End Game Chase (Q&A Livestream #4)

Options

Hello fellow developer,

i watched your Q&A Video on youtube and i love the idea about the end game chase.
It would make the game in the end for both sides funnier (maybe a little hard for the survivor).

Comments

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    Options

Hello fellow developer,

i watched your Q&A Video on youtube and i love the idea about the end game chase.
    It would make the game in the end for both sides funnier (maybe a little hard for the survivor).

That tension would be awesome 

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

Looping Killer for one minute is not hard if you use the exploit of smaller collision box.
    Until they fix it it's not viable.

I'm more interested in scenario that survivor did manage to survive 1 minute.
    questions are:
    what happens to NOED? Gates ARE powered, right?
    what happens to hatch standoff?
    If survivor managed to prolongue chase for one minute, how is he supposed to get to exit gates during chase? Especially if NOED is in play or Rancor is up.

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Could you share what was said about end game chase? Mighty curious, but no time to comb through the video. 
  • Gun_Doc
    Gun_Doc Member Posts: 43
    Options

I really like the idea of the end game chase. Sure it will take out some of the 4k's, but having the ability to end the match a lot quicker so I can get into the next one far out ways getting the 4k IMO.

I can't stand having to search for the toxic survivor who refuses to leave the match.

• Wolff_Bringer
    Wolff_Bringer Member Posts: 90
    Options

@MinusTheBillie said:
    Could you share what was said about end game chase? Mighty curious, but no time to comb through the video. 

When the last survivor dies, the killer and the survivor can see each other. After some time the exit gates get opened.

• Troylus
    Troylus Member Posts: 40
    Options

There has been a fair amount of discussion on this. Determining the proper length of time for the chase to last is a contentious issue - but an important one to resolve. Once Survivors learn that the last one of them will get FREE GATES at the end, the incentive for them to keep doing generators goes down if things aren't going well for them. Rather, it is better to hide and just wait it out until you're the last survivor - and then make your run for the free gates.

A good potential solution might be to adjust the time of the final chase based upon how many generators were still left to be done. Maybe add 10 seconds for each one that was left in addition to the base 60 seconds:

So, 1 Gen left = total of 70 seconds. 2 Gens = 80, 3 Gens = 90, etc.

This would keep survivors interested in going the generators all the way till the end.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@Troylus said:
    There has been a fair amount of discussion on this. Determining the proper length of time for the chase to last is a contentious issue - but an important one to resolve. Once Survivors learn that the last one of them will get FREE GATES at the end, the incentive for them to keep doing generators goes down if things aren't going well for them. Rather, it is better to hide and just wait it out until you're the last survivor - and then make your run for the free gates.

A good potential solution might be to adjust the time of the final chase based upon how many generators were still left to be done. Maybe add 10 seconds for each one that was left in addition to the base 60 seconds:

This would keep survivors interested in going the generators all the way till the end.

This is a great idea to go on top of it I ship it

• Wolff_Bringer
    Wolff_Bringer Member Posts: 90
    Options

@Troylus said:

Thats a very good idea.