DBD has the most toxic community ever ive seen

Options
PNgamer
PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

Hello, ive read so much about killer or survivor sided treads. Some people playing more survivors, some killers and most of us booth. But fact is, i never have seen a game triggered more than DBD. So can any tell why that so is ?

... i can remember when i was 6 years old and was playing outside with my friends, catch me if you can. Opinions over opinions ...is this the reason ? I have no idea

sry for my bad english grammatic

Post edited by PNgamer on

Comments

• Sindel_Lover
    Sindel_Lover Member Posts: 53
    Options

I've noticed the extreme toxicity as well. I've played a lot of mortal Kombat 11, and that is just as bad if not worse, but I understand that more since it's a 1v1 fighting game.

I think the balance of the game is partly the reason here. It's 4v1 with completely opposite roles, so balance must be harder to achieve compared to other multiplayer games.

Off topic: The Pokemon community is overwhelmingly friendly despite lots of children making up the player base lol

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    Options

It’s kind of incredible at this point. On the rare occasions I turn on my messages and roll the dice, I almost feel disgusted if someone compliments my killer play. How am I suppose to burn Mori or slug if the survivor community suddenly starts to act like decent human beings. No, please continue to annoy and harass me so that I may relieve myself of the mental burden brought upon the ass kicking I must deliver. The Entity provides 🙏

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 363
    Options

You have a fanbase where everyone knows the rules, for a game that doesn't have any. Anything will always guarantee one angry comment because while we have a collective idea of how DBD should be like, it all gets jumbled when it comes to Perks/Offerings/Killers/Tools

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

It's just how people are today. Someone fired a gunshot right through my window a month ago, like 1 meter from my head. People are crazy.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

League of Legends has dead beat on toxicity.

In my experience the soulsborne community has dead beat when it comes to entitlement.

Don't get me wrong Dead by daylight is no no golden peach it's definitely up there when it comes to entitlement and toxicity but there are far worse communities

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Sadly it's true, I had to stop receiving msgs on PS4 because people would often send me "I wish you were dead" msgs, which isn't funny at all, but there are also a few other game communities that are worse.

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314
    Options

It's because it's not a community. It will never be one so long as you have players split between two sides. If the killer and survivors were chosen at random each match from the lobby then you'd see a lot less toxicity.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    Options

DBD's toxicity is at the point that it's obsessive. If you kill the wrong person in the game they will sit on your Steam profile and comment on it for twelve hours. If you kill the right person they'll stalk and harass you. You people are pretty crazy.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

You have two separate games who are trying to be balanced against each other, with some people only playing one side.

That is the core issue of toxicity in the game. And the fact that certain shunned elements within the game are "not bannable".

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

Top 3? Please, might not even break top 10.

League of Legends, CS:Go, Fortnite, and Call of Duty just off the top of my head are WAY more toxic than DBD.

Until a game has a professional league, so every moron can pretend they are going to be the next big thing, you really don't get the level of toxicity that lets you play with the big boys.

• GrannyonAcid
    edited April 2020
    Options

I don't understand your list at all. Besides for League of Legends... The other games you don't even have a way of communicating with your opponents. So how the hell are they toxic? I can say that I've ever had a toxic moment on CS Go, Fortnite, or COD.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Hmmmmmm..... I shall prepare a list of games with worse communities

1. Fortnite

2. League of Legends

3. Overwatch

4. Call of Duty

5. Mortal Kombat

6. CSGO

7. DOTA

8. Rocket League

9. Halo

10. Titanfall

DBD is toxic, but I dont have to wear a hazmat suit to play. Only a gasmask.

• Kwikwitted
    Options

Dude, those games have people being toxic to teammates, during a game, routinely.

I'm honestly doubting if you've played CS:GO in all seriousness if you're really going to claim you haven't had a toxic moment in that game. Let there be one guy who doesn't know the maps in even a silver ranked game and watch the abuse fly after each and every round.

I can only assume you just mute everyone every game or something?

At least in DBD it's written abuse after the game that no one really is compelled to listen to or read.

• GrannyonAcid
    Options

Oh. I guess that makes more sense. I wasn't thinking about it as far as teammates. When I play CS Go it's with friends. When I play Fortnite or any battle royal it's with friends. I wouldn't really expect to drop into a game with random people and have a good time. So teaming up with people is toxic. That's weird. I tend to play solo's if I have to play alone. CS Go I've had great experiences with. I even back when I played seriously made a smurf. And my smurf got ranked super high. Way out of my skill level for sure. And my teammates cheered me on and encouraged me to keep trying. Even when I kept telling them I suck and I didn't belong in the rank. So I guess everyone has different experiences.

