Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Spirit vs Billy

Marcus
Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

People used to debate this quite a lot before Spirit's nerf, so I wonder what people think now about them. Who do you think is stronger ?

Comments

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Billy.

Map traversal for a start. 176% speed on Spirit vs 230% speed on Billy. Also Billy has no cooldown so he can hook a survivor, zoom across the map in seconds, scare another survivor off it and Pop the gen, then sprint back to the hook. Spirit has a cooldown and a meter so she can only make it part way across the map and then goes on a 15 second cooldown before she can phase walk again.

Then there is the fact that he has unlimited instadowns. From the start of the trial until the very end he can one hit survivors as many times as he likes.

Billys only weakness is if you get 4 amazing loopers as survivors but thats rare and you can use perks to cover that up a bit. In your average game Spirit can likely get hits easier but Billys snowball is much stronger.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Spirit. Billy has reliable counter-play while Spirit is a guessing game.

You only ever get sawed by a Billy if you make a mistake.

• Dio027
    Dio027 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020

As long as billy doesn't catch you out of position, you can easily force him to m1 you, so his ability is only useful for running across the map, spirit is way stronger at loops and chases in general, in my opinion.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

I prefer to play as Billy. One shot down, curving, so much stuff to learn about. More exiting and more satisfying than the most brain dead easy killer to play.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

Depends on the survivor. Depends on the survivor builds. Depends on the map. Blanket statements can't really be made about Nurse vs Spirit vs Billy if we're just talking about who's better. They're 1A, 1B, 1C.

Billy is stronger on a larger map when all survivors have Iron Will. Not that uncommon at red ranks.

Spirit is stronger on a map like Lery's or Hawkins, especially if survivors don't have Iron Will.

Nurse is stronger against four W gamers on Autohaven, but she'll probably be tempted to uninstall if everyone zig zags through corn in every chase or if everyone runs to the middle structure on Sanctum of Wrath

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Spirit is stronger, but I prefer to play as and against Billy. A good Billy is the most fun Killer to go against, and it is also fun to go for Chainsaws and Curves.

Spirit is...meh.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

While Billy has much better map mobility, Spirit is much, much stronger in the chase.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Without the sound bugs, definitely spirit.

• yandere_gamer
    yandere_gamer Member Posts: 27

I think billy and spirit are on the same level but I would take spirit, while it is true that he has his chainsaw downs and can sprint across the map, I just prefer spirit for her more controllable movement speed, she doesn't have to cancel her power for coming across a wall, she can just walk around it. Also she can use add-ons to get up to billy's speed easily with mother daughter ring, and if you are concerned about losing scratch marks just bring father's glasses and sloppy butcher, or just take stridor and rely on sound. And spirit isn't a guessing game for those that can listen for sounds of pain, footsteps, and movement of corn/grass.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited April 2020

Spirit is more consistent against good survivors because they can’t deny her power like they can Billy’s chainsaw. You can easily force Billy to M1 but you can’t deny Spirit her power.

Against average random solos Billy is going to end the match sooner with less effort.

Trying to loop a Spirit is much harder than Billy (if she’s good) because you don’t see her position and you’re taking a guess on where she is.

Also, Spirit is faster than Billy while phasing if she has the add-on Mother Daughter Ring which means she can have just a much map pressure with certain add-ons.

Playing against Billy is just like most other M1 killers. He’s weak to pallet loops while Spirit is not.

If I was against the best Spirit/Billy player I would take my chances with Billy. Billy has more counterplay than Spirit.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    edited April 2020

Spirit "nerf" did nothing except make it so you cant cheese the collision

its still a coin toss when running unless they are hot garbage

Billy at least feels fair unless its Crack billy or something

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I prefer to face Spirit over Billy anyday of the week. Mainly because of the one-down. Getting caught in an unfavourable spot and it's hooks for me.

With a Spirit, I at least can run her around for longer and (unlike some people in this thread) I can predict her potential pathing more than Billy. Yes, Spirit is more predictable than Billy for me because of how obvious people who play her tend to be.

It's always satisfying when you correctly timed a pallet stun while she is phasing. Can't say the same with Billy who eats pallets like they're breakfast.

• Marcus

Spirit isn't faster with MD Ring tho. A Spirit with that red add-on moves at 216% speed, while an add-onless Billy moves at 230% speed.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

According to Otz’s killer add-on tier list video. Spirit gains 70% movement speed with MDR which would make her 246% which would be faster than Billy. I don’t actually know the exact calculations on the percentages myself since I don’t use MDR.

Regardless if she can move faster than Billy or not, she still moves at sonic speed and can have insane map pressure. It’s still damn close to Billy’s speed.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2020

Or hillbily caught you off guard. Just because you dont know billy well doesnt mean everyone cant. I know every hillbilly potenials.

On topic: i cant really tell but i feel like spirit is stronger .

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

They're pretty equal, but they're each better in different ways.

Spirit requires half a brain-cell to play effectively, whereas if you wanted to play Billy as well as you want to play Spirit, you need to put in more effort.

Billy is definitely the more balanced and fair killer out of the 2 as well, but he can make a game boring if all you do with him is wait until someone gets unhooked then immediately sprint back to the hook. That kind of playstyle and instasaw and pop etc aren't the most fun things in the world.

Both of them don't need addons at all for most survivors. But if I'm being honest, not having addons as Billy against a lot of the good survivors can be a pretty bad experience.

Imo Spirit is better overall since she'll down people much more consistently, and she's good on every map. If you're on a coldwind map, Lery's, ironworks it can be pretty tough as Billy.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Spirit. She can't be looped like Billy and she is harder to predict.

Billy might be faster, but Spirit has way more control over her movement.

• Marcus

I responded on that video saying that his values for Spirit's add-ons might be true.

Int3r4ct made a video about Spirit's add-ons and gave other values for them.