Ya know, I think im way too nice as a killer

Options
ZoneDymo
ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I think that is just my problem, as a survivor the last couple of weeks, the amount of killers who ez 4k due to just returning to the hook as soon as someone is unhooked is rediculous.

As a killer I just hook someone and then thats it, ill go look for the other survivors and while in that chase the person gets unhooked and healed and later ill encounter them again but this does often mean 1k or so.

Im not going to change my ways but man, those strats, preeeeetty effective.

Comments

• ZoneDymo
    Options

obviously, but im not talking about that, im not talking about instand saves, that is just disrespectful and stupid and should be punished.

Im talking about faking going away but being ready to return on a moments notice, or dropping a chase with an injured survivor just to go back to the hook.

That is what im talking about, highly effective at giving you that 4k, but I wont do that myself which I guess is part of why I dont get that many kills.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

Yeah but sometimes coming back to the hook is like the only way to apply pressure if you can't find the other two obviously if you find someone else then chase them cause only one person doing gens rather than two is better but sometimes you gotta go back and chase the guy who unhooked.

• Penfighter
    Penfighter Member Posts: 42
    Options

I see zero issue with preventing an unhooking if you see it coming, despite the vitriol that fills my inbox when I do so. If you run toward a hook in plain view and expect me not to chase, then please don't blame me for getting downed yourself.

• ZoneDymo
    Options

Again, you as well are now creating scenarios in which its logical to prevent it, that is not what im talking about.

Im talking pretty much about tunneling, returning to the hook where you can easily down the wounded survivor, and probably even wound another who is taking a hit for them, so you can easily muscle 1 survivor out quickly and then proceed to do the same to the rest.

Its effective to be sure.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,216
    Options

Why wouldnt you be ready to simply turn around once an unhook happens?

Unless you're already in a chase, it'd be logicql to go where you KNOW there are 2 sirvivors.

• ZoneDymo
    Options

Like I said, it is effective, its just very cheap towards the person who just got unhooked to do so, to be at their throat moments they unhooked for an ez down and re-hook.

I know as a survivor I dont appreciate that sort of gameplay, makes me wonder why the killer plays the game at all if they are going to play that way, same as a basement bubba really.

• Raulillo
    Raulillo Member Posts: 179
    Options

If you don't know where survivors are and you don't return to the unhook despite the notification you are giving them a massive advantage.

If you know where other survivors are and you are already chasing someone, you are distributing the pressure evenly and that's a good strategy too... BUT returning to the hook is always an option that you have! If the survivor you are chasing is good, you can choose at that moment who is the weakest link of the 2 survivors you have encountered. If both were good, you can try to find the person who came to unhook, he may be the weakest link. If the rescue happens in a good area with generators close to each others, it's usually better return to avoid an endgame with gens far away.

In the lobby you can check survivor items to decide this before match even starts. The unhook person has medkit? Anyone has flashlight and will be always trying to make a save so you can fake a pick up after downing the unhooked? Have they characters difficult to spot in the current map (Ninja Claudette)?

Doing always the same you are using a handicap in your games. I would say It's better to decide when to return and when to do not, just because games are decisions, if you are not taking certain decisions or avoiding them you are not playing the complete game :S

Toxic players are gonna blame you despite what you do. I have seen blame after we all escaped, because idk people is just permaraging on this game for some reason.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

There's plenty of things that you can do to stop people from being cocky and make getting a 4k easy overall. Whether it be certain characters, certain add ons for characters, certain perks, whatever. You don't only have to resort to instantly tunneling or whatever if that's what you're referring to.

But yes, if winning is what's fun to you for the most part then don't be nice. For me personally I like to just mess around and knock the survivors around even if I don't get a 4k in the end but there's times when I want to switch it up and try a little for once and I'll dedicate some games to being serious and end up getting 3ks and 4ks. It really is a matter of just trying as hard as you feel comfortable with, and having fun with that. If you love going tryhard pick up Nurse or Spirit and run an ebony mori every game, and watch the kills come flooding in. But, if you love keeping things interesting, come up with different builds that fit your custom style and work from there. I don't think everybody has to be nice, but I don't think everybody always has to try hard to have fun either.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

I commented on this yesterday, in a thread that argued that it's impossible for boosted killers to rank up, which is not true at all https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1188219/#Comment_1188219

If you decide to play 'fair' as killer, which I do even at rank 1 unless facing blatant toxicity, then the game is actually hard(er). Otherwise, the strategy you've been experiencing is the common gameplay of red rank killers and yes, many of them are skilled regardless, just as many other are boosted and still 4k quite frequently playing like that.

The problem is by game design. There's currently nothing in the game itself to correct the gameplay you're describing, except for perks. That's the reason why BT and DS are meta. Otherwise tunneling and camping would be incredibly hard to fight and the meta would become to gen rush and leaving people on hook until the killer is on the other side of the map. Try to load into a match with no obsession and chances are everyone won't have a good time and will understand immediately why those perks are in the game.

It's a design choice made by the devs, a poor one at it imho. Instead of implementing more strict game mechanics that encourage interaction all-around, they left it to perks to fix the issue. The issue is similar on the killer side with things like Bamboozle, Spirit Fury and now the breakable walls. Band-aids for poor game mechanics.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    Options

Its always funny when im walking back to the hook and the survivor is literally running right infront of my face i smack them down because i think they have ds they dont and just go back on hook and get called a tunneler. Yet if you know the direction the killer went in dont go that way also theres the tr...

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,216
    Options

Well obviously survivors shouldnt appreciate hookfarmers.

Sorry but it isnt just the killer to blame for this "cheap play". IF they're even partially to blame for this.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594
    Options

Yeah depending on the context, sometimes the fault has to lay with the survivors. Since sometimes survivors do rather poor plays or make a unsafe save. Like sometimes healing under the hook might be good if you know the killer is on the other side of map, other times not so much.

Since sometimes it the survivor who runs straight into the killer, jump scaring the killer. Due to not looking at what is in front of them. That or they make it clear as heck, that yeah they are going for the save by doing something to tip off the killer.

• KayK99
    KayK99 Member Posts: 94
    Options

Ok, cool?