to even look around after hooking someone just because I leave bbq on every build for the bps. Every once in a while I actually notice someone running around and I'm like Crap! Do they have ooo???

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

BBQ can be a problem on high mobility killers, and those counters are not helpful as solo surv. Or what would you be doing while your teammates are hooked/instantly being chased? Stay in the locker? And then? Pray for hatch.

distortion is a joke, hiding behind a gen is highly unreliable, getting near the killer is not always possible and can lead to you leaving scratchmarks or even better, being super near and have your aura revealed.

i agree that the aura reading isnt much of a problem on most killers though. And it’s a long time that I experienced a skilled hillbilly. But then again most of my teammates with DS, BT, unbreakable or Adrenalin can’t make anything out of it and make so many mistakes just because of those perks that it benefits the killer.

but I guess complaining about overused situational survivor perks is okay, but never ever complain about an overused situational killer Perk.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Op, BBQ info is terribly strong on certain killers. Be clever in your locker timing and BBQ becomes a non issue in most cases. Just assume Freddy and Billy have it and you will outplay them most of all. Unfortunately, your teammates will be dropping like flies but sometimes they can't be saved.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

that would mean that they need to replace one of their second chance perks. We can't have that now can we?

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Listen, I'm the first to agree with survivor mains that killers are crazy OP and the game is 100% killer-sided. But BBQ and Chili is not overpowered in any way whatsoever. If you really hate it that much take distortion. Then after your 3 tokens are used up start hiding in lockers. If I had to take a guess, you're new-ish to the game (6 months tops) and are still in that phase where you're comfortable moving about and completing objectives but are afraid to loop the killer.

You need to get over that fear. Watch videos of insanely good survivors like Ayrun and Ussylis. See how they move about the map and loop the killer. Once you learn how to loop you'll find BBQ and Chili is only bad news for you when you're the last survivor left.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

K nice bait

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

cringe....

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

I run distortion deliverance deadhard and inner strength and I have no issues

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224

Gonna have to be a lot more subtle with the bait...

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Personally i get more scared if a killer DOESN'T have bbq. That means he most likely has an actual good perk in its place

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Get good. This is getting ridiculous now all you survivor mains seem to do is want killers and n their abilities etc to be destroyed. You are all going force the killers to quit and then good luck finding matches.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Would you like us to put a skill check that is damn near impossible to miss like DS?

Should the devs give survivors a built in distortion?

I know. Let's make the gens repair even faster!

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Hiding in a locker, running one way 4 seconds and turning, behind a gen, distortion, and being close enough?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Pretty sure BBQ is the perk with most counters in the game.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Game is definitely not killer sided if you're a good survivor, but ok.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Bait