Killer mains/people who play both sides whats your opinion on freddy?

2»

Comments

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Guess your extremly lucky. I get freddys atleast 3 times a day

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

He's fine power wise.. but his hit boxes are crazy. Because he and his weapon are so small it makes it difficult to judge how close he is.

• Androuruguayo99
    Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

Im killer main and i also play survivor. I find Freddy one of the most boring killers to play against and as a killer. I preferred by far the previous freddy and risk making a combination with end game perks. I reach p3 with that freddy, I barely touched after the rework

Now all games with freddy are the same for me. loop, spam snares, down, hook, teleport to generator and use pop. Repeat. Same as survivor I also think that his hit boxing has something strange (and don't come to me with the excuse that all killer's hitboxes are the same). I've beaten survivors with freddy from unthinkable places, and I've been hit in unreachable loops

Anyway, I do not deny that it is an extremely strong killer to use and that he is in a good position. It has everything a killer needs but I don't know if it really rewards skill. Also, it's funny how the best counter to Freddy ends up being genrush and not allow to apply pop

Oh and something else, on ps4 as soon as you fall asleep the fps fall a lot, receiving a hit from freddy awake means that the fps will drop

sorry for my english, is not my native language

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i'm not a big Freddy player myself, but he is a pretty good killer nowadays.

sure, there are better killers but he certainly earned himself a spot at A tier imo.

as a Survivor, i honestly dont really expect winning against Freddy xD dunno, i dont see him a lot and once you are asleep its really just a matter of time until he gets you...

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I don't mind him on either side.

I do actually feel like there is something that I can do as a survivor, unlike when I go against Hillbilly or Spirit, yet still fall if I screw up.

As him, he feels powerful in a sense that you are 90% in control of the match. Snares help with both information and the chase and the teleport is great for capitalising on perks such as Hex: Ruin or Pop Goes the Weasel.

However, his slowdown add-ons do feel like complete BS to go against when stacked. I know they've been lowered, but still. Dying Light and Thanataphobia are enough.

• Toastyy
    Toastyy Member Posts: 226

Freddy is very good but not overpowered, the problem I have with him is how little effort you have to put in to play him and to get a 4k. He has so many tools in his base kit it’s like the win is handed to you on a silver platter. He is very boring to play and to play against because he is so noob friendly.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Fun to play against, hate playing as him. I’ll always miss old Freddy.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Hes fine but his dream snares suck fun out of him and he becomes boring and a lot of his addons are usless

Dreamsnares:

I would remove his dream snares and replace them with fake pallets

When chasing an asleep survivor all windows, lockers, and pallets gain fake red stains

This makes him mess with the survivors and rely on mind games other than just spamming m2 at a loop

Addons:

Kid's drawing: Gain 200 extra blood points when a survivor falls asleep but fake red stains when chasing an asleep survivors flicker

Fake pallet addons: Now just have the aura reading when survivors throw fake pallets

• Common =4 sec
    • Uncommon = 6 sec
    • Rare = 8 sec

Block addons: Brings back snares but only in some ways

Common = When a sleeping survivor enters a locker a dream snare spawns outside the locker

Unommon = Some fake pallets gain a dream snare but don't gain fake red stains

Rare = Some windows gain dream snares but don't gain red stains

Very rare = Dreams snares spawn at generators you teleport to only 2 gens can have dream snares

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Boring as and against. He's one of the few killers I really wish were never added in the first place. His entire existence in dbd has been a complete mess.

• Yrakaz4
    Yrakaz4 Member Posts: 75

Yeah they took a decent killer and added a ton to him.

He can: 1: Teleport like the Nurse /Spirit (kind of) but strait to a gen so it's precise.

2: Place traps like the hag but has more effects like clown. (Blood pools)

3: Fake Pallets which is kind of related to a Trapper in the sense that survivors tend to avoid them.

4:Dream world with Oblivious rendering the anti camp perk Borrowed Time useless.