• Kwikwitted
    Options

Fair enough, if you're playing with friends it will shield you from most of the toxicity in something like CS:GO or COD. Obviously with league unless you're playing ranked fives you're dealing with three randoms at minimum so it's always gonna be one guy who is the turd in the punchbowl.

It does warm my hear to see there are some positive people in CS:GO nowadays, in the years I played it once you were past silver it was cutthroat as all hell, people would say some downright ugly stuff to you if you weren't pulling your weight.

• Maievh
    Maievh Member Posts: 62
    Options

Agree with other posters here, DBD is not bad at all compared to most of these and various other game communities.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

It's crazy to me people saying stuff like "people will stalk you if you kill the wrong person" or whatever, as if that's a DbD exclusive problem.

Other games get that too.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Not really, I played Dota 2. Dbd is actually really well-mannered in comparison.

The worst problem IMO is Survivors who get hot-headed in post game chat, We need to chill and relax more.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

If you didn't see any other game with a community way worse then you must be really really young or just don;t play that many games.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I'm in my 30's. I've been around a lot of competitive games (by that I mean eSport before eSport was a word). DBD is definitely way up there in the toxicity. I don't even think LOL can compare, LOL players get angry but they don't target and harass other players like you see in DBD. It's disgusting.

It's especially bad on Xbox. There are players that share hit lists of other players to mori spam or Bubba facecamp. There are also players that will DDOS you for killing them/escaping the game.

• Maníaco_da_garrafa
    Maníaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 144
    Options

Welcome to pvp gaming.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,729
    Options

This game is definitely top 3. The game itself essentially encourages it with how much it punishes players for things beyond their control, and rewards them for exploiting well known issues that never get fixed. if an entire patch cycle was spent actually fixing half the broken mess in this game, the health of the community would improve.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

I remember how 2 years ago this game was more toxic than League of Legends.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351
    Options

Let's just say this community has a few bright cookies.

Also Ochido didn't really help to alleviate the already existing toxicity...

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

its an online game if someone gets angry that's kinda part of the hole game and no one is an exception to it everyone has gotten mad at games its just the people who voice their opinion usually get pegged as a "bad person" that's why when is see someone giving trash talk i usually just ignore them cause i know nothing i saw to them is gonna help also ive gotten a lot of compliments on my killer from survivors so i dont think the community is that bad.

• AddictedToMosh
    AddictedToMosh Member Posts: 116
    Options

One question.

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13 Member Posts: 177
    Options

It's honestly just humanity, in general. There's just a lot of bitter, ignorant people out there nowadays thinking that anything that they do in a video game actually matters at all to anyone.

• THEFREAK420
    THEFREAK420 Member Posts: 138
    Options

Yeah. I have to agree with OP. Its the most toxic gaming community Ive ever seen. I play on ps4. Dedicated Killer. I turn the option to message me on or off depending on my mood, how many beers Ive had etc. The amount of hate messages I get is crazy. Even if I didnt camp or tunnel. I get messages telling me I did, Im trash, i should kill myself (LoL), ive had players wish cancer and fatal car accidents on me. As far as Im concerned the madder they are, the better I did. Its A PVP game. Someone's not gonna be happy with the result in the end. And you can't win them all. I think its the younger "entitled snowflake" generation mostly that doesnt realize that. If they cant win every time its not fair, has to be nerfed. People even try to invent rules that only benefit them. Like no camping, tunneling slugging etc. But they think to DC on the 1st time they get downed is cool. I know killers are toxic too, but survivors are so much worse, they had to put end game collapse in because of them. And you can bet if youre tbagging at every pallet, flash light clicking, not readying up in lobby, Im looking to take you out first. If youre the only one I get Im ok with that.

• KayK99
    KayK99 Member Posts: 94
    Options

Overwatch, GTA Online and Fifa is pretty cancer too

• THEFREAK420
    Options

Yeah GTA5 online is right there too. The amount of people with super loud Mics, rap music blasting, babies crying, parents screaming in the background is crazy too. And the guys who just commit suicide over and over rather than get killed, to inflate their K/D/R. Just as bad as the DC'ers in DBD.

• Ninjoe42
    Ninjoe42 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I wonder if the rankings influence toxicity. Are people more toxic at higher tiers? Is harassment more prevalent in middle tiers where try-hards fail time and time again to make red ranks?

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

It's primarily because there are a lot of playstyles in the game that are extremely unbalanced or just destroy a player's fun and the devs are incapable of doing anything about it. Since the devs aren't capable enough to handle it, that means it's up to the players to play the game in a more fair manner which is absolutely not where that responsibility should lie for obvious reasons. Consequently, when the obvious problem obviously goes wrong, people start getting mad at other players for using busted or fun killing tactics.

