Survivor mains/people who play both sides whats your opinion on this midchapter?

Options

I feel like this midchapter will really help alot of weaker killers like clown or legion but wont make survivor too hard. What do you think?

Comments

• Gamingwalrus51
    Gamingwalrus51 Member Posts: 45
    Options

I like to play both survivor and killer and i think these changes are deserved, especially god loops that should have been deleted ages ago.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216
    Options

so far it's okay. The fact that they nerfed gen speeds but buffed prove thyself and stakeout is kind of weird. I am a rank 4 survivor and rank 4 killer and with survivor the only trouble i have is with bugs and latency and with killer it's gens going too quickly. It's a step in the right direction but not a big one

• bgbomb
    bgbomb Member Posts: 434
    Options

Idk

About the map change,we need to see the new map to know how good it is.

About the gen speed it still punish so little for 2 people(44->46)but punish so much for 4 people,and because of that it would still not help killer for slow down the early gems but make 3 gen more stronger.

would it really be more fun for bothside?

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

As an equal player (I play both sides) I'm actually looking forward to it.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I'm looking forward to it. I feel bad going to a god loop as Survivor and I hate being able to do so little as Killer.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

I used to play both. Dont touch survivor anymore though because it became a headache.

The changes are good. “god loops” were horrendous. They took no skill to use but wasted so much time. They were too strong for how easy they were to use, so they were basically the Hillbilly of loops. It also took the fun out of the game when you get something like ironworks, wretched shop or grim pantry and each survivor runs there over and over again. Every survivor, every chase.

The real question is....what took them so long?

As for gen times, meh. Small changes but it didn’t really need massive changes. The fact that strong areas are being changed means survivors will go down faster which helps pressure to slow down gens, and with maps being shrunk it means less walking which means more map pressure. The latter 2 changes will have an effect on gen times so gens themselves dont actually need to be much slower.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I've always said that map size and tile layout is the biggest thing to make the game more fair.. not buffing killer powers or perks. So, depending on how the maps look tomorrow, we'll have a better idea of how it all balances out. I think it's better for the game overall, but god damn they should have done this a couple years ago instead of changing the smaller things first, because they just might have to adjust or revert some of they changes they've done to killers and their perks to make up for the boost this update will give them.

I also think that this will bring casual killer players to a good spot, and will bring already-good killer players to godly status. We shall see!

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,183
    Options

We haven't seen how they change those maps yet. Anything currently are just speculation.

So.. let's wait for PTB first before judging this patch.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

FINALLY, HIGHER SENSITIVITY ON CONSOLE, MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!

AND A LEGION QOL CHANGE!

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

This is a great one!

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    Options

this a great change, no more easy and boring game when i play survivor, and more fair game when i play killer i can't complain, now i need to really train playing surv and not get carried by maps and gen time

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited April 2020
    Options

I think it sounds ok. While it does seem like it will help weaker killers, the thing is it also benefits the already strong killers too. So nothing is going to change as far as killers like Freddy, Spirit, Billy being used in very high volume. Those killers will now have easier games so we will have to see if it’s too much or not. People aren’t going to switch to Clown and Legion now.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    Options
  • Leyoyo
    Leyoyo Member Posts: 105
    Options

I am rank one on both side and this change is great

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited April 2020
    Options

I like where it's going,but it's too soon to tell because we haven't played PTB yet.

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429
    Options

Not sure how the PTB is gonna turn out, loving the gen changes and all, however with the survivors getting more and more nerfs to their survivability we're gonna need something soon, loops are all getting severely nerfed/instaheals gone (thank god for that actually)

Some maps are gonna be smaller (Not sure yet how much) which could be troublesome to deal with some killers (looking at you Doctor)

It's really up to be seen how it turns out in the test, but for now these are just my concerns so far.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698
    Options

As a Clown/Legion main im really excited. I also think Survivor will be much more fun with intense chases instead of boring looping.

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301
    edited April 2020
    Options

I play Survivor and Killer nearly equally. Maybe 55% Survivor / 45% Killer or 60% Survivor / 40% Killer.

I think all of the changes (besides the Prove Thyself buff) are all good updates to this game. Finally, there has been an actual tweak to generator repair time, and the few second difference can be the difference between just getting to a gen, or the survivors seeing you coming but committing anyway because they know you move slower than the generator is.

The elimination of god-loops is also a great change. Survivors will often abuse them and think they're great at looping killers around the map. With the elimination of them, it will expose survivors that have map knowledge, strategy, and quick-thinking and differentiate them from those who actually don't know how to loop a killer at all.

Lastly, scaling down certain maps that are too large to be more in line with other maps is a great decision, that will hopefully provide more viability to lower mobility killers.

The devs did a great job with this update.

