Marth displays how the new ironworks loop has been buffed

Comments

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

Even when they stay in chase and the entitity blocker eventually kicks in, this would be another one of those “god” loops where you waste a lot of time as killer to get the survivor using this window.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

The door and windows can spawn swapped, which will make the window very unsafe.

So it's going to be gamble, when you get this map: Will it be the god window or not?

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

It's actually 50/50. One spawn is strong, the other is garbage.

When inside, if the window spawns to the right of the door, it's a useless vault because the debris outside force the survivor back into the killer.

The other spawn, with window on the left, in Marth's tests it was an infinite when ran counterclockwise iirc and barely kept chase the other way around. The door was also useless for the killer in this configuration and the window had to be vaulted. This was a normal 115% speed chase without accounting for special powers.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

Marth did not only mention Ironworks, but since this might be a bad change for Killers, it is here.

He also mentioned how Coal Tower, Groaning Storehouse and Grim Pantry have Windows which are free hits for the Killer.

Regarding the Ironworks Window, I agree to his fix to let it only spawn in its current location and remove the Boxes so that the Survivor can run right and is not forced to run left, when coming out of the Ironworks. Because otherwise the Window is either a big middlefinger to Killers or to Survivors.

(But the other 3 Maps also need some work, even tho it is bad for Survivors, something people on this Forum like)

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I already see how devs ignore all the feedback and put it into the live anyway. Then maybe in next 2 years they'll realise that they actually didn't fix anything and try again.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I don’t understand why these changes are either complete garbage for killers or for survivors. They’ve made tiles and structures in the past that have a decent balance whereby good survivors can use them well, and good killers can mindgame and get hits. Were they just flukes?

Most reasonable people don’t want a stomp for either side, or a brainless free escape with M1 / brainless free hit with M1. Give us balance and opportunity for both sides to win.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

It's not even a surprise. Same doors are in Dead Dawg Saloon. It's almost always better to vault instead of going through door, because vault still costs killer less time.

• inferjus

Marth is the saviour of this game, ######### are you talking about?!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

This is btw. the full video:

And not just the part which is bad for Killers, cut out. Worth a watch, especially if you are a Dev.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

And there we have it once again;

Survivors: “______ is a problem”

killers: “Just bring (insert perk)”

But at the same time...

Killers: ” ______ is a problem”

Survivors: “Just bring (insert perk)”

Killers: “omg ######### that is so ridiculous”

There’s such a hypocrisy here on these forums where survivors are expected to run perks to fix all their problems even though they actually dont have enough perk slots to run them all yet as soon as theres a problem for killers they expect the game to be changed for them.

• inferjus
    edited April 2020

Ah yes, everyone know what map they will play and can prepare for it.

Also selling perks as a solution to game's flaws is just a proof that you can not/do not want to balance your own game (in this case devs do not know how to balance things properly).

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

You want to talk about bias and an agenda?

How about the fact that Marth put out a video, talks about 4 map reworks he really wanted to talk about the most....

He says “3 are weak for survivor, 1 is bad for killer”

And yet lo and behold, only one of them gets discussed on these forums. Gee I wonder why...

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

On the first example you are missing the

Survivors: “omg ######### that is so ridiculous”

But wait, your whole post is exactly this line. Forget it, my bad

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

LOL!

Just close the stupid window and be done with it

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

What. You literally cannot get the chase its not a bug.

• rubixscube
    rubixscube Member Posts: 19

i admit i skipped several comments while reading these 3 pages, and although i don't want to defend what looks like an infinite on the video, i haven't seen a single person mention that killer can... mindgame/bluff/whatever you call it !

it's a fully walled loop, so the killer doesn't have to walk in a straight line. he can approach the window, then, when the survivor's camera no longer allows vision on the killer, moonwalk back to the corner to try to catch them by surprise. or he can moonwalk to the window, pretending he tried to reverse the loop. those are just 2 simple examples that came to my mind as i'm not a killer main and don't want to spend too much time looking for examples, but you get the idea, right?

ONE video with ONE starting point and NO mindgame cannot describe perfectly how this loop will play in an actual game, and obviously the situation will change a lot depending on the killer played, each player's mindset, and their rank.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

So basically Marth won't be able to get a 4k every game. Boo hoo.

• Yrakaz4
    Yrakaz4 Member Posts: 75

This hasn't made it to ps4 yet but id like to try it before they change it again. :)

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259

All they have to do is pull the window and the door closer to the left so the loop itself is shorter, and then do something about the god awful other variation that can spawn.

• KurtKobainFreak01
    KurtKobainFreak01 Member Posts: 38

What if they just removed both the window and the door?

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

Maybe just remove the big round barrel thing on the outside of the loop that doesn't have the pallet?

