Soo when is ds rework coming?

Ds at the moment is a mandatory perk on red ranks because it gives survivors invisibility for 1 minute

I am really hoping for ds to be changed soo it gets canceled if you start doing a generator/totem, or if start healing other survivors

DS should be what it was meant to- a anti-tunneling perk, not a "killers can't do anything against me for 1 minute"

Comments

• asparagus
    asparagus Member Posts: 133

If you guys are talking about Desisive Strike then yes it already has been reworked. And no it was way stronger before cause as I’d remember you were able to use it anytime Not after unhook. If you’re a killer main I’d just deal with it but for survivor, personally I see no use in it if the killer will just tunnel me afterwards.

• asparagus

So to as I was saying it seems balanced to me knowing that you can’t use it anytime and not after unhook

• asparagus

Ok ok I just wanna know if people are wanting a ds rework so bad, What are you thinking?

tell me what you’d want done to it.

• OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

Literally count to 60 or eat the stun that gets negated anyway if you chase them for 20 seconds on any killers. It's not rocket science. And if DS is your biggest issue you're bad at juggling. If it's late game, someone gets hooked, unhooked, and then you get DS'd then yeah its annoying. But if it's late game, you get DS'd, and this happens frequently it means you aren't applying enough pressure throughout the game.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    edited July 2020

It's really only strong at the end game.

But my guess is right after the noed nerf!

Post edited by Clevite on
  • shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

Why do you need to leave sombody alone for 60 seconds. That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If I see you in going for you. My objective is to kill you. Lol leave me alone for 60 seconds

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
  • GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    edited April 2020

DS at end game is really the only time I hate it. I feel like borrowed time and DS make the end of the game impossible for killers. It's mad frustrating that there's nothing you can do. If you had a bad game and the other three survivors are all alive and off hooks. There's nothing you can do to stop the unhook. 3 survivors run for the unhook. You have to swing at one eventually. Pull the guy off. He spends the entire time trying to force a body block. Between all three of them body blocking there's no way to get any of them before the gate.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Fair Balance for DS would be if you are 20 secs out of killer TR its desactivate and multiuse. If you start repair a gen, cleanse a totem or any interaction except vault desactivate it.

• OtakuBurrito

Your job as killer is to please the entity. If you ever bothered to see emblem break down you see that tunneling a survivors hurts your score BIG TIME. You can pip up not killing anyone as long as you exhaust every hook, chase, and palette.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

That could be on lower ranks but not on red ranks maybe hooking everyone twice and good gameplay you could pip

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

anyone who says DS isnt over powered is either in denial or not a good survivor, i dont understand why so many people seem to find it so hard to understand and usually if you ever say its OP you get called a killer main or trash etc. but funny enough i play more survivor and im not oblivious to how strong the perk is, hell all the killer does is see an obsession and theyre worried about DS that just shows you how strong it can be, the issue is the ranking is #########, Thats it you can compare half the games because some games you can get 11-12 hooks with 0 gens done and other games 6hooks with every gen done, honestly a good team that isnt afraid to do gens and have a meta build will easily win and destroy any killer. but DS is a killer issue, there are more survivors and people never want balance and everyone to have fun, if they did people would understand and wouldnt purposefully try bully people in matchs or send hate in the chat after the game

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Buff the timer to 90 seconds.

DS deactivates if you touch a gen, get full heal or killer downs another survivor.

If you're full heal or work on a gen, that means you are not getting tunneled so DS is pointless.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

The decisive strike reworks will happen:

-When Patch 1.3.0 releases

-When Patch 1.4.0 releases

-When Patch 2.6.0 releases

-When Patch 2.6.3 releases.

2.6.0 will carry the biggest change I'm pretty sure.

Oh wait these have already happened.

So you're saying you'd rather have the perk be a 5 second stun for hitting a skillcheck with no counterplay, with them needing to do nothing, instead of a 5 second stun which can be slugged or ignored or a lot of things? Personally I'd take the current version over anything we've had before to do with ds.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

leave them alone to do gens? dafuq dude, if I hooked someone else in the mean time I won't let your stupid ass work on a gen in front of me cause you've got a minute to jerk off, sorry but no

• OtakuBurrito

if a survivor is bold enough to do a gen in your face that means your prescense as killer is garbage. any killer that is "sweating" no survivor is going to ######### with them after they get their ass handed to them the first time.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

Don't you tell me you don't know those cocky survivors, yeah, it's always killer's fault, yeah, you're right, you are defo right.

Bruh, ain't no talking about rank 20s but about purple and red ranks where this gets mostly abused

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

Only perk that matches that criteria for Survivors is selfcare. Want to nerf selfcare more? lmao

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429

Can't believe people are still asking for DS reworks when it is way better right now.