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187
    Options

One of the best updates ever because there's evidence of Devs listening to the community *very* well

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187
    Options

Bro chill, almost every survivor nerf has had a trade off, the same couldn't be said for killer this past year

• Enlyne
    Enlyne Member Posts: 429
    Options

Not going nuts over it or anything, just saying it can backfire badly on the long run, just depends on how they manage this stuff.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214
    Options

I've been wanting those windows to be fixed for a while. So many times after I vaulted a safe window the killer had to just give up chase. Now with these new doors near vaults the mind games can begin :)

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

i mean, no more Mori Cancel anymore. that's something to celebrate, right? 🦀

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Loving the changes, wether they do a good job or not

Relearning the maps will breath a lot of life in this game again

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,664
    Options

I'm hoping it brings the game more into line with the intended design - Killer chasing multiple survivors, multiple times, providing each player an opportunity to engage in something more than an M1 simulator while "the looper" takes aggro indefinitely.

• Tomie3213
    Tomie3213 Member Posts: 38
    Options

Definitely sounds like it will be good for the game. I'm super excited for these changes!

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

When I opened the dev update. I CTRL+F searched for leatherface. and I was disappointed a bit.

but after i read all of it. that disappointment disappeared.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    Options

is ok if remove bloodlust!

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited April 2020
    Options

More like decisions you like, but anyways, yes, this mid chapter seems pretty good, lets see how this plays out in the PTB.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

im not saying anything until i see what the maps look like tomorrow

im happy god windows are gone but i hope they didnt make every pallet on them a hawkins pallet :/

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    Options

Gonna miss those tiles where I could out loop a killer for days (and I'm not the best at chases). But I understand how it feels as a Killer when a survivor abuses the system and uses perks like dead hard to prolong that chase for god knows how long.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

I feel that this patch sounds nice.

On the other hand I've been only getting killers that either straight up camp first survivor they down or run ebonies. Where did the fun killers go?

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

Coming from someone who plays both sides.

Very killer sided but the game needs that. We need more killers to fix wait times and matchmaking. There aren’t enough killers to match the amount of survivors.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157
    edited April 2020
    Options

This upcoming PTB seems like it will be more balance-oriented, which is natural given the changes we saw leading up to this.

I hadn't played Survivor for a month, tried again on Saturday and got: a disconnecting Deathslinger, a tunneling wraith who killed me out at only 5k BP, a camping, iri head, ebony mori huntress, an average Demogorgon game, and an ebony mori Demo game. Both ebony moris tunneled us off the hook and killed after first hook, of course.

If revising abusive loops and making maps more manageable in size improves this kind of unappealing gameplay, I am all for it. I miss playing Survivor and having fun in a match before I get killed (And maybe actually earning more than 10k).

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

We'll see, I'm happy for the infinites being fixed but maybe now bloodlust needs to go too

• Eredin_Bréacc_Glas
    Eredin_Bréacc_Glas Member Posts: 24
    Options

The hillbilly of loops? Let's just ignore the fact that you said hillbilly is to good for how "easy" he is and simply focus on the fact that spirit is both easier and more powerful and and freddy is not quite as powerful but a lot easier and you still said hillbilly of loops... Damn

• 99gameknight
    99gameknight Member Posts: 36
    Options

I'm super exited about this update

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

I really would love to see those changes, it will be a fair change for killers, infinites were a problem for so long and right now survivor will take skill. An infinite doesn't recquire skill and literally makes a killer loss the game, and the pacience.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited April 2020
    Options

Very very good changes overall. Good survivors didn't need god structures to do work anyway. All those loops did was allow mediocre survivors to go unpunished or allow god survivors to run the killer for the entirety of the game.

Some people are saying that gen speed changes "aren't enough", and that's how you spot people who don't quite have a lot of understanding on how these things work. You can't ship a ton of changes that aim to do the same thing all at once. Game balance is too fragile of an ecosystem for that. The changes are already very considerable in volume. They are doing the right thing in showing restraint on the gen changes and waiting to see how they play out.

I was expecting to see mori and key changes soon as well, because those are REALLY necessary (moris have absolutely no place in this game as they are, and keys are also pretty OP, just a bit less than moris) but they can't do that much at once. I'm surprised we're getting a patch this huge the way things are in the world right now in the first place.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

It's going to result in even more survivors quitting DBD because you guys literally cater to killers left and right. When was the last time Survivors actually received a buff? And don't say ruin because that didn't affect Purple/Red Rank survivors.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

When it comes to the map changes I like them, especially as the screenshots of the new window locations/tiles don't just delete the windows from the game. Many can still be ran once and be useful while passing through, but they're not braindead and uninteractive like before. Curious to see what the maps that will become smaller will turn out as well.

While I personally think co-op gens at the start of the game is actually not optimal at all and people should want survivors to stack on gens instead of doing 3 seperate ones, I guess it might make it less common to have a gen pop in like 30 seconds or something? While I'd much rather have one gen go in 30s than 3 gens being worked on at the same time it seems like to many people that sort of thing is demotivating and demoralizing.

The QOL changes are quite simply good I guess. Didn't expect the Legion change but it sounds nice, the UI improvements are always welcome and I've always been of the belief and I'm certainly not going to miss mori spamming 😄

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I honestly think survivors should always spawn close together. That way you either force them to (suboptimally) work in a gen together or spread out to look for separate gens, which wastes time too. That way the changes have even more impact.