Bad decisions from the developers once again with upcoming changes

So now all maps are getting super small? How is that going to make the game fun and balanced for everyone in the game?

-I have played in huge maps and still gotten a 4k as a killer now it will make it ultra easy for some killers to get a 4k in a small map.

- Anyone with the doctor, Legion or killers that put pressure could actually very easily now get a 4k in this small sized map since the doctor has been made so strong. This will just get annoying.

-A friend said that bloodlust should be eliminated if all maps are being reduced and loop areas are being nerfed. Makes sense. How is it fair that on top of getting loop areas nerfed, pallets reduced, maps reduced in size, now killers are also going to still have bloodlust to help them in a chase. Makes no sense at all

-If all these changes for survivors are now getting nerfed, the developers should start making nerfs to killer perks that with these changes are just going to be extremely OP and anyone who is a terrible killer will pretty much be able to kill anyone without even trying.

-Honestly tired of killer mains complaining of everything in this game when you still have to work very hard to escape some matches. I can play killer and still do really well without all this adjustments. The game should be balanced on both sides. I dont see survivors complaining that much about many things that are actually unfair but killers are always complaining about every small detail.

How will all this changes make the game balanced on both sides? It only keeps the game getting more sided on one side. In this ocassion it will be killer sided. Game keeps killing it self and killers still want more nerfs for survivors that will make the game not competitive and super boring. It should be balanced enough to make sure that both sides have the same amount of possibility of winning.

Comments

• Calisto_667
    Calisto_667 Member Posts: 137

If they want to nerf god loops that is absolutely fine since some survivors abuse them and make them invincible but glad you agree with me with the maps being reduced. How is that going to work with pressure killers? Its just going to be a waste of time playing against them

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Did they mentioned the magnitude for map size change? AFAIK they don't. So where did your "maps are getting too small" come from?

• Calisto_667

Sounds like someone needs to practice more with killer lmao. I disagree :)

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

True. And if it turns out it makes them too small, it will only cause people to disconnect or suicide on first hook to avoid playing that killer which is gonna be bad for game health. But if some of the maps are medium size then I'm okay with that. Same with removing the god loops

• Calisto_667

I agree with you. I dont think that the devs are thinking of all the effects that this changes will cause

• Calisto_667

Hahahaha lmao you should be used to it by now in this game or no? xD

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

I can already see trouble in smaller maps with huge TR doctors around...

Hope it ain't the case but jesus that's gonna be unfun if it ends up being that way.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I think you should. They never mentioned the magnitude of map size change.

Please, do me a favor, don't embarrass yourself further anymore.

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

Not every killer can be like Billy/Spirit/Freddy/Oni who can zoom/teleport across large maps to put pressure on gens. Killers like Clown/Shape/Bubba/etc. have a hard time dealing with large maps, and had to use the old Hex: Ruin to be able to defend gens. Making the large maps smaller is mostly a buff to the weaker killers who are helpless against far away gens that they can't reach, unless they want to spend over 40+ seconds walking to it.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

This is ######### posting. PTB isn't even out and your already letting your thoughts out. PLAY THE PTB BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR DAMN MOUTH!

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

They are making some of the huge maps a bit smaller, nothing more. There's no reason to assume that these maps will become way too small for survivors to not have a chance to win.

This game needs map changes for killers to have better chances to combat the fast gen repair speed of survivors. These changes look like they are going in a really good direction to give killers more counterplay, so they don't end up feeling like they didn't have a chance to win.

The fact is that survivors are suffering through far longer queue times than killers, and I am hopeful that these changes will even queue times out again. BUt there's no reason that these changes will make certain maps killer sided.

The only map I am a bit worried about is Coal Tower, since it's getting it's window fixed and it will see some tile changes, and I think that map is already perfectly balanced.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I imagine it will be like the Original Pale Rose map compared to the Current Pale Rose map.

The changes will be noticeable, but they're not going to exactly be game changing by themselves. The tile and jungle gym changes on top of it though are what make this patch very exciting.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I don't see how this is a bad change in any way, some loops were too strong and needed to be addressed, now you won't be able to run around the killer effortlessly for 2 minutes around the same loop.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Maps shouldn't be super huge glad they are downsizing them

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

After playing this game for over 3 years now, It still suprises me.

• Calisto_667

I can comment what I want if you dont like it look elsewhere. PTB is for PC I am PS4. :) Dont care if you got offended you baby

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

The breakable walls on Rancid Abbatoir and McMillan has me tickled beyond pink OMG. I am beyond sick of those windows being abused over and over and over and over and over. Basically having to leave the survivor unless you wanted 1 kill.

Having said that, as someone who plays a lot of solo survivor, they better not make the maps too much smaller. I'm a little concerned but we'll just have to see tomorrow. I would argue only Purgation is the only one that needed to be slightly smaller. That is a HUGE guaranteed 4K for any killer that has a brain, and there's no quicker way to kill this game when survivors have all left because they can't win unless they team up on discord. I don't want to get all sweaty with 3 survivors just to have a chance at escaping. It's already hard enough to win playing solo as it is.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Wonder why i only see Billys and freddies at rank 1?, maybe because its not fun to get gen rush and have literally no way to pressure the map.

