Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can We Get A Rift Extension?

2»

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The next Rift won't start for at least a month. Extending this one a couple days wouldn't affect it at all and give you something else to do in the game.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

wait what.. if i don't remember wrong, after the first rift the next one started almost immediately? if the new rift doesn't release soon i'll be disappointed lol

• SnakeSound222

The Rifts and Tomes come out with each new mid-chapter. Last year around this time, the mid-chapter patch (2.7.0) came out in May, which would a month away from today. Now Ash did come out around this time, so that might have pushed the mid-chapter patch into May. Even if I'm wrong and the new mid-chapter (3.7.0) releases earlier, it'll still be at the end of April, meaning that we'll have gone at least three weeks without a Rift. Like ZoneDymo said, why not give us more time? There's nothing else happening, so keeping the Rift going until the new one arrives would be a great idea.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

oh. thanks for the information. and yeah, if that's the case then i agree, they should keep the rift until the new one starts.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

So we are not getting any extension on the rift ? This is just so sad .... I am literally at the last tier I am not gonna be able to get it. It just takes so much time.... I don't understand why though. The entire world is paralyzed and everyone is at home....

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144
  • csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

No. You are taking the rift fragments earned and then adding up the remainder of fragments needed without taking into account the fragments earned while playing to complete the challenges. Basically you have to subtract the hours taken completing the challenges away from that 57 hour total. So if it took you 50 hours to complete all challenges, you would only need 7 hours of grinding.

For me i had 2 challenges left when I hit tier 70. I took my time and didnt farm. To be fair i didn't think i would finish it but i managed with decent matchmaking at the end.

• Haku
    edited April 2020

Dude I played till 6 in the morning last night and I haven't slept almost. It is really arrogant of you tell such thing not knowing me. Some poeple have jobs. Plentty of poeple havent got 70. And I mean in general what the hell do you want with that comment ? Oh look hes not gonna get it let me pew pew on him even more. Ill tell him "play more" and piss him off more cause I am really nice

• Okoru

LOL no. It was was more of a simple answer to your question. I have a fulltime job and have been working during Covid-19 Monday-Friday and I hit 70 two days ago. The rift has been out for months. You most likely had time. Just cause you stayed up all night the night before it ends doesn't mean you did everything you could.

• Haku
    edited April 2020

Just because you have full time job that does not mean everyone has the free time after that job to play games. The Rift has been open for months but now is the time when PLENTY of poeple have the time to actually play often because everyone is at home. You can just check steam stats and read about all time records. Just cause you have the freedom to type here whatever you want does not mean that you can just assume things. Try to be more respectful. When I say /and other people too/ that I did not have the time that means I did not have the time to do it. It is not really hard to understand and there is no need to comment on it

• Okoru

Just because you buy the rift doesn't mean your entitled to get everything on it. You saw the end date of the rift when you purchased it. Like a contract, you pay so and so amount of money, and you have this amount of time to achieve said items. You didn't do it in time.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

“May need” is not a false statement, it’s just you whining about not having your way.

I finished the Rift before I completed all my challenges. I also play a good amount, and some matches I just forgot to do my challenge or select one.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited April 2020

Because you dont NEED OR DESERVE more time.

Ffs.

It's not hard to hit 70, even without all challenges. I have 7 left and I'm at 70. And DBD is FAR from my most played game.

You can either:

A- pay to finish it (which is what they want. It's a battlepass)

Or

B- grind what you can, and accept that you didnt play/grind/actually try enough until it was too late, and be grateful for what you DID earn.

All these "extend the rift" discussions reek of children who were never told no.

• Carpemortum

There are lots of us who have been preaching that since BEFORE the rift was released.

"Ita a money/time sink"

"They INTEND for you to spend money"

To only be met with, "iTs FrEe CoSmEtIcS, wHy YoU HaTiNg?"

If they wanted to give us things free, they would. As they have before. Anyone who thinks the RIFT isnt just a money scheme is mistaken. The archives are awesome, however, and I wish werent tied to them at all.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

says the person who clearly has more time then sense in their life

Its also interesting how you seem to claim that the grind the way it is now is magically perfectly balanced and any switch either way would completely mess that up....

• Carpemortum

I never said its perfect balanced. I explicitly stated that inst intent is for you to fall short and spend money. But that its obtainable without if you play even an hour or 2 a day. I have just as much free time as any other person, especially given the last month.

I also have plenty of senss in my life, sad you seem to feel the need to think otherwise and use that as an argument.

