Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can someone explain what I done wrong? (Dev please help)

MuteNewt
MuteNewt Member Posts: 234
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

I was doing my usual recording for my channel. I had a killer then tell me he was recording the match and that it will be posted on the forums (because I done something wrong I assume?)

I worry a lot about these types of accusations as I don't know if people are gonna manipulate footage to make me look like I was cheating/being abusive when I wasn't. Here is the full match including the end game chat. What have I done wrong? If a dev could help id appreciate it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfynNzN-IbQ

Comments

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Nothing wrong here! He's legit mad that he missed so many attacks

• MuteNewt

@Peanits Thanks so much for the fast reply. You put my worries at ease. Thank you so much! <3

• MuteNewt

@MigrantTheGreat Thanks so much for the reply. Really appreciate it <3

• MuteNewt

@Lexilogo Thanks I really appreciate you took the time to reply and put my worries at ease. I just worry people are gonna manipulate their own recordings to get me punished for no reason. Thanks again for the reply <3

• MuteNewt

@AvisDeene I try and I usually do but when they say they are recording and gonna get me punished I start to worry a lot as to what they are gonna edit together to fit their agenda.

Thanks so much for your reply and time. Really appreciate it <3

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

That person is just butthurt because they got outplayed. They had the nerve to say something to you when it was their lame-ass who face camped.

• Slival
    Slival Member Posts: 94

People get a strange idea, perhaps from other platforms like Twitter, that if they mass-report someone, the devs won't look at the content of the reports but only at the sheer number of them.

I frequently see SWFs in post game chat all say they're reporting a killer, or a killer claim he's reporting for things like "hacking" when really he just doesn't understand how Lithe works yet.

Ignore it, feel comforted and grateful that the devs review the contents of reports, not just the number of bad reports.

Then shudder a little when you think about how many bad useless reports they get each day from salty people.

• Eyedice
    Eyedice Member Posts: 14

Couple of days ago I went into a match and got severe lag, I was actually thinking to myself that I was pretty much done since I was an easy target as I kept running into things and had really no control over my character. As luck would have it, Huntress finds me right away and starts a chase, with me barely being able to run where I wanted to. All of a sudden, the match ends and post game screen shows killer DC'd and now they're urging the other players to "report me because I was hacking", I say that I had very bad lag and they're like "sure buddy". Apparently, the lag was so bad that they saw me teleporting from one place to another. Like, I get how that looks bad from the killer's standpoint but the devs can't go around banning people based only on player reports and without evidence, so unless you're intentionally doing something that's against the rules and it shows, you're not getting banned just because someone reported you.

I wasn't banned btw.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

1 thing I wonder, if Devs get an in-game report like this. Will they actually check the game play of that match? Like if not, how can Devs know the report is legit or not?

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

Most likely they will start to investigate if they either get documented evidence of a player actually cheating (like a support ticket with video) or they get enough reports over different games to notice a pattern.

A lot of people get reported once or twice by salty people and don't even know it, because they're not going to ban or discipline someone off one or even multiple reports from only one game.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

In one of my more embarrassing moments I thought three survivors were hacking because they had OOO but it was showing them my aura at all times, even when I was very close to them. Turns out I wasn't aware that when you play Freddy, survivors in the dream world can see you at all times cause you don't have a terror radius, so by definition they are always outside of it. Pretty much made mind games impossible.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

If the killer was lagging, he may have been seeing those swings completely differently... Like should've been guaranteed hits but never did damage

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

Looks like you challenged the Killer's skills and they were none too pleased.

Good match on your part!

• finitethrills

I don't think they can check game play. A lot of times, it just flags an account and devs will glance over it. A lot of actual cheaters get banned because someone reported them for something not bannable, but as soon as devs touch the account, they'll see evidence of bloodpoint or item manipulation.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933

Just to clarify, we don't ban on reports alone for things like cheating in game - there does need to be video evidence and this has to be sent to Support and an In Game report has to have been made.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

This guy wants attention and views, nice bait

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I didn't see you doing anything wrong. You lead him on a good chase and screwed up a few of his mind games. He missed 3 times in a row with EW3. That killer wasn't very good. He/she was just salty they lost. Ignore end game chat. That's all I can say.

