Soo when is ds rework coming?

Comments

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited April 2020

This is amazing.

You are amazing.

The logic in your sentence literally speaks for me.

I'm not being sarcastic. Thank you for this.

You have my upvote.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

The fact that my comment has 1 upvote is making me unsure if this is sarcasm

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

"I would love a NOED rework , but it doesn't mean I will get it."

here

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

you keep calling a buff a nerf. i think you are confused.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Why should DS be deactivated when entering a locker? You shouldn’t be wasting your time going for that survivor by eating DS or waiting 60 seconds. Look for SOMEONE ELSE.

If you choose to eat it, don’t complain.

• Rey_512

Sure. But I’m making the killer eat my DS first or waste 60 seconds of his time because I’m going straight into a locker if he’s tunneling.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited April 2020

Sometimes there is quite literally no one else. Why should I have to go out of my way to find the immersed P3 Claudette who is getting all these unhooks when the bright blue Laurie is so clearly and obviously ignoring my presence because of her "basically-invincibility" as she goes off leaving scratch marks everywhere, does generators, totems and other super-aggro BS as if I'm not even there?

And then if I do chase her: Would you look at that, the stupid locker trick. What absolute bullshit, to be guaranteed protection because you hopped within the confines of a square box. Were I not working for the Entity I'd use my knife, Clawed glove, sword, whatever to stab you through the throat then and there.

Which, I'll admit, is a tad aggressive of a response so I'll wind back a little bit.

"A key point to remember about Dead By Daylight is that a survivor should never feel safe under any circumstances, they should always be on edge and in some kind of tension, if not something is very clearly wrong with the power role of the killer. The ability to jump in a locker and force a killer to eat the DS absolutely and unbearably spits in the face of this idea, allowing a survivor to feel completely safe within the confines of a red box."

The change to deactivate the perk when a survivor hops into a locker is made because as it stands this trick survivors use only serves to enable the type of playstyle and behavior that you would think you wouldn't be seeing from survivors running for their lives from a supernatural or otherwise incredibly strong and malicious killer. You want to stay alive? How about you actually run away or hide then.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Given that the game only seems to be about the killer enjoyment as this point I’d imagine DS will be reworked quite soon.

• Thatbrownmonster

maps get balanced soo there is more variety of killers

-GAME ONLY SEEMS TO BE ABOUT KILLER ENJOYMENT

hahaha i love this community

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Seriously? I guess because you are saying that because in the next patch maps will become more balanced for killers now?

I guess we are at that point in the game's life cycle, where one side gets buffed in one patch, and the other side immediately cries that the devs only care about the side that's getting buffed. Completely ignoring the balance changes or the context of those changes.

• ClickyClicky

Or maybe the hyperbole was due to how many people complain here daily that the game is only about survivor fun?

They addressed some of the biggest killer complaints and thats good, but so far nothing about the biggest survivor complaints.

• ad19970

What are the biggest survivor complaints though? I mean for me it would be camping and tunneling, but that's less a balance issue because those aren't op strategies or anything, a killer can still play normally and probably do better. Whereas maps and the upcoming changes have an impact on how well killers can do on those maps, so they affect the balance of a match completely.

I'm not saying that camping or tunneling isn't a problem though, I definitely hope those strategies will be nerfed some day.

I do agree that after this patch, the devs should probably look into some of the biggest frustrations that survivors have as well.

• Gamingwalrus51
    Gamingwalrus51 Member Posts: 45

Decisive strike locker hiding is so common that people without dstrike are literally doing it to avoid getting killed. If i see a survivor jump in to a locker right in front of me, im straight up tanking it. Sometimes the survivors dont have the perk because there is a pretty high chance to get away with that trick

• ClickyClicky

Well thats it, camping and tunneling.

For years now killers have wanted 2 things - more time, some problematic maps reworked. Finally they get that.

Survivors just want less camping/tunneling. Both strategies can still be incredibly strong against non-swf. Its not healthy for the game and needs to be worked on next.

