I Am Shocked

Options
KoH
KoH Member Posts: 4

This is the first time that I've actually taken a moment to look at the DBD forums, and I'm honestly shocked at how many people are complaining about this game's imbalance without the Development Team having fixed some of the more glaring issues.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with funding, but considering that some posts I've read are addressing issues that have been around for YEARS, I think I'll have to abandon the game, for now.

This is not a pity post, but more so to spread awareness that DBD's player base will apparently continue to slowly die out due to the lack of proper game design being employed.

I've seen so many great suggestions by YouTubers and even on these forums, but the Dev Team seems to notoriously cater only to one demographic, not realizing that by buffing/nerfing the correct areas of BOTH Survivors AND Killers, it will result in an overall more enjoyable experience for everyone.

This is not rocket science; I have no clue how anyone on the Dev Team still has a job, to be entirely frank.

Best of luck to you all, DBD. Was fun while it lasted.

Comments

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

Bye 👋

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

Its not a lack of funding I can tell you that with certainty, its a lack of willing to invest, hire more and competent people to work on the game for example.

Nope, ez cashgrab so far, minimal effort = maximum profit.

Look at Warframe, another Canadian game, look at how much (free) content they push out and how many patches based on user feedback....then look at dbd, the contrast is indeed shocking.

Dont get me wrong, I still like DBD very much but its extremely painful how people come to these forums with ideas and requests every time and so little of it ever gets answered or even...tried in ya know, the freaking PTB

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295
    Options

Yh this game will always be the same sadly, good bye. ❤️

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

The fact that you think those on the dev team aren't aware that making appropriate buffs and nerfs on both sides will result in a better experience for everyone seems to suggest that you don't know as much about their ideas and methods as you think you do.

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244
    Options

there is probably factors other than just the dev team also i think one of them being that they have to test like a billion things whenever they add something

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Which issues are you talking about? Let us know please.

• Azuriel
    Azuriel Member Posts: 4
    Options

I'm not here to tell anyone how to do their job, but i think the game has enough content for a while. Instead of focusing on releasing another survivor, map and killer, which in the long term doesnt add so much to the game, i think they should focus on making more usefull the weak killers, addons or perks so we could see more variety on matches. Also quality of life changes, such as those of ranks or matchmaking.

Again, i dont know anything about how to dev a game, but i dont think those are things very difficult to do. I just think that it doesnt make them earn money as they cannot sell any dlc with those new features.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

They've managed to keep a solid playerbase.

Plus with COVID dancing around the world, the average number's been stronger than ever.

The game dying anytime soon would require a major ######### up on the devs' end, one unlike any before.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

FYI I'm into Warframe too and that community is not happy with their dev either. Prime example: newest event is a buggy mess and is already partially built on a flawed game mode/system based around space ships (railjacks). They've had more than their fair share of moments upsetting their community involving even strictly community-based things (like the chat moderators) so I just wanted to say all that to bring up the point that, they're far from perfect as well.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

The game will die out as it is in fact steadily growing. Makes perfectly sense. LOL

• ZoneDymo
    Options

there is a difference here, first of all the new event was brought out recently in a bit of a more difficult time to work on the game and secondly it got a lot of patches aka support already since then.

Railjack was released too early but that was also to give the players something new and fresh todo while the team went on vacation.

I agree that Railjack is nowhere near it should be and that the devs have their own problems, mainly never seemingly properly following through with a big update to make it what we all want it to be and rather just jumping to the next big update.

But that is a very different problem from the devs here who do seemingly abso-freaking-lutely nothing, it takes them 10 million years to adress one perk while it should take them an afternoon and a PTB....

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

I just want to say the grass always seems greener on the other side.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I thought this was the lead up to a Doctor pun and now I'm disappointed and sad.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,177
    Options

Devs said they don't want to do knee-jerk change, so nothing is changed from PTB to live.

Honestly i wonder why there's PTB if they aren't gonna change anything.

• ZoneDymo
    Options

Well im on both sides of the grass.. I play both games, one company can and does turn around massive amounts of content and fixes what is broken in mere weaks in an overall much larger and complex game, and the other....does nothing in 99% of the cases.