5: the add on that allows him to see you within 12 meters. Comon, really? Why do i run iron will then? Or urban invasion?

6 Now this is all killers but I feel like Freddy's claws can reach from center of the earth to the moon when he lunges.

To put it simply, he's too op and i never play him cuz the 4k isn't even fun.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Fine with Freddy. People who do well with Freddy would probably do well with other killers as well. There is nothing op about Freddy other than he can stop survivors from abusing God loops.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

So boring, nothing interesting about him.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

He's easy to go against, it's the other survivors that tend to have trouble with him.

He's still an M1 Loopable killer, I don't get the frustration.

Playing as him, I've only played him on PS4 and I usually get 4k's but at like....the last gen done.

He's not for me, I don't get what makes him so good.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351
    edited April 2020

Low skill/mediocre survivors think he's op.

Red ranks make a joke out of him if they remember to stay awake.

He's already had his slow-down add-ons nerfed, which was ridiculous since they only added like 8% penalty to repair speeds.

He's essentially M1 with potential loop manipulation/destruction. Anyone who says he's op needs to learn to adapt to him. What happens is that survivors usually stomp on boosted Freddies and when they go up against a rank 1 Freddy with an optimal build+play style, they screw around thinking he's a potato but get quickly curb stomped, and when they realize he's not boosted, two people are already on death hook, without tunneling or camping.

Just don't dedicate to gens when they're not at least 85% whenever he teleports and you'll be fine.

A killer can only be op if even a potato can easily 4K with him at purple ranks or higher.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

He has almost no skill floor and minimum skill cap with a kit overloaded with passives that reward him for his mere existence. I just can't force myself to play as him or against him without falling asleep (pun intended). The only fun trick to pull off are teleport jukes, I'll concede that.

I've met a rank 1 Freddy who had 178h and was a hold-W gamer, so unlikely a smurf. Yesterday, I faced a rank 2 Forever Freddy who was another hold-W champion and I ran him for the whole sleep timer only because he didn't realize I had just woke up with a clock. All he did was to spam snares and bloodlust. He fell for window baits and any other trick in the book. Give him 2 neurons to realize I was awake and all he had to do was just to rotate while waiting for me to fall asleep again, because he doesn't even need to do anything for that to happen. I guess that's the minimum skill floor. And if you want to wake up you need either to run to the other end of the map, fail a skill check and reveal your location, or use a teammate and fall asleep again increasingly faster. The counter to him is to burn through pallets and genrush. He's simply another character that turns survivors into glorified NPCs and the killer into a single-player PvE game.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

Boring and braindead, ######### new Freddy!

One of the worst changes to a killer!

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

The way how he can spam snares at loops and completely deny them with very minimal effort is a bit too strong imo. He can just put 3 snares at a t l wall and ur dead,or at normal debri pallets unless u have dh ur not living. You can leave tiles but considering he has no movement speed penalty while placing em at all,you aren't gonna get far. Just waste pallets pretty much

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Boring to play as and against. All of them generally play the same way, and he's the one Killer that, if my teammates DC or suicide on hook, that I can understand and won't complain to them in end game chat.

• Murdle
    Murdle Member Posts: 119

Needs a slight nerf.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963

I see a lot of complaints lately so I think he will be the next target after Billy gets nerfed.

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142

Basically the most balanced killer in the game. Def top tier.

As survivor he can be annoying but a lot of times i get more mad at my teammates than freddy. I play soloQ a LOT LOT more than swf

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Nothing is actually OP about him, it's just Forever Freddy is boring as hell due to how reliant you are on your teammates having long chases. Other than that he's fine.

• Tokie
    Tokie Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2020

I really like playing as him but going against him every match can get a little old

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

Without snares he becomes a loopable m1 pushover that falls to basic memory skills and swf.

So no... hell no.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Honestly I look forward to playing against him. He's one of the few killers that can make me feel a little frightened