I'm sorry, but it's too frustrating.

Ghostey
Ghostey Member Posts: 5
edited April 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello fellow Dead by Daylight community and hopefully also developers.

My hour count on Steam tells me, that I have almost playes 1000 hours dbd. I bought almost all the dlcs, got almost all achievements, even spend some money on cosmetics and always supported the developers even though they got a lot hate during some times. It overall had ups and downs, but I really loved this game and I actually still kinda do.

*I'm not trying to spread hate or something with this post, I feel like I have to tell someone why I'll quit Dead by Daylight. And probably for good*

At first I was very excited about the new archive and the rift, expecially since you can earn so many things just by playing, which I didnt expect at first when it was announced.

But now, after the second rift, with completing all archive challanges both time and being stuck at around tier 60 both times, its just very frustrating for me. (Ok I have to say, I didnt competely finish the second archive, but being stuck at tier 57 with only four three-shards challenges isnt very motivating).

I won't say its a scam (like many other people do), since some people get to tier 70, even though I really dont know how they did that without buying extra auric cells, or playing all day, every week (which I can't and don't want to).

You could say: ''Buy the pass shortly before it ends and look how far you've come.'' Which is true, I could have done that. But it wouldnt feel rewarding at all for me and isnt that the point of the archive? Completing challenges to get rewards? Feel rewarded?

It actually kinda hurts me to say all of this, expecially since the next archive is about Kate and I love her to bits. But its got to a point where its just frustrating to me, since it not only happened in the first, but also in the second rift.

I hope maybe one of the developers sees this, even though I think they'll probably wont.

Thank you for a great time, maybe we'll see again one day.

I'm very sorry for my poor english.

Greetings,

Ghostey.

Post edited by Ghostey on

Comments

• FKreuger1
    FKreuger1 Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2020

I dont understand why you would leave for something that has nothing to do with the gameplay of the game? If you've played 1000 hours then you must have enjoyed it before the archives was a thing? Why not treat it like it never happened and just dont spend auric cells on it?

• Ghostey

I did play it long before the archives. I sadly am and was (before the archives) at a point where I pretty much achieved everything the game had to offer. Thats why I didnt play that much shortly before the archives were released too.

• ThePetDetective
    ThePetDetective Member Posts: 28

This just seems a little...bratty? I don't mean to insult, but people leaving over mechanic changes, nerfs, buffs, new killers, new perks, all that is well and good. But leaving because you couldn't get tier 70? Like...in practice, the ONLY thing thats changed pre and post archives is that sometimes you get a neat little cosmetic or charm.

Plus, even if you dont get tier 70, you still are always able to get the blood points from the archive. To, say, a stealth heavy jake to prefers stock outfits, there is absolutely no no drawback to not reaching tier 70. None at all. But now all players have tons of structured goals to head towards and loads of bp to get.

• Ghostey

Later in the game, the only thing you do with bloodpoints is saving them so you get perks from the killers/survivors faster. (Or prestige someone, which in my case is also almost completely done (atleast on survivor side))

Bloodpoints have no real value anymore.

• ThePetDetective
    ThePetDetective Member Posts: 28

For the sake of argument, ill accept that bloodpoints are useless (not true). That's at best not proving me wrong in any way. That same jake now can just opt out of challenges if he doesnt want to do them or if he does for no reward of any kind since blood points are useless and cosmetics are useless he just has a fun challenge to do. Again, quitting over this just seems childish.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Wut? I don't know anyone that plays regularly that had issues getting to Tier 70. I did it this time ignoring a lot of the killer challenges (Mostly because I didn't have Spirit or Doctor levelled at the time) and still managed to get to 70. Is this a troll post?

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

They already dumbed down the rift challenges. They said a consequence is the challenges get done sooner then they calculated for the First Tome, which means there’s more grinding via unchallenged gameplay.

Thing is, for me, I played this much without the archive.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

play more lol I always complete it 20-30 days before it ends it’s not hard

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

AFK Wraith + Youtube = Rift Pass Complete

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

lmao, so you feel robbed because you didn't complete the battlepass? a tedious mechanics by definition?

you're the next level my friend, if aliens will ever came to earth you're gonna be the chosen one to preserve the human race.

also, a scam? do you even know what a scam is? and who even called it scam in the first place?

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

The grind is too much

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425

I recommend playing killer and survivor at least 1 time everyday then go play either killer or survivor after getting the daily bonus.