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144

Ive been told ive been reported 100x and never has anything came about it lol. Don't worry too much about people saying that.

• MuteNewt

@xChrisx Are you kidding me?? The video is unlisted and I was genuinely worried that the killer was gonna post some edited together footage of me ''cheating'' or lagging around on his end to say I was doing so. So id rather of posted my full match on here asking if there was anything I missed that was wrong and showing my side of it. I have 4500 hours on my account and I don't all the time and work I put into the account taken away from me for no reason. So the worry was very genuine.

I'm sorry I didn't make another YT account to post the video on. Have a great day.

• MuteNewt

@MandyTalk Thank you so much for the clarification. As I keep saying I worry a ton when I'm told I been recorded and gonna be put on the forums etc. Because I don't know if they can edit together me looking like I was doing something wrong. I'd rather of posted my full match incase I missed something or the person reporting me has shown a different side of it to which I wasn't aware.

I really appreciate the reply and support. Thank you so much!

• MuteNewt

@finitethrills This is the part I think the killer was trying to say he was reporting me for. I didn't understand why he wasn't hitting me either and I even said ''Is his mouse broken?'' as it didn't make sense to me. They did seem like swings and not lunges which is why I thought something was up with his mouse. I usually do the left-right tactic to make it harder for the killer to hit me and most of the time they do miss one attack maybe.

So I think his connection to the server might of been weak or starting to deteriorating at that part of the match? Thanks so much for your replies and time.

• MuteNewt

@Johnble Thanks! I really appreciate the reply :)

• MuteNewt

I appreciate all the hard work the devs put into this game. Especially the support team that deals with the reports and has to scan through them all to see which are genuine and which are just from people who didn't take a loss well. I understand its a hefty amount of work and do appreciate the team that does the job. I guess I just worry a ton about this more than I should.

Thanks for the reply and your time with helping me out. Appreciate it!

• MuteNewt

Thanks! I usually do but I just worry when they say they been recording and gonna show it off. I don't know what they are putting together or how I looked on their end (due to their connection to the server).

I really appreciate the reply and support. Thanks!

• MuteNewt

@Okoru Thanks I appreciate you took the time to reply and support me. Thank you!

• MuteNewt

@Eyedice Thanks so much for the reply and support. Really appreciate it thank you! <3

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I've been accused of wall hacking when I was using BBQ. Unless your actually cheating I don't think you get banned.

• finitethrills

Thanks for the kind words, and yeah, if you noticed it as well, then it was likely some bigger underlying issue. Could even be a combo of both your connections. It'd be hard to diagnose without the telemetry.

It's easy to forget that, with the way servers are setup and the way they handle lag, both sides can be seeing very different events. Heck, I saw a streamer the other day swing on a guy who had deadhard but wasn't injured yet. Swing literally went through the guys spine but didn't register a hit. That guy's internet is fast enough to dl a 10 gig game in just a few minutes. Weird stuff just happens sometimes.

That being said, there ARE cheats out there, including one that will let a survivor appear to be running one way for several seconds before they suddenly reappear elsewhere, so there is a basis for being sus of phantom hits and the like. The situation you describe would be really hard to actually pull off I'd think though, unless it was another form of cheat that isn't well known.

Sometimes, you see things that are clear and obvious, like someone running at 500% speed. Sometimes you just see oddity, and it's tempting to call it a cheat even if it CAN be explained by server. People are always tempted to latch onto cheats when something happens that makes them fail. It's easier to accept someone cheated rather than the game itself randomly decided to make you lose something.

I don't think you were doing anything wrong. I also don't think he did anything wrong by sending a report. Even if it's most likely a game issue, weird stuff SHOULD be reported, and a lot of real cheaters get caught because someone reported them for something that definitely WASN'T a cheat. Devs can pretty easily see when someone has fiddled their save file, and they WILL glance at it when they get a report, even if the report wasn't all that solid.