Killer mains, explain this to me please.

I had a killer who tunneled me and post game the told me that if I didn't want to get tunneled bring DS. I ignored it (I don't like DS I prefer head on) and I continued running into this killer. I got so sick of him tunneling me I took DS just to get more than 6K points in the game. I then proceed to get tunneled harder than before. Turns out it was the same killer. He then told me he's tunneling me because I brought DS and he needed to tunnel me out of the game so he didn't have to deal with it anymore.

Can yall please explain this logic? I'm a red rank survivor that permanently runs Spinechill, Head On, Self Care, and BT to thr point most killers who run into me again know to avoid lockers during their chases and I'm not afraid to slam pallet with us on thr both side and vault (I just find this funnier especially if I get chucked by enduring mid vault). I don't get why I got tunneled outside I play Claudette but if you can't find me with a bring pink jacket and red hair then idk how to help you.

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

It was just a someone being a jerk. Can't say much as to why they did it, but I can tell you that if you feel as if they're harassing you personally, you can report them. Granted, they are playing the game, but if they're being rude about it and constantly targeting you first, I'm sure you can try to settle it through a report describing what has been happening if you get them again. My suggestion though, cause a report may not do it, is to try being as stealthy as possible if you come across someone who is constantly targeting you. It may not be helpful for your team, but it may be helpful in settling whatever is happening with you and this guy.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

He's being a complete jerk. That's all.

There's no reasoning behind it.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Typical killer main logic. They tunnel because they dont care. They just want the easy win and will come up with some bs excuse to justify it. You see it on these forums all the time.

Also just like how you see people say “just bring DS” to stop tunneling and then a few minutes later they’re begging and pleading with the devs to remove DS so they can tunnel without restrictions.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

It's called being an #########. There's a lot of them in the world.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Your logic is pretty much common . The same way you d pissed towards the whole nation just because you had bad experience with a single member of that nation.

• ZackaryFreeman
    ZackaryFreeman Member Posts: 42

There's toxic players on both sides.

Yes there's toxic flashy clicky and teabagging survivors, but there's also nice survivors.

Yes there's toxic tunneling, camping killers, but there's also fair-playing killers who try their bests not to be scummy.

That guy was just being an arse

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I have an explanation:

He's a salty tunneler. He'll tunnel you no matter what and was just trying to be an ass.

Also, how are you struggling to get above 6k points per game? Is he good at countering loops or are you just having bad luck? Does getting chased for a long time just not give as many BPs as I thought?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited April 2020

Next time you think it's that killer do this:

-Pick Blendette.

-Equip Dull/Skeleton Key.

-Equip Calm Spirit, Distortion, Spine Chill, and Self Care

-Offer fog, corn, or swamp

-Hide all game. Stay as far from the killer as possible. Don't touch a gen, don't save any survivors. Just hide.

-If you find yourself in a hatch EGC situation, hatch out.

-Say GG EZ in post game chat.

That's how you deal with a-holes like this.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Generalising is fun isn't it? You're talking about a very vocal minority here. There are a few killers who have 0 empathy for the other side and are only there to ruin your day but most of them are fine (At least they are for me, I haven't run into almost any of them in purple and red ranks, they've mostly been really chill). And who cares if all those killers are on this forum anyway lol if they're on here whining then they're not playing the game as much are they? 😉

• Ev13698324
    Ev13698324 Member Posts: 61

How can you stop tunnelling from existing though? You can't just ban everyone who does it.

• PerskuleBenener
    PerskuleBenener Member Posts: 43

I doubt this story, I've never even ran into the same killer more than twice

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

He's part of the killer main community who are just scummy and want to either get 4ks every game or ruin your experience. This is coming from a killer main. He's in the minority.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I don't know if we can. If it was way more heavily discouraged though, then it might sway some people. Or start matching those who continue to do it with those who actively abuse DS, BT and other survivor mechanics in their own little hellscape.

• djsponge10
    djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

I mean if you keep giving a constant funny reaction he will continue doing it, I’ve memorized a bunch of people and if I feel the need to take someone out of the game it will be them if deemed necessary. Plus some of them keep giving funny messages so that’s fun

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

The 'logic', if we want to call it that, is that guy hates your guts for some reason. Think of something that happened or was said between you. If he targets you alone over multiple games, it's also bannable, but you'll need video proof. What he says about it is immaterial. It's just blabber to give a semblance of justification to what he does.