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Yeah, yeah. You showed only one window bad for killers when all the rest are trap for the survivors. Good job bud.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

Well in the full video he comes up with three changes that are bad for survivors and one that is bad for killer. I think people fail to realize that people tend to play both sides. Well at least killers often play survivor too. If you played this game 100% as a killer you'd burn out and never last. So people kinda prefer a balance so they can have fun on both sides.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Watch the vid, its not just that map

Groaning storehouse windows now force you to take a hit with how the paths are blocked

whoever designed these should be arrested

• xenofon13

This thread is bad. They watched only the first vid and spreading the rumor that killers are screwed again with this patch.

• nickofford
    nickofford Member Posts: 105

If you keep looking at the survivor (even though walls you won't break chase , he kept looking down and losing chase

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Is everyone going insane? I swear my IQ drops every time I get on here. The issue isn't chase dropping or not. The window is arguably buffed due to the repositioning of obstacles and still having to chase it until entity block from the inside. The intended effect hasn't occurred. The intention was to nerf it. That is objective fact. I swear 75% of the users here are utterly incapable of looking at something as simple as a tile without extreme bias polluting the discussion.

• xenofon13

Okay, you know better than Marth. Show us your killer videos. You must be the real deal.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

They can turn the window into a door and be done with it

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

No he s a liar.

When i asked him to put another experiment against me he said he s done doing all of that stuff.

"No thanks. Most of the group moved on after BHVR played there hand they dont care about balancing this game at all. There business model is money > game health. So i just accepted it and gave up trying to advocate for change. "

But then he wastes a lot of time with this game 😂

• xenofon13

You're one of many who they didn't watch the whole Marth's video. This is the only window bad for killers and it's rng based. Window spawns and where the door is. WATCH THE FULL VIDEO.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

I still am and I agree that the groaning storehouse and coal tower windows are bad for survivors but that window shouldn't exist either

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

While the rng aspect of this particular window is true, it should also be noted that one of the huge talking points of these map changes is to reduce the huge effect rng has on map/tile strength.

• CMONNNNNN
    CMONNNNNN Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2020

so what ure trying to say is killers are getting nerfed again LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL buff killers and get rid of noed, cmon

• Brendan_12
    Brendan_12 Member Posts: 23

And there was me being all daft thinking killers used their initiative... 😏

If a killer is willing to follow a survivor endlessly, they need to up their game I'm afraid. I enjoy playing both, but I have to say as a killer it's a very easy ride these days. But part of that is not falling for the hound and the hare attitude of "I've wounded them I'm gonna chase till I get them". Try and gauge your opponent. Double back on yourself. If you nerf much more stuff like this it's no longer a chance at survival it's basically "Hunt four players just to hook them".

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2020

How you were able to stay in a chase before in the same loop?

• Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2020

This is just wrong,they said they fixed the good loop but its still a god loop lmao,gg ez godloop if you dont use bamboozle.

• inferjus
    edited April 2020
    1. He doesn't have to play with you. If I was in his place I would also refuse to stranger.
    2. He may still play this game, he just took a long break from DbD if you didn't know.
    3. His friends do not have to play DbD anymore, so Marth doesn't have to have anyone to play with.
    4. He doesn't have to do any other experiment if he doesn't want to.
    5. You didn't prove this quote is not fake and even if it is real, nothing in it seems to be a lie.
    Post edited by inferjus on
  • hanibel
    hanibel Member Posts: 164
  • SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited April 2020

the chase scoring and etc is so trash, so many different maps where you still see the survivor but you still lose random chases.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
  • Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Wow

What do u guys want?! They added these changes to balance the game! What do u want them to do? Get rid of the entire loop itself?!

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I was hoping someone didn't announce it to the public. As soon as I saw PTB gameplay I automatically realized it.

If a well known streamer hadn't pointed this out, it would've taked years for everyone to know about this.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Don't do that man, don't give into the negative pressure of siding, you're one of the most even kelled survivor mains out there.

Those other maps are a problem as well, agree, but let's make this a out bettering the game for once. It gets way to sickening hearing these grown men with sweat covered mustaches get hot iland moist arguing over whose the bigger victim. I've done enough of it myself.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I hope they will fix this.

• Splitsecond27
    Splitsecond27 Member Posts: 52

That’s because your survivor ani tunneling and slugging perks are what’s considered “meta”, for killers they need gen regress perks and using a perk slot for bamboozle can kill your game. especially when this is just a broken mechanic you shouldn’t need bamboozle for.

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

Marth is in the same level with TydeTime. They both won't be happy until survivors spawn on the hook for them.

• Doomspooge
    Doomspooge Member Posts: 184

In fairness in the full version of that video Marth pointed out 3 map changes that totally screwed survivors along with ideas on how to fix those also. They should fix the ones that bone survivors and damn sure fix the potential legit infinite.