The healed should be able to easily cancel the healer

Options
Far too often I am putting in some distance after being unhooked and the person who granted was nice enough to unhook me decides to try and heal me out in the open and right next to the hook. Movement of any kind should cancel the heal. 

Comments

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Sprint or use an emote the shrug them off.
  • kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @Baphomett too late that’s already the second that costs me my life. I should accept healing not be forced into it
  • Jigsawn
    Jigsawn Member Posts: 19
    Options

I agree. Especially if the Killer is running Nurses Calling. You may be aware of it but your teammate might not. I've died a number of times from actively trying to run away from a healer when I know the Killer is close with Nurses Calling, yet they manage to get the start of the heal in when I'm hiding.

You don't have enough time to prevent the heal starting and alerting the Killer, even if you don't want the heal. Maybe there just needs to be a slightly longer delay before you are locked into the healing animation, or alternitavely make Nurses Calling only trigger 1 second into healing or something.

• flamestandish
    flamestandish Member Posts: 130
    Options

Healing at the hook is a brilliant strategy. Don't knock people for doing this. In almost every case, the killer has started to chase another survivor giving enough time to perform a full heal and get you both on the go again.

A survivor that runs away from an unhook is (in my eyes) a bad survivor. Especially when there are 2 people at your hook when you are rescued.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@flamestandish said:
    Healing at the hook is a brilliant strategy. Don't knock people for doing this. In almost every case, the killer has started to chase another survivor giving enough time to perform a full heal and get you both on the go again.

A survivor that runs away from an unhook is (in my eyes) a bad survivor. Especially when there are 2 people at your hook when you are rescued.

I always love when people heal under the hook and blame me for tunneling afterwards, thats so hilarious :lol:

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

@flamestandish said:

It's a stupid strategy if killer is near or MyC is in play. More so if she has NC.
    It's ok when there is no TR and there is We'll Make It. Otherwise you just risk getting to second/third stage after tunneled chase. Removing 1 survivor changes gameflow in a big swing.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    Options

My favorite instance of this was a video I saw of someone playing SWF on Lampkin Lane with the Spirit. All of the generators were repaired, which triggered Rancor, so the killer downed her obsession. She left him on the ground to hunt another survivor (the obsession's friend), but was injured. He ran to his downed friend, and got him off the ground, just to have the Spirit smack him down again, and the friend ran away. He literally healed his friend so his friend could take a hit instead of him. It was hilarious, and they laughed about it the entire time.

• kone19
    kone19 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    @flamestandish that is a terrible strategy the killer won’t keep chasing someone else if there even is someone else. They will go for the one hit down and guaranteed second stage hook. Especially if it’s a nurse.