• itsmyghost
    itsmyghost Member Posts: 214

I don't know how much you play, but I'd like to assume you can and do play 15-20 hours a week....if that is very wrong what I'm about to say will also be wrong.

• Moving on, assuming I'm right: all challenges & reaching epilogue in all 4 levels reward, in total, enough rift fragments to get one to tier 40-42 in the rift (did the math once, but can't remember the exact level);
    • I'd also like to think you have a higher than average skill level for either role you'd play so you should be able to do every challenge, therefore, obtaining all those ~40 rift levels.
    • You should also be able to complete the challenges within the first few tries, maybe even the first try for most of them so you'd be finished with the challenges relatively soon (I'm barely average, but I do play 4-5 hours a day and it takes me a week, at most for an entire level). I assume a week would be enough for you too (to complete an entire Tome level).
    • (2 & 3) If the second & third points I made are true, you'd have all challenges done & level 40 in the rift in 28 days out of 70 (across the Tome duration). That leaves you with 42 days to get the last 30 tiers and one needs to play 10 matches to gain a level. Depending on queue times, you get 7-12 matches in a 3 hour session (could be less, could be more, depending on how your matches turn out and, again, queue times). Let's say you get 7 matches in every 3 hours you play, that rewards a total of 294 rift fragments, 6 short of 300 (30 rift levels).

In conclusion, if my initial assumption is right, not trying to be rude, I just think you're doing something wrong.

• Ghostey

Finally someone with real arguments. Thank you.

I understand ur point, but please tell me: when did Dead by Daylight became a grind game? I love the archive but the rift is destroying the game in my opinion. If you could complete the rift by doing all challenges, it would be diffrent. (Even though many of the challenges need a lot grind too (Opening hatch with a key)).

Some may say that leveling up and getting all perks is taking a lot grind too, but its diffrent there since you dont get a timer shoved in ur face every time you start a game.

Btw. still dont know what I'm doing wrong, but I guess I wont find out anymore.

Some sentences written from me in this post sound more harsh than I meant them, I'm sorry if they came across this way. But some of you should definetly think more before they post.

• itsmyghost
    itsmyghost Member Posts: 214

Yeah, you can't get to 70 by doing all challenges. I think it just feels different. To me, the fact that I have a hard time with some challenges is part of the reason for which it doesn't feel like a grind: for example, I needed roughly 10 matches to get the Spirit 4k challenge in the second Tome and even though I wasn't doing the challenge, I was still getting progress on the Rift. It feels different working on a challenge, rather than on the Rift. I take one challenge at a time and even if it does take a while to complete a harder challenge, it's a way smaller step when I think about it (plus, every failed attempt is still a good thing (1 Rift Fragment)). So I'm "grinding" a challenge at a time, rather than opening the game with the mindset of leveling up once or twice in the Rift.

But I definitely understand why you'd feel otherwise. Like I said, you're probably good enough to do most challenges on the first try so I'm not sure how exactly you could change your mindset. You probably just play and know that you'll get 2-3 challenges done in a session, rather than what I think "I'll probably be able to do that one (harder) challenge today".

I wouldn't really play when I had no challenges available. I'd only play survivor if friends were on (because I dislike solo queue); my killer game is way to weak and I often get trashed to the point where I just quit the game and play something else. However, I will admit that I'm also helped by the fact that I like achievements and, being newer to the game, I'm still missing 40 as of right now. So, whenever I didn't have a challenge available or friends online, I'd go in with the mindset of working on a certain achievement. Maybe find something you want to work for whenever you run out of challenges? Achievements, you said you have most of them so maybe P3 all-perk some characters? Surely you don't have everyone P3 all-perked after only 1000 hours. Otherwise, I don't know how to help.

• Ghostey

Thank you for your understanding words.

Yeah I got the spirit challenge in like one or two tries I think.

What you said is 100% what I feel like. I only play the game without challenges with friends bc otherwise its almost every time the same. I do play a lot killer too, but that also gets boring with no real challenge.

I have almost all survivor on p3 and some of the killers too. Just not the ones I dont like playing.

So yeah, I think you can't help me. But thats okay.

Thanks a lot. :)

• FKreuger1

That's fair enough if you were getting tired of the game beforehand. I hope you enjoy what you're moving onto next.

• FKreuger1

My point before was you can play the game without looking at archives. Quite easily ignored.