Once thats done the game will be in a good spot, bugs aside.

• ad19970

Well lets wait then. This patch feels a lot like BHVR trying to make killer mains understand that they don't just care for survivors. And if the map changes are as impactful as I believe they will be, then I think the devs will also start taking a look at camping and tunneling as well.

I could definitely imagine less people being against camping and tunneling once more maps are made balanced, so after this update the devs would also not have to fear as much about being accused of being survivor sided if they look at ways to nerf camping and tunneling.

People who think killers should be buffed again and again but are then strictly against any nerfs to camping or tunneling, well I feel like those people are just too biased to be paid attention too.

• Rey_512

I get it. Sometimes the unhooker doesn’t try to get the killer’s attention and you’re left chasing the freshly unhooked survivor. Depending on the situation, I’ll eat the DS or slug. Usually slug if it’s 1 or 2 gens left or if I see someone right after...

But remember that it’s a GAME. Survivors don’t HAVE to be scared of anything. Sorry if you expect players to feel that way, but those that have played this game for a while and are competitive will not have that “fear factor”, with or without DS.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Devs have recently mentioned that DS is being looked at - They'll probably wait until map changes are live before pulling the trigger on anything.

• Seiko300

You should remember it's a HORROR game. One that should retain as much of it's fear factor to the furthest extent possible, and sure eventually desensitization becomes a thing and you are used to the kind of horror that the game dishes out, however garbage like this doesn't do the game any favors in that regard. If it doesn't help to preserve the fear factor of the game but rather harms it, it should not be in the horror game to begin with in the first place.

To that end this is when the game swaps from "fear factor" in veterans who are no longer afraid to "Tension", even if veterans are no longer afraid of the big man with bits of metal and a beartrap sticking through his shoulder wielding a cleaver they should still feel the tension of the situation. Because they don't have tools to fight back so they have to run, or hide, DS in its current state dismantles that tension by giving veterans a tool that they can use to consistently fight back. Hence why it needs a change

A change not to alter its original intended function, which is to keep survivors from being immediately tunneled off the hook, but to prevent the perk from overextending its use and enabling survivors to make aggressive plays and not be punished for it.

It must:

Be deactivated whenever entering a locker

Be deactivated upon exiting a range of 32 or 40 meters from a killer

Be deactivated upon beginning to repair a generator

All for reasons that I have already gone into greater detail within the post you originally responded to.

• Rey_512

Have you ever considered people get into lockers to COUNTER said tunneling? That needs to stay.

• Seiko300

It absolutely does not need to stay and the fact that you say it does proves survivors have become far too comfortable with this crutch strategy to see it go. Much like how Killers were far too comfortable with the crutch use of pre-reworked Ruin

I've already said it twice before and I'll say it again, if you really are being tunneled the various ways the perk would be deactivated should not affect you. The perk will remain active as long as you have not attempted to repair a generator or exited the range of 32 or 40 meters, if you're being actively tunneled neither of these conditions should be met and you'll be able to use your DS to avoid getting hooked immediately after getting unhooked.

Not to mention, perks aren't generally supposed to be 100% guaranteed fail-safe proof to work. If you run unbreakable there is no guarantee you'll be able to use it, or if you run Dead Hard there's no guarantee you'll get use out of it because a killer can anticipate it and make a long lunge catching you at the end or just never swing early to allow you to use it. If I Hex: Ruin there's no guarantee it won't be broken within the first minute of the match, or if I run corrupt intervention I have no guarantee I'll get any use out if it because the survivors could just stay immersed for the first 2 minutes of the match. In the same way decisive strike isn't guaranteed to work either, you could miss the skillcheck, you could get slugged and none of your teammates decide to heal you up. That's just how the cookie crumbles

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

It's invincibility not invisibility

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

DS has already been reworked, yet, people still complain about it. I think it's fine, just don't tunnel the person that was just unhooked or if you do, wait 60 seconds before picking them up.

