Is it safe to edit INI file in game directori for better perfomance?

Options

Plz answer this only if you KNOW FOR 100%
i wana disable AntiAliasing + unlock 60 fps(optional...only if this will work good in this game) + disable PostProcessQuality

Comments

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

Yes its safe. I did it

• sergantuss
    sergantuss Member Posts: 43
    Options

only one answer...so what do you edit there for yourself?

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited September 2018
    Options

I'm not sure whether this is actually allowed - it might fall under 'cheating'.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited September 2018
    Options

Also let me just tag @Peanits so we can ask whether it's safe - or allowed - to do so or not.
    Just in case.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Plz answer this only if you KNOW FOR 100%
    i wana disable AntiAliasing + unlock 60 fps(optional...only if this will work good in this game) + disable PostProcessQuality

It's allowed, but only because devs were too lazy to create piper graphic options :wink: 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Judgement said:

Also let me just tag @Peanits so we can ask whether it's safe - or allowed - to do so or not.
    Just in case.

Tinkering with files is use at your own risk. For these options, you should be fine.
  • sergantuss
    Options

@Peanits said:
    Judgement said:

Just in case.

Tinkering with files is use at your own risk. For these options, you should be fine.

So you can not say for 100% is it will be safe for me or not?

• Peanits
    edited September 2018
    Options

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:
    Judgement said:

Just in case.

What will more than likely happen more than anything, the game might just one day say, "Hey, you tinkered with this. You can't launch the game until you reset it."

Other than that, as long as you're not tinkering with stuff to gain a competitive advantage, we aren't going to actively seek you out and ban you.

Post edited by Peanits on
  • sergantuss
    Options

@Peanits said:

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:
    Judgement said:

Just in case.

What will more than likely happen more than anything, the game might just one day say, "Hey, you tinkered with this. You can't launch the game until you reset it."

Other than that, as long as you're not tinkering with stuff to gain a competitive advantage, we aren't going to actively seek you out and ban you.

yea bit its not you who gona ban me
    your anticheat can

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187
    Options

@sergantuss said:

your anticheat can

The Anticheat is from a 3rd party...So if they are going to ban you they are going to ban you. So we cannot state with a 100% certainty that you will not be banned, but with about a 90% certainty many people have modified the INI without issues.

• Peanits
    Options

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:
    Judgement said:

Just in case.

your anticheat can

To clarify: We have two ways we ban people. Us (the ACM team), and EAC.

EAC is a third party service that we use to automatically detect cheats from a database and ban people for using them.
    We actively seek and ban cheaters.

EAC may at some point detect changes to config files and flag you as a cheater.
    We will not actively seek you out and ban you for turning on AA and uncapping your framerate.

That's why I mean by use at your own risk. We're not going to ban you, but if it gets detected by the anti-cheat, we won't be able to help you.

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 171
    Options

Where can one request this be added to the dev backlog to make it a UI option so that those that want to change it could do so without any possibility of being banned by EAC

• Peanits
    Options

@JusticeZERO said:
    Where can one request this be added to the dev backlog to make it a UI option so that those that want to change it could do so without any possibility of being banned by EAC

The wishlist subforum.

• sergantuss
    Options

Not sure that they will ever add this options in game

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    Options

@Peanits said:

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:
    Judgement said:

Just in case.

your anticheat can

EAC is a third party service that we use to automatically detect cheats from a database and ban people for using them.

We will not actively seek you out and ban you for turning on AA and uncapping your framerate.

That's why I mean by use at your own risk. We're not going to ban you, but if it gets detected by the anti-cheat, we won't be able to help you.

Wait, so if I edit one of those things that the ACM team does not see bannable, i will not get banned. But if suddenly the EAC does, I will be banned?

• sergantuss
    Options

@beatddb said:

@Peanits said:

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:
    Judgement said:

Just in case.

your anticheat can

Wait, so if I edit one of those things that the ACM team does not see bannable, i will not get banned. But if suddenly the EAC does, I will be banned?

yes
    thats a main point and they can not say for 100% that you safe frome ban(even there is many ppl who edit this INI)

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    edited September 2018
    Options

@sergantuss said:

@beatddb said:

@Peanits said:

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:

@sergantuss said:

@Peanits said:
    Judgement said:

Just in case.

your anticheat can

yes
    thats a main point and they can not say for 100% that you safe frome ban(even there is many ppl who edit this INI)

A lot of players have edited this INI, if suddenly this is considered cheating, at least 80% of the players will be banned, even streamers.
    The only way to stop this is by adding proper configuration options ingame, and instead of banning people, they should do what the mod said.

Hey, you tinkered with this. You can't launch the game until you reset it.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2018
    Options

@JusticeZERO said:

+1 We NEED advanced graphics options for DBD. Its ridiculous that the devs never added them in. As a PC player advanced graphics settings are an expected feature.

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 171
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@JusticeZERO said:

+1 We NEED advanced graphics options for DBD. Its ridiculous that the devs never added them in. As a PC player advanced graphics settings are an expected feature.

Mod said throw it into the wishlist forum if you are interested

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

We don't need advanced graphics option, turning everything to low already give you an advantage

• sergantuss
    Options

@Someissues said:
    We don't need advanced graphics option, turning everything to low already give you an advantage

look like you is the one who never see how this game look on low everything

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@Someissues said:

That is absolutely no excuse what so ever under any circumstances to not incorporate advanced settings.

• sergantuss
    Options

so if you put a options to LOW all this stupid blur and other ######### stuff will go away and game look smooth as total
    good job so far