Yamaoka maps...

I think the 2 maps should be brightened a bit, I have a lot of trouble seeing on those maps as killer and it is torture going against 4 Claudettes cause all they do is hide and I feel like if they brighten the maps it will be easier to see them.

Comments

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

It's fine as is. The only place it's impossible to see survivors is the new map's bushes. Everywhere else you can see a survivor whether they are a p3 or not. The third person camera is a far bigger culprit of not being able to spot a survivor than a blendette.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Yamoaka maps are hell as killer

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

No I mean survivors got a huge advantage with the TPP camera since you can hide without having to reveal yourself. Even if killer had TPP that wouldn't be fixable. It'd just make it so killers could exploit the camera.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Yamoaka is terrible as killer. Wrath is just too dark. I'm not saying Old Lerrys level of brightness, but come on. Almost any character in almost any outfit can simply disappear in those reeds.

• DurkaDurka
    DurkaDurka Member Posts: 29

Agreed.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

I'm in protest of the Yamaoka maps; I don't participate in them as killer or survivor. I am not sorry about that in the least, those maps are absolute garbage.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I don't think the stealth potential of those maps should be weakened. I just think Familiy Residence needs to be made smaller, and both maps should have less safe pallets and more mindgameable ones as well as a higher pallet density, but that's it.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I have no idea how people can defend the darkness of Yamaoka. The map was darkened when Oni was released and I have no idea why it was darkened so much. Some parts of the map are pitch black and very hard to see. It’s not stealth potential on this map, it’s just hide in a bush and hope the killer doesn’t see you....that isn’t stealth. I run into logs and bamboo that I can’t even see until it’s in my face or my character stops moving and I look down and see a log at my feet.

The map was perfectly fine with the brightness was when Spirit was released.

Yamaoka was already my least favorite map but the darkness makes it unbearable. It’s a dread for me to play on.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Yamaoka is bullshit. Killers need a damn flashlight! Lol

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406

I played as wraith the other day and the survivors had spine chill so they'd disappear into the map and I literally never found them. Lost 3 gens and DCed cause I was bored af lol.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I personally hate them as the survivor. Idk why, but they remind me of the shelter woods map where there is completely nothing.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Yeah, the Yamoaka maps sucks. Pooely designed, poorly lit....

They look great tho, and are slightly less frustrating if you play Trapper, but whoever came up with the map layout for the Yamoaka maps ought to have their head examined.