• TR_stonez
    TR_stonez Member Posts: 54

If you know they have it Just eat it get it over early game

• plunder
    plunder Member Posts: 74

Borrowed time is fine. I do feel like it should turn off when gens are finished but that's it. Ds again is ok but I do agree that it should be tie in with being the obsession considering it makes you a higher chance of being one. Such as if you are the obsession its 60 secs if you are not its half the duration of 30 seconds.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

I mean it kind of still is an anti-tunnel perk. I mean if the person gets off the hook and the first thing they do is a gen then grab them and either hope they miss or just laugh because now it's wasted and they are running away and go slug them. I mean honestly if they DS you good chance is it is because you TUNNELED. You do not need to grab them you can slug them and wait the timer out if you really need to tunnel that bad.

• Danky
    Danky Member Posts: 219

i could also drop u from using DS as the killer. rework the perk so if the killer hooks another person then its gone. as thats not tunneling.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

You make some points but then again I kind of disagree. I mean I do not like the locker trick but if the survivor wants to hide in their then go ahead and waste time. lol

As to all the deactivation ideas I mean they sound kind of crazy. I should have to pick between doing a gen or hoping the killer doesn't tunnel me? He could just slug me and wait the timer out while looking for others around me? It is what I do when I am afraid the survivor has DS. Also if there is one gen left and the person with DS is on it and you slug them there is a very high chance that if not one but all the team will come to heal them and fix the gen so you kind of got a nice setup for a trap there. Just an idea not saying I am right but just a idea.

Then the idea of it deactivating if out of the killer's terror radius. A couple things to this. What if it is a killer with a tiny radius? The killer loses you for a split second your perk stops and boom its back and he tunnels you. I mean just because I ran out of the killers radius does not mean he did not see my scratch marks and is not chasing towards me. I from experience have no joke cut killers off only to have them ignore me to go after the person halfway across the map who though they might be safe. I mean a killer could purposefully let the survivor get out of range only to run right back at them then. It would be no different then waiting the timer out at that point.

I mean you have some valid points like the locker thing which I do agree on pretty much. I do have to ask though can you maybe show me a video of this DS in a locker trick? I mean personally I do not use DS but I keep hearing about this bug but never seen it and can't even find it when I look online. If this is something like DS procs without getting of the hook but by going in the locker that is a bit annoying. I just do not know what the bug is so would like to see it.

• ClickyClicky

A lot of killers camp. A Hillbilly for example can instadown one while they’re unhooking, then slug the other. Hook them in the right order and no DS even though this lame ass just camped the hook.

• ZackSax
    ZackSax Member Posts: 18

It's more like a 5/10 chance. Decisive Strike is a very useful perk to people who y'know..for the people who get tunneled. Most of the times when I hit it, I get away and am able to heal and usually do a gen. Without decisive strike, killers would have too much of an advantage.

• Danky
    Danky Member Posts: 219

if a killer camps and the survivor gets tunneled off the hook then they have DS.

u use a example of a billy but the point of DS is anti-tunneling, the same thing could be true for a plague and survivor doesnt cleanse. if a billy downs someone @ or by the hook thats not tunneling still.

• Seiko300

I'll say it again because I think the generator one is probably one of the most important, though the locker trick is so frequently and commonly used, and the Range deactivation is such common sense you'd think it would be a base mechanic so really they're all equally important.

I'll quote myself again

"if you feel safe enough to repair a generator while still injured, there is no reason for you to have the perk still active."

The alternate way of saying this is: you shouldn't be repairing a generator right in front of the killer after you were just unhooked less than 60 seconds ago. That's your choice to pull that kind of a stunt and it's one that should get you killed for being dumb, but DS being the crutch perk that it is allows you to make any stupid aggressive plays you want to as a survivor and still get away with it.

As for your second question, I thought of this beforehand that's why I never ever used the words "Terror Radius". You can look back and read my original comment to confirm I specifically used the word "Range" and compared it to a perk for survivors that already exists and operates similarly to how I imagine DS should operate.

