Show no mercy to the survivormain, BHVR

Options
jebbush
jebbush Member Posts: 35
edited April 2020 in General Discussions

He is an animal in human form and exists only to amuse us. Survivors have had it too good for too long. No longer can these noobs rely on their infinites, safe pallets, back to back jungle gyms and absurd map sizes. If you are complaining about the recent changes, I have only one advice for you. Get good.

Comments

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

Why is every post now seeking to provoke some sort of response over a patch that too be honest, does nothing but improve the quality of maps for both survivors and killers.

I main survivor and the thing is people aren't that good if they truly have to rely on the infinites. When I used them I felt disgusted and would always bail out of that tile so I don't rely on that too much. The gen speeds are minimal and I am more interested in how stake out would work in relation to skill check progress.

Of course its DBD so both sides will attempt to take the piss on the other. Kinda why this post along with many others is expected. Some sort of "getting back at those dang <insert role here>" from people with a victimhood complex.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

1) Survivors should never be able to take away the killers entire power. This was simply a leftover from a different time in the games life.

2) I mean sure it's a nerf, but if your worried about wiggle time that much just run Flip Flop. In the grand scheme of things it means very little.

3)Has been asked for and was sorely needed for a long time. Also the change being a nerf is debatable, many say it is a buff.

4)Name one time anyone used saboteur competitively before this change. You literally don't have to pre sabo hooks anymore.

5)Should have been this way when the game released.

6) If a survivor gets onto of an obstacle and can't be hit by most killers they can stall the match. If a killer gets up on an obstacle, they are going to get down to get the survivor otherwise they lose. Pretty obvious change.

7) Killer is forced to break pre thrown pallets to make loops less safe. Sounds like every pallet loop which most people have no issues with.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519
    Options

What about killers who rely on op killers, or broken addons or mories, or camping tunnling slugging? other killer sided maps? what happen to solo queuers like me?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Those were legitimately broken mechanics. Denying Trappers power with toolboxes for 3 minutes? That is fair. Instantly healing 1 or two health states because you bought a 7000/6000 point addon? That is balanced. Nothing wrong with either of those.

DC penalties effect both sides, not just survivors.

Balanced Landing nerf was a bandaid fix for some of the atrocious maps like Haddonfield.

Breakable walls must be broken so some loops are not infinites (shadow killer nerf).

Green medkits were buffed to heal yourself at an increased rate. It has its' own niche.

If you are mad at the Autohaven tech, then you must be mad about the Coldwind tractor tech. XD

I hate being on Lerys myself, but I like Legion and Deathslinger. I also like having a decent framerate, so that might be the reason too.

Sabotage as a mechanic was changed to be more of an active play than a passive thing to do to deny the killer the ability to hook anyone. It is meant to be risky. Hooks respawning faster is to encourage a fast play by a survivor and give killers a chance to find a different hook. Don't forget that Hangman's trick was also nerfed into a state more worthless than Monstrous shrine.

I am no fan of the item changes as well, being able to keep the item after you deplete it is dumb.

I'm impressed they actually adressed gen times. In my normal matches, they start popping rather quickly, and it is usually down to a 3 gen strat.

The new map changes dont stop you from surviving, they stop survivors from abusing braindead psuedo-infinite loops. I'm amazed you think Ironworks is balanced, or that the God Window on Abattoir is balanced.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

You should calm yourself down. Sounds like you had some matches against toxic survivors and you're salty about it. We all have had those matchs but you need to calm down.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Amazing how oblivious and tunnel visioned people can be. All the things you mentioned, survivors well, They need those things to survive. Killers have better speed, insane melee lunges, One hit downs, bad hitboxes on vaults, lag that works in killers favor, tunneling, camping, how is it fun to come in and stare at a progress bar for you every game while you complain that people are using the environment trying to survive ? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. It’s not about survivors getting good you need to get good.

• plunder
    plunder Member Posts: 74
    Options

I mean killers should be faster otherwise they could never end a chase so that's a dumb complaint. Lunges are hit and miss but lag is just deciding factor here. One hits are mostly situational a tiny few require mediocre skill at best. Tunnels and campers exist as a crutch for bad game design forcing them to employ that boring strategy. I agree that survivors suck right now in it's own way. But it's only cause survivors feel like they only win if they escape. It should more reward players that help the team more then just getting out alive.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

I like how thats all you pulled from what I said... This just goes to show Killer mains only care about themselves and making sure every game ends in a 4K.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

For some reason I have a hard time killing that last survivor when he is dead to rights. Like I have nothing to prove when 3 have died.

