Can a killer get the 5th perk?

Vadim239
Vadim239 Member Posts: 217
edited August 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Killers don't seem to be so strong still. I've noticed that most of the time I kill someone due to their mistakes not because killers are stronger. If they don't make stupid mistakes, it is hard to kill a team that gen rushes and pallet loop correctly. With the 5th perk slot there are so many good builds you can make to be stronger and fun to play.

Post edited by Vadim239 on

Comments

• Vadim239
    edited August 2018

The look of five perks can look this way (I know there are survivor perks but imagine killer perks)

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

I think that another perk would be op, maybe some passive perk?

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    BillyIII said:

Killers are already op. No need to make them even stronger.

No they are not op... Even close
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:
    A fifth perk slot for hex perks only would see them used a lot more often.

I actually have an idea for Ruin that'll solve both sides of the problem. I'll post the idea in a different thread shortly.

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    edited August 2018

Yeah this idea is cancelled; thanks anyway though.

• iTacoman
    iTacoman Member Posts: 42

@Vadim239 said:
    Killers don't seem to be so strong still. I've noticed that most of the time I kill someone due to their mistakes not because killers are stronger. If they don't make stupid mistakes, it is hard to kill a team that gen rushes and pallet loop correctly. With the 5th perk slot there are so many good builds you can make to be stronger and fun to play.

idk what game you're playing but i've had numerous killers have zero problems getting at least two kills per match even when looped you're probably just not playing with people at your skill level. Also "gen rushing" isn't a thing. The survivors have one main objective throughout the game and it's to complete generators idk what you're expecting them too do. Just stand around waiting to die? You're not supposed to get four kills every match the devs even said two kills a match is considered balanced.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Good survivors will win 50% of the time. Perfect survivors will win 99% of the time.
    Same for killers.

• Vadim239
    edited August 2018

@iTacoman said:

@Vadim239 said:

idk what game you're playing but i've had numerous killers have zero problems getting at least two kills per match even when looped you're probably just not playing with people at your skill level. Also "gen rushing" isn't a thing. The survivors have one main objective throughout the game and it's to complete generators idk what you're expecting them too do. Just stand around waiting to die? You're not supposed to get four kills every match the devs even said two kills a match is considered balanced.

What I am saying is, not to make only killers stronger by adding the 5th perk slot, but also the survivors a little bit stronger by letting them break all hooks permanently (only when you break a hook for the 2nd time) That, I think, will keep the balance, in some way.
    P.S. Genrush is a thing, Not every survivor repairs a gen during the whole game. Sometimes they hide, crouching for a long time, cleansing the dull totems, even break hooks for whatever reason. They take flashlights and follow the killer, who is chasing a different survivor. They don't all repair.

• Fres0c0
    Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115
    BillyIII said:

You just get mindgamed to easily by killers 
  • Vadim239
    edited August 2018

@Fres0c0 said:
    BillyIII said:

You just get mindgamed to easily by killers 

Exactly. Survivors if know how to play and what to do and when to do it, they are stronger than any killer.

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

The game is just fine with 4 perks, no need to add another perk slot.

• Vadim239

@Maxi605 said:

The game is indeed perfect. No need to do anything or add anything. :)

• Vadim239

@Maxi605 said:

I think there will be some very good builds for killer if we add the 5th one. Like Tanataphobia, Distressing, Clownophobia, Unnerving presence, and something else working with a terror radius

• Maxi605

5 Perks for killer but not for survivors? i don't think so, the devs just woundn't accept it, IF they do it would be for Survivor and Killer and trust me, it wouldn't be fun to play with 5 perks.

• Maxi605

Besides, why would they want to make killers stronger? they might not be perfect but neither are survivors, the problems are that the game isn't beign balanced as it should be, they're adding new stuff but forgeting to balance the things that are allready there, Gen Rush will be a thing untill they actually address it, no other changes like the DS "No Mither" change or the no exhaustion recovery while running will fix it

• Vadim239

@Maxi605 said:
    Besides, why would they want to make killers stronger? they might not be perfect but neither are survivors, the problems are that the game isn't beign balanced as it should be, they're adding new stuff but forgeting to balance the things that are allready there, Gen Rush will be a thing untill they actually address it, no other changes like the DS "No Mither" change or the no exhaustion recovery while running will fix it

Because Killers are weaker now. That's why. The problem is that if survivors are good the killer will most likely kill 2. if anyone at all. BUt if a killer is good, it doesn't mean anything. A good killer here takes advantage of the survivors' mistakes. Killers are not strong.

• Vadim239

No good killer can overcome genrush and palletlooping at the same time.

• Maxi605

@Vadim239 said:

It wouldn't be fun if killer wins every time either, you don't want to be gen rush, control the gens, don't go for infinites loops, there's so many ways to counter gen rushing

• Vadim239

@Maxi605 said:

@Vadim239 said:

It wouldn't be fun if killer wins every time either, you don't want to be gen rush, control the gens, don't go for infinites loops, there's so many ways to counter gen rushing

I am doing this. Trying to protect 3 closest gens with Overcharged 3, Pop goes the weasel 3, and tanataphobia and still they manage to do it.

• Maxi605

@Vadim239 said:

@Maxi605 said:

@Vadim239 said:

I am doing this. Trying to protect 3 closest gens with Overcharged 3, Pop goes the weasel 3, and tanataphobia and still they manage to do it.

I feel you, same, but a 5th perk would be just too OP, my idea to stop gen rushing a bit is to up the repair time of the gens, clearly as it is isn't good

• Vadim239

@Maxi605 said:

@Vadim239 said:

@Maxi605 said:

@Vadim239 said:

I feel you, same, but a 5th perk would be just too OP, my idea to stop gen rushing a bit is to up the repair time of the gens, clearly as it is isn't good

I think that most of the survivors didn't do genrush so much before, but at the recent event, they saw how powerful it is when all the 4 of them repair with toolboxes.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@BillyIII said:

I lost brain cells from reading that...

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    maybe they could do 4 perks and a dedicated hex slot
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    maybe they could do 4 perks and a dedicated hex slot
    But then I guess they'd have to make the dedicated hex slot ONLY hex perks but allow the "regular perk slots" to equip hex perks. Otherwise you'd be choosing ruin and not be able to use other hexs
  • Javierdbd
    Javierdbd Member Posts: 8

The thing is that killer already have a 5th perk : it's their power 8-)

• jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200

Are you aware that if killers would ever get the 5th slot, so will the survivors, right?

• Vadim239

@jiminie said:
    Are you aware that if killers would ever get the 5th slot, so will the survivors, right?

How so? If we count right, there are 16 perks against 4 now.

• jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200

@Vadim239 said:

@jiminie said:

It's common sense, don't you think survivors will also ask for the 5th?

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    killers should have a slot dedicated to hexes imo
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Vadim239 said:

The look of five perks can look this way (I know there are survivor perks but imagine killer perks)

do you really need a extra crutch perk to kill 4 survivors. i am a survivor main that has barely levels up my killers and can easily kill all 4 survivors at rank 6 with only level one perks

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Vadim239 said:

@jiminie said:

not unless your in swf if another survivor brings adrenaline and im being chased at the end of the game does it bring me to full state? no so stop complaining and saying survivors have 16 perks no we dont. even if i was in swf i still only have 4 perks not 16 i only have 4 perk slots unlocked were is this other 12 i dont see?