Range is not reliant on the Terror Radius in any way, DS will remain active as long as the killer is within a certain meters of you. Once you are outside of that range the perk automatically deactivates. This way, you still get to use DS against killers who are blatantly using their stealth abilities or undetectable status effect to camp and tunnel you.

Anyway, the locker trick isn't a bug. It's a blatant abuse of mechanics to put survivors in an extremely safe situation, basically if you are running DS and it's active and you jump into a locker what does the killer do? Either walk away or grab you out of it. Say he does grab you out of it, where do you go? Not on the ground, immediately on his shoulder, and what perk allows you to jump off a killer's shoulder because of an invisible piece of glass? Yep, DS. This applies to all scenarios where a survivor could be grabbed, which is why it is also so important to make sure the perk deactivates when you start repairing a generator, not only is the survivor playing super aggressively (more than their role should allow) but they are also baiting you into grabbing them so you're hit with decisive.

I don't have any footage of my own gameplay (since I don't record my games) and I don't know if anybody else has done a video on it since it's just a kind of common sense / logic thing. I hope my explanation will suffice

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

DS already got a rework, and it should stay exactly how it is.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

so you want to be DS'd on first down? ok then. because that's how old DS was, you didn’t even have to be hooked

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

What if DS only activates if the killer is within 40 meters of the unhook? I don’t really think it needs a nerf, but if I were going to give it a healthy one, I’d say that would be it, as it still provides the survivor plenty of time to hide and escape with if the killer isn’t on trigger range, just in case a killer came back from such a range, but also ensures that if a killer is within range to “tunnel” the perk can activate in case that’s what the killer was planning on.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

I can't get over the fact you're saying invisibility instead of invincibility. It's also crazy for you to suggest they're invincible considering how many survivors complain about being slugged because of DS and have to sit there doing nothing for a minute..

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

Just make it where as soon as you get unhooked you get teleported to a far part of the but but the entity blocks you from doing gens until fully healed or 30 seconds has passed

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Go for the unhooker instead.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

If you nerf DS, NoED has to be nerfed too.

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295

Yeah,thats how it should be

• Thatbrownmonster

and why is that?

noed can be disabled before it even activates

ds can't unless….I camp the person with ds!

• FatNeek69
    FatNeek69 Member Posts: 4

How could you rework ds? It has already been done. It is needed for fat tunneling neeks who dont have anyone by the time 1 gen is done

• Squid
    Squid Member Posts: 0

The only thing I hate about DS is when an unhooked survivor starts repairing a generator, I grab them... and get DS'd. It works with any other action that progresses the game. It's just annoying.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Wow, I guess I never replied.

No, it was not sarcasm. I hope you know by now my stance on DS being fine the way it is.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

Technically you can counter DS via a Mori.

Personally I think DS should preemptively deactivate if you do anything to progress the game-state. (Touch a generator, a totem, heal or unhook someone, sabo a hook, etc.)

DS wouid still work against tunnelers, just as soon as you decide to get back into the game and contribute to the match, you''re no longer under the protection of DS.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

D's locker strat is fine. If they fix mori off first hook then I'd agree with you. Also it's not anti tunnel. Never has been never will be. Its anti momentum.

• Veeramid
    Veeramid Member Posts: 113

Well it should be used like an anti-tunneling perk say after being unhooked the timer activates for 20/25/30 seconds and while in chase or downed the timer pauses but if you work on a gen then the timer ends instantly also no skill check its just a click of LB or whatever it is on other consuls or pc to ds them.

• Squid
    Squid Member Posts: 0

The only thing I hate about DS is when an unhooked survivor starts repairing a generator, I grab them... and get DS'd. It works with any other action that progresses the game. It's just annoying.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

The perk is fine in theory. The only thing that needs changed is the fact that you can jump into a locker (or sit on a gen, etc.) in the killer's face and they can't do anything about it. That's lame.