The rift shouldnt be that hard to finish. But it is because THATS HOW BATTLEPASSES WORK.

In an optimal world, it would take half the time, just by playing games, so that the archives weren't tainted by it.

But im sorry you felt so personally attacked and offended by my statements that you felt the need to paint me as what, a no life corporate shill?

Maybe dont let FOMO or digital t shirts bother you so much that you want them to change a system to avoid a situation that it is specifically designed to cause. That being people not finishing it and having to pay.

• Eradik
    Eradik Member Posts: 63

It's only a handful of matches. Or 100 cells. If everyone is at home it should be simple to get the matches in.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

People are asking for a day or 2 more, if you do agree its not perfectly balanced then why do you so strongly oppose that request....

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I finished the 70 tiers with 3 challenges left, all you gotta do is play more, you can just buy a tier or two if you want that charm, nothing wrong with that.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I don't think they ever would unless there was some mass outage.

Me and a few others apparently are crap outta luck on this, as I for whatever reason couldnt enter the game on the last day i was gonna have time to play. (it had to be on their end too, everything else internet wise was working for me and like i said others had the same issue.)

So when i had a chance to quickly hop on, I was forced to pay to finish my rift.

:D I can never hate this game

• Haku

I finished all the challenges and I had 1 full page left. Last time when I was doing the first rift I was able to finish it just with the challenges. I am pretty sure either something was bugged with the fragments or the xp was chaged. Becasue there is no way I played more last time I did the rift. I just spent so so much more time this time. Some challenges like escape once with David took me like 2 hours /it was really terrible/ and yet I had so much left.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

I got to level 70 the day Level 4 of Tome II was released... not a problem there.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

I put up the idea of sharing rift points after 70 like I could grind and donate them to someone I wanna help

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

Not sure if someone answered your question and honestly I'm not sure if this is the stream they said it, but somewhere here I believe a dev said that finishing the Archives/challenges from Tome II should mean you'll have the Rift completed by then.

I didn't even look through the stream again to confirm if that's what they specifically said, but I do remember hearing this.

• SpookyJeff
    SpookyJeff Member Posts: 108

I'm not asking for an extension at all because I bought my last three tiers and hit 70, but they really need to adjust the amount of playtime required to finish the pass. They said originally that an hour a day would be enough to finish it, and that is absolutely untrue. The first rift was supplemented by anywhere between 10-20 tiers because they credited us for playtime a couple of weeks before the rift actually released. This rift has effectively been that many tiers longer than the first with no adjustment for the grind at all. That's why everyone had an easier time with the first time through. I wish they'd do away with all of the straight grind parts of the rift and just tie all the rewards to newer, tougher-to-get challenges. It'd increase rarity of the cosmetics, and you could still lock the better rewards for each challenge behind the premium track.

• SnakeSound222
    edited April 2020

Different people have different lives. Some people may have been busy earlier in the Rift and had more free time towards end only to lose out on some of that because of how much of a mess this game is. Do you think it's fair that players lose out on cool new items because the game ######### up? A couple of extra days won't hurt your precious exclusivity at all. It's just fairly compensating players who were robbed of their chance to get Rift items. You can't even buy 100 Auric Cells to only get the tiers you want because the cheapest option is 500 for $5. People don't want to have 400 cells just laying around because they only wanted a specific tier in the Rift and nothing else.

When the devs lowered the difficulty of some of the challenges back in Tome I, they also made it to where you had to play extra matches if you completed all the challenges to get to tier 70. I've completed all of the Killer challenges and a good portion of the Survivor challenges (around 70%) and I'm only at tier 50.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

They did make more challenges compared to Tome I (thank God) because that gave us more Fragments. Then the more difficult challenges that took more matches to complete helped to give more Fragments along the way, but some people complete these challenges fast, which means they earn less Fragments in between challenges.

I think this is why people are in your situation or like in tier 50 after completing every challenge. It means you didn't "grind" enough, but I can't tell if that's fair. I wanna say it isn't and I wonder if they'll talk about it next Tome, but they for sure did a better job this time around.

I wish we earned Rift Fragments for our Player Levels leveling up and/or every 5 levels we get 3 Fragments to compensate people who're at a high level since it takes more XP to level up at that point.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Got to 70 two weeks ago, been cruising since then. I also played heavily during each level addition and dipped out after I completed that particular level. It's more than possible, you just need to play with each release to maximize organic shard gain.