Green Perk Tied to Characters

Options

So, I dunno if this has been said before but like I said in the title, I think that Survivors and Killers should have their basic perk (The green one) tied to them, for example: Claudette always having Empathy activated, but a very nerfed version of it to not make it OP and the same with the other characters and the green perks because survivors are just skins... Once you unlock every perk of a survivor and you put them on your favorite character... That's it, the other survivor it's useless but all killers have their own ability that makes them special, this idea goes mostly for survivors but it could be implemented on killers to make it fair I guess, or you could do that to survivors and buff the green perk of the killers and make them purple or something... Just and idea to make survivors more unique and not just skins.

Comments

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

Then one survivor gets perk that makes them run 1% faster and now you see only this survivor.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    Options

Features like this are generally "locked in" when a game launches and won't ever be changed.

If you implemented this, how many Survivor mains would (rightfully) come to the forums and complain that now, they can't play the character they like, quite probably a character they bought, because they're being handicapped by a Perk they dislike?

Yes, Survivors are essentially skins, but if people invest into skins, pulling the rug out from under them and implementing gameplay changes to them causes huge unnecessary discord.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

I have thought about using a "passive" bonus tied to a character, but that'd have it's own balancing issues.

Survivors also get items to replace the slot for the killer's power. A killer's power also dictates the playstyle of said killer.

• SurviveTheNight
    SurviveTheNight Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yeah I didn't really thought about that lmao makes sense

• Pez
    Pez Member Posts: 17
    Options

I have to disagree with (parts) of this. Certain killers are very flexible to suit a certain playstyle, for example, wraith can play different each match depending on addons or billy can choose to play differently based on the way he wants to play, while a killer like bubba is pretty one sided. I also agree with the fact that survivors shouldn't have these passive balances. Imagine a Jake having built in Iron Will, DS, Adreniline, Balanced Landing, Prove Thyself, and a key.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

How about quests like Bubba has his face skins to unlock? Each Survivor gets a trainable passive perk quest to unlock a single perk. Or lorewise, let it not be a perk but a unique charm, that can only be equipped once to a single survivor. Once equipped, you cannot unequip it anymore and you cannot equip a second unique charm.

Maybe you could think about unequipping them at rank reset or when a new chapter (ie a new unique charm) is released.

• Eyedice
    Eyedice Member Posts: 14
    Options

I have also thought of something along the lines of what you're saying, because having a survivor main sometimes gets boring, but the same could be said the other way around. You like a perk power but it's tied to a survivor skin that you may or may not like, and you stick to a certain survivor anyways.

Honestly, if you want survivors to be more than skins, you can just play each character using only their perks and general perks. I do that when I get bored of my main, so if I want to use a certain perk, I'll chose the character it came with and work on a build around their unique perks, some of those perks I might not like, so I adjust with general perks. This way I have a different play style and strategy for each character and makes it more dynamic I guess. And you can just go back to your fave survivor and equip whatever perks you want as well.