Let's say you get 1 down, 30 seconds, pretty fast, by the time you hook him, an try to go on Fractured cowshed from shack to the main builiding you might as well let the gen go.

If you think this update is bad, you may not belong in to red ranks, keep in mind you can always stay in green rank with players on your level.

Don't take it personal, the game needed this since RELEASE. Go ask everyone that plays this game since 2016 they all say to you the same thing myself included.

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    edited April 2020

I’ll just say that you may be 100% correct and this may make killers stronger then intended. Much like another change made survivor gen speed incredibly strong. What’s the point of this post? To let us know the Devs might make one side stronger then the other? Yeah, that has been happening for years and every time a new change for balance purposes is introduced we either get a decent change that is acceptable or a god damn table flip that takes months to fix or band aid fix with a new perk.

I get your concerned but all the devs can do is try to fix a problem, give it a small test on PtB, and release it with good intentions. If it makes life hell for survivors, just know that it will be addressed in another update.

God forbid one side have to struggle for a long time because of a dev change that wrecked a certain level of balance cough gen speed cough.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

For months, especially after the ruin nerf killers have been begging devs to do something about gen speeds. the response was always "Maps should be smaller" and "git gud"

So the devs listen and make maps smaller.

Now you guys complain that they are making maps smaller.

Wut?

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

SWFs first need to be balanced before map sizes.

Old hex Ruin was removed so that BHVR could get more realiable stats, sure maps need to be addressed but SWF should be balanced and maps reviewed afterwards as they would have a bigger affect.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

That would be great actually. Pale Rose in particular was one of the most unbalanced maps in the game, but now since it's rework, I would say it's one of the most balanced maps in the game.

• Hsizzle
    Hsizzle Member Posts: 74

you must be new im actually rolling from this response. stunning doesnt cut bloodlust

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I agree about Bloodlust, it's a relic of old times where chases were hard for killers but a lot have changed and it's time to remove it.

As for the rest, smaller maps (like Coal Tower) are the best for everyone since there is more interaction killer-survivor. I wouldn't consider it a real nerf to survivors since they too have travel time to account for. Also smaller maps mean less dead zones.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Hey, no need to be needling someone. We all main someone, killer or survivor. It really diminishes thoughtful arguments when people are petty and snipe at each other. Something that's really lacking in this game is sportsmanship.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

Honestly I don't think there cutting map sizes just how each section of the map fits with the others. No more jungle gyms that transfers into T L walls and the like.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Devs made really good changes this patch.

Bloodlust can definitely be removed once maps are balanced.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

Actually... Only 5 maps are reworked size-wise and those are like the biggest ones in the game... Plus, we don’t even know how big those changes are or how it will affect the game.

• Calisto_667

I did not agree with ruin change as well as killer mains did not. I dont see how the old ruin was any bad. I thought it was fun to find the hex and hit the great skill checks to not get the ruin checks.

• Calisto_667

Right... if you come at me dont expect me to be angry about it. If someone is rude then expect sarcasm from me.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

The changes are good but you would hope that now maps are smaller and loops/tiles made easier for killer, Hillbilly can finally be nerfed.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Sorry, but this is a great change to maps, in my opinion.

• rubixscube
    rubixscube Member Posts: 19

Calisto, i find your attitude extremely unhealthy for the community.

the whole point of your thread revolves around something that is plains wrong, since you said "all maps are getting smaller", which is not the case, and which you should know if you read the dev notes.

however, despite your blatant immature complaining, you still call people "babies" and say they're "offended" when they tell you to think before typing. maybe you SHOULD definitely think before typing, don't you... think?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I play both sides and the repair changes make me curious. They're trying to combat gen rushing as an issue, by encouraging people working on seperate gens? That's exactly how gen rushes work...people on seperate gens at once.

• Calisto_667

I respect your opinion :) Wish everyone would respond like you did. Then I wont have to be sarcastic at them. I agree with the loop adjustment. Some loops are almost imposible to get the survivors and you get gen rushed. The reason why I dont agree so much making maps smaller is because of the pressure killers like Legion and doctor. They will be almost invincible in smaller maps. Just get the Hawkins or the Gideon with the doctor. Its a really hard map to go against them . Thanks for your comment though

• Calisto_667

You are right actually. Havent thought about it but its true

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Like most of the changes are decent, but that's just baffling to me. And good players (the rushers) already hit great checks. Now they progress more.

So good players (the ones causing the "gen rush problem") are made and encouraged to be more effective.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Your entitled to say whatever you want, and I'm not offended. I'm simply saying give it chance before being negative about it, and since you can't participate in PTB sit tf down, keep ya damn mouth shut, and watch from the backseat and than form an opinion.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Killers - “Glad survivors need to have skill to win now”

Also killers - “camp and NOED is a legit strategy 😎”

The hypocrisy is staggering.

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

There maps that killers take 40 seconds to get the other side, if you think that nowadays we can do a gen in 16 seconds... It's challenge for me is ok, I am main survivor and I hope this change can help killers because it was boring to wait 10 minutes for a march and you can escape in 5 minutes due to genrush and big maps

This discussion has been closed.