If the devs would properly balance the game out and provide entertaining counterplay to completely unfun tactics, a huge amount of the toxicity would go away. But sadly, they struggle to even acknowledge the problem let alone solve it. The disconnecting without consequences issue took 3 years before they implemented the solution everybody with basic pvp gaming experience had been suggesting for the entire time. And prior to their solution, they allowed a fog streamer to actively promote disconnecting against killers that you don't like as well as at least one of them giving her warnings when her friends were about to go over the dc ban limit so that they could slow down the pace to avoid punishment.

• THEFREAK420
    Options

I agree with most of what you said. Except the part about destroying other people's fun. That is the killer's job. And the survivors' job. Its PVP. Someone's gonna be mad. I usually do OK, Im not the best. Usually get 3 or 4 kills. Sometimes 3 or 4 get away. Thats how it goes. The problem(toxicity) is people who can't handle losing. They start messaging hate, harrassing other people because they lost. I've had people msg me after I wasted all 4 of them, got double any of their points, and the person is telling me Im trash, I have no skill. I camped, i tunneled blah, blah. Then they come on here begging for nerfs to anything they don't like. Ive even had voice messages sent on psn. Sounded like he was 8 years old. Shouldn't even be playing the game. Its pvp. Its competition. No one is entitled to win, easy points or a fun match every time. Ive had alot of matches where all 4 escaped but i was laughing the whole time. It was still fun. You win some, you lose some. Deal with it. If you cant handle losing you shouldnt be playing any competitive games.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,763
    Options

I don't think you've played overwatch or rainbow six siege haha

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Sry but no. As a player who plays tons of games dbd community isn't the worst by a long long long shot.

T

Here's my tier list:

Lol

Cs go

Overwatch

Pubg

• swiftgiraffe808
    swiftgiraffe808 Member Posts: 43
    Options

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Tom Clancy Seige. Even in casual people start yelling and team killing just because someone missed a half map shot.

• THEFREAK420
    Options

People rage out in every game. But this game takes the cake for post match hate. I think its funny. That is until the devs start nerfing everything because sore losers cry about it. MoM & Ruin come to mind, theres alot more.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512
    Options

not the worst because eve online still exists as well as league but it's a close third

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125
    Options

Some fighting game communities actually get together and play offline. They bring their toxicity out into the real world. Tournaments can be pretty messed up. There is a lot of sexual harrassment and occasional violence at the big ones.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    Options

well i played call of duty at it's peak, it was about as equall maybe a bit more toxic than this game right now, but i've heard tales from a dark age that was even worse, never saw it tho

• CaptainSkel
    CaptainSkel Member Posts: 24
    Options

Why is it that every time somebody's like "hey this game has a really toxic community" the first response is to say "bu-but other communities are worse!"

Like yeah man, there's usually a worse thing no matter what you're talking about. That doesn't mean that there isn't a problem here. Yes, sometimes LoL has a worse community but at least I see Riot trying to make changes and trying to resolve the issue. I see racist, vile crap all the time in the post game chat in DBD and I don't think the report function does anything. What changes have the developers made to try and fix their community?

• Jrfrost
    Jrfrost Member Posts: 16
    Options

I feel the toxicity comes from a problem of extreme player entitlement dhvr has made a game that in its nature is competitive and it creates ill feelings toward the other side if the player feels cheated entitled players a lot of the time are unwilling to admit mistakes and improve and instead look toward the game as a scapegoat and while yes a there are problems with the game a lot of the time its just that someone got outplayed

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

"Behavior Studio's" creates a game that's meant to show human reaction... Will a Human playing Killer be completely horrible? At what cost will a survivor go, just to escape? Will they leave their teammates? Will they sandbag them? What will the community be like when we pit them against eachother?

This entire game is one giant social experiment to how horrid humanity can be toward eachother when it comes to putting their own personal gains over anothers.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Other games being more toxic doesn't make dbd any less toxic

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Why are people comparing different games/ communities to DBD? That's the not the point here. More often than not, this community freaking sucks because survivors feel entitled to this and that and killers feel like they're owed 4 kills.

This is why I try to play both sides so I can see both sides of the coin. We all know this community is rough to get into and horrible for new players. How hard is it to NOT play like an ass? Forget about your precious ranks and pips and just play for fun? There's literally zero incentive to hit red ranks; no leaderboards to speak of. What do you gain for raging and being upset if you got outplayed or lost?

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

That's simply wrong. People will harass you in LoL. I can name several examples even since there's been quite a few over the years. Not to say LoL is the absolute worst but LoL definitely can compare to DbD and I'm like 87% comfortable with saying it's just worse.

Only thing is in DbD the players are a lot more childish because they make up their own rules and stuff a lot.