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613

I wouldn't mind it just being removed, it's a boring perk (survivor main) I hate running DS waste of a perk slot, 9/10 you just gonna get hit again anyways

• CaptainSkel
    CaptainSkel Member Posts: 24

Survivors that say DS is only used to counter tunneling don't play much killer. I'd say that DS isn't that bad on its own but when every survivor you're playing against has it, it has very little counter play. Survivors are constantly abusing borrowed time and DS together to make it very difficult for the killer to do anything. The normal counterplay of slugging them is countered by the survivors getting in the locker or using unbreakable.

If you're playing well there will be times where a survivor runs in and unhooks a survivor right in front of you, they eat a hit and maybe go down sure, but now the unhooked survivor has borrowed time and you gotta chase them twice just to eat a DS if you catch them. Or you could go for the unhooker but whoops, it's only been fifty-five seconds since you last hooked them so now you're stunned for five seconds again.

DS as it is now encourages survivors to play in a counter-intuitive way with very little way for killers to interact. I think the simple suggestion mentioned earlier in the thread that DS ends upon performing game actions I think is a great way to keep it a simple anti-tunneling perk. Are you really getting tunneled if you're unhooking someone directly in front of the killer?

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I eat DS like I eat pain.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Survivors like it the way it is, so it's not getting changed any time soon.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

If DS is supposed to be an anti-tunneling perk then yes it needs a rework only because of SWF groups on comms as it is abused.

Many of the ideas above show that people have thought about this and is used as an anti-momentum, 2nd chance and free escape perk that only needs one person for the killer to have to play around.

The nerf being the perk should deactivate if the survivor does any action apart from the movement of their character (walking, standing, crouching, pointing, falling etc). So this would mean the minute they enter a locker, start healing, cleaning a totem, touching a generator the perk would end.

The buff being the time increases so if the killer does slug then they can waste valuable time waiting to pick them up and they can always run unbreakable.

• Yrakaz4
    Yrakaz4 Member Posts: 75

If you can down 2 more survivors in 60 seconds then you shouldnt complain about anything. Sounds like you've got a win in the bag. They nerfed it once already. Go on to the other survivors if you can down them.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Have you ever got hit with DS after hooking 1 or 2 other survivors? it's not a fact of ignoring a survivor for 60 seconds, it's the fact that DS still punishes killer's when they aren't even tunneling because a survivor made a bad play

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Thats like saying a park filled with garbage and delinquents is fine once you clean up the garbage but let the gangs rob other citizens.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

I would love a NOED rework , but it doesn't mean I will get it.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

noed

-Can be deactivate before it's use

-can be deactivated when in use

-Up to 100 seconds wasted to counter it

DS

-Cannot be deactivated

-Up to 4 minutes wasted to counter it

-Survivors becomes invisible during that time

I still cannot understand this "you can't nerf that if you don't nerf that" mentality

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

DS needs changing but NOED is “in a pretty good spot”, so say the killer mains.

Just keep running this game into the ground.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Why are you comparing the two perks? Where did you see me comparing noed and ds? Did you even read and understand what I said or you didn't bother and just wanted to show off your knowledge of the perks? lol

Also , can you please not put quotes that have 0 relation to what I had said? I'd say that the mentality of people who assume stuff (like you) is worse than those who you are quoting there in the end.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

It's fine as it is unless your the type that tunnels, I literally never get hit by it unless I want the user to waste it so it doesn't get in the way later. I also always take the stun if they hop into a locker in front of me because as said earlier it just makes them waste it and more often than not it kills them and their team later when i snowball or start putting to much pressure onto them.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Did you know that in the 60s I am completely invincible with my DS up that I can do an entire gen with a few great skill checks? The perk is obviously fine, just slug me, oh wait is that a locker 3ft away from my gen? Lol come at me bro, I'm about to shank you and run away. JuStDoNtTuNnElBrO!

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

The perk is already complicated and has a long list of prerequisites. A lot of the ideas are from the perspective of The Killers experience but no one wants to talk about what the Survivor endures. This is the only perk that some what helps with tunneling and people want to add additional prerequisites and deactivation conditions. I'm fine with narrowing the reach of the perk to just tunneling but it isn't even effective at it right now. Where are the ideas to improve the effectiveness of DS at dealing with being tunneled?

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

I agree with this DS rework.. Make survivors Invisible for 60 seconds instead of being able to stun the killer.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

If you downed 2 survivors in 60 seconds then i dont think a ds will hurt that much

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

Mories too so surely you don’t mind getting moried of hook.