White Ward

hippsies
hippsies Member Posts: 22
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

Why is it you lose items/addons because of franklins? Kind of pointless to use the offering.

Comments

• hippsies

Also, before anyone says it makes you drop. What is the point of the offering then. The Killer doesn't drop their addons. Why should the survivor when they use their offering? We keep our items normally anyways, now I cant keep it when I burn a rare offering?

• hippsies
    edited April 2020

Sad seeing so many views but no comments. I am a killer main myself, but I feel this is an overlooked aspect of the survivor.

Just make it to when the white ward is utilized, if the survivor equips an item with addons, no matter what, whether the item is used or dropped, retain it. Just as you would the killer's addons. Only fair.

This should not count toward items found mid trial.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Franklin's is the counter to item usage.

All you have to do it pick it up again, it won't lose its charges anymore.

• hippsies
    edited April 2020

I get that is the counter to item usage. And I know that it is within the Franklin's Demise tooltip, but I feel it is a slight over advantage of the offering itself. You should be able to wash out items if used by survivors, but it should not be effective if protected by the entity with an offering.

Make the item dropped and ineffective, but if I bring something in with a ward to prevent it's loss, let it be

Post edited by hippsies on
  • hippsies

I guess I am looking toward the lore of the game in the sense that when offering, the entity will favor offering over perks, over items

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

Its simply because the way the offering works. It protects the item in your hand, no item no protection. This way you can play white ward without and item, find one in the match, die with it and take it home with you

Should it work like that? Probably not, but it does

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

IMO White Ward should be reworked to simply "You keep your current Item and addons no matter what happens in the Trial, excluding the use of a Key to unlock the Hatch.". The way it works after the addon rework for Survivors is just silly, and while Franklin's is an anti-item Perk potentially negating White Ward is a bit much, it doesn't need to impact Survivors after the match is over all that much.