Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

what happend to tinkerer

afroboi
afroboi Member Posts: 69

i dont remember much since i used to play the game on ps4 and never played killer but now im a killer main pc after like 1-2 years and idk why they reworked tinkerer back then some people used to talk about it what happend ik it makes you able to see people that have the gen progress at 85% but why did they rework it like i dont think anyone complained about it and if they did why dont i hear it now like DS back then people talk about it alot now they still talk about it after being reworked and streetwise is very very simalar to tinkerer and they didnt rework it they might've changed it from 15% tier 3 to 25% but thats about it

Comments

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

As far as I know they reworked it because they had to keep it in mind when creating addons (Does it work with the Addon? Is the Addon too weak/too powerful with tinkerer?..). This made the Addon creation process more complicated than needed to be so they decided to change it.

You can't compare it to streetwise because:

1. It doesn't make the item better, it makes it last longer, that's not the same

2. The Devs don't add more survivor items with every patch, so they don't habe to look at streetwise again every patch.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

The reason they reworked it was less because of people complaining and more because it was getting really irritating and complicated to actually work with it.

( granted there were complaints but surprisingly enough they were mostly about Killers who were annoyed that certain add-ons weren't be affected. Also machine gun hatchets and insta saw Billy got complaints too)

The perk will essentially buffed addons but this meant with every add-on added the new killer came out you had to factor in which one was going to work with tinkerer and which one wasn't.

This lead to problems with some add-ons being affected that shouldn't and some add-ons not being affected that should.

Freddy and pig notoriously got no benefit from using the perk whatsoever. Whilst having charge based add-ons.

Whilst other addons that technically weren't even charge based for example stalking add-ons and the doctor's range add-ons were affected

• afroboi
    afroboi Member Posts: 69

yeah kinda hard to factor of it will work with tinkerer but do you think they could've handled it better

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

Tinkerer wasn't necessarily overpowered (though it did allow for some nasty addon stacking potential), it was just way too complicated.

There are, what, 19 Killers in the game now? It's not really reasonable for the devs or players to make and remember balanced, comprehensive Tinkerer features for all of them.

I think current Tinkerer could absolutely be better, but I much prefer a medicore Perk that doesn't cause problems to a Perk that's sometimes overpowered, sometimes literally useless, slows down the dev cycle, and requires scouring a friggin' spreadsheet to figure out what it does/doesn't work with.

• chaosdriver
    chaosdriver Member Posts: 74

Can someone tell me what tinkerer used to do? Thanks :)

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

Add-ons that affect the charge time of your Power are 6/8/10 % more effective.