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    Options

Can we start closing threads that try and encourage toxic behavior in the community?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited April 2020
    Options

Thsi thread shows why this is considered one of the worst game community.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

It is the KILLERS job to find people. It is the survivors job to do gens. Gen times being to short is down to the devs, they made them that way, survivors simply adapted to be efficient at it. If a killer doesn't find someone its on them, unless you think 'fair' is survivors jumping into them middle of the map, waving jazz hands and screaming "I'm over here!"

Is that what "Empathy to the killer" means. Are we supposed to sit on our butts and give killers a 2 minute head start to achieve that blessed status?

Also the two 'buffs' to the perks are simply to bring them in line with the new gen speeds.

I have no problem with the gen speeds being changed, or anything else for that matter, games adapt and so will I. But the petty viciousness been thrown around by both sides due to this change coming, is f***ing incredible, since it's apparently coming from a bunch of supposed adults.

Stop blaming each other for playing the game the way it was presented to them by the dev team. It's literally stupid.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Lmao at this tripe.

You know why survivors rush gens? Because killers camp. Survivors need to get a head start on those gens because they know that once the first survivor is hooked they’re going to be tunnelled out of the game pretty fast. That means they only have a few mins to get the gens done before they’re 1 survivor down. On top of that they need the gens done quick because they also need to search for 5 totems because all these lame people also run NOED.

You don’t have empathy for your opposition. You hang around the hook, you tunnel way too hard, you make the game boring for the survivor.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

Isn't that the same threat killers had when ruin was nerfed? Get over yourselves.. survivors are still the power role and you know it.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

You know there only changing one loop right now. And the killer gameplay right now has been very questionable. I think they should get good instead.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Spirit nerfs are nothing, she can still destroy a SWF. Nurse is still top tier and is still strong. Freddy can erase a SWF if he wants too with or without addon changes (Which were necessary) and Trapper being able to place his traps underground was clearly not intentionally which is odd how you don't understand that. Grow a pair honestly.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options
  • caz_
    caz_ Member Posts: 218
    Options

another entitled killer main who is just opens his mouth when there is a change for his side.

bias bias bias. next

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

The fact, that this guy has 10 upvotes, shows how trash many killermains actually are.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

Are people seriously so toxic over some map changes that are for the better health of the game ?

• Ivaldi
    edited April 2020
    Options

Insta heals did not get buffed, they're no longer "Insta Heals".. and healing speeds got increased to counter the fact that instas got nerfed and green med kits got nerfed.

Sabotage speeds got increased but no one is going to waste a toolbox to be able to insta sabo hooks that respawn 20 seconds later. Hooks spawn way to close and make saboing completely useless.

Balanced Landing - No sound when falling? Thats great except for the fact that you're usually in a chase when you fall anyway.. and it doesnt even come close to making up for the stagger reduction nerf.

Lery's - They removed almost all looping windows making the remaining window vaults completely useless; and the totem spots are hidden in ridiculous areas.

Addons - We have 4 times the amount of addons that killers do and have a hard time escaping matches as it is.. We shouldn't need to run a perk just for a "slim" chance of actually keeping our add-ons.

Wiggle Progression - Again a 7% reduction in progression is massive when no one is sabotaging hooks and killers want to slug. Flip Flop is also a perk that literally no one uses because hooks spawn so close together. The only time Flip Flop/Unbreakable worked was when you could 99% a Hook in a corner, sabo it and run into the corner before a killer could down you.

Toolboxes - A fully decked out toolbox with a brand new part can only get a generator to 50% now, when old ones use to be able to complete 2 full generators when working with a teammate. Now, an entire toolbox can be completely wasted if a killer chases you off and hits the gen with PGTW.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, where I completely destroy all of your Killer Minded points. But alas, you killer mains are always right, no matter what happens. You'll always be the victims, you'll always be underpowered, and you'll always tell survivors to "git gud" when you guys are the ones complaining about us needing to be nerfed over and over and over.

• Ivaldi
    Options

They removed infinites and completely changed tile spawns making most areas complete dead zones now, much like the outer borders of the Saloon

• Ivaldi
    Options

How are we the power role? Everyone makes these claims that survivors are op.. survivors have the power role.. but not a single killer can back up their words.