The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please, fix servers (feedback)! Server always disconnects me once per day consistently.

Chekita
Chekita Member Posts: 184
edited March 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I dont have any problems with the server here on regards to latency or anything, but recently (after the last chapter was launched, or maybe coincidence) I'm getting disconnected every single day I play the game at least once. It wasn't like this just recently. What was changed exactly? I'm connecting from Brazil.

The times I'm getting disconnected there is no change to the connection or to steam. It's a very fast and stable connection with optic fiber if anything is concerned, but either way the connection is not waving or being lost. It is something happening on the server.

Anyone else Latin america experiencing something similar recently?

Post edited by Chekita on

Comments

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

Im sure they're aware of this, probably devs are doing stuffs on the servers

• Chekita

I can't know if they are aware if there is no input from them or other players. It could be plain bad luck, though I doubt, because I dont even play every day, but every day I play I get at least 1 disconnect. This game was never like this, no reason to start now (no reason they gave at least). Are you experiencing something similar in your region?

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695

I do get DC when I play survivor, usually 1 match, that might be a bug

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192

I'm guessing it could be server load balance problem, it happened to me once.

• Chekita
    edited March 2020

It became like a staple thing. Every time I play I need to expect at least 1 match to disconnect on me all the sudden. I never ragequit as a killer bc its just ridiculous and pointless, you lose points, progress on any challenges and you look like an idiot even more if you are losing. Now Im forced every day I play to at least once or twice, playing just a few hours to get disconnected. Oof... it's really annoying.

Right now, just as I said yesterday, I down the survivor and then he is back up and about running and I already know... fk disconnected again.

Second day in a row and counting (I had many days before, but now I will start counting to pass the dc timer on forum).

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

In PS4, only DBD keeps saying i have no internet connection, and all other online games goes smooth. I think the connectivy issues may be not only in one platform. But the devs are still to give us a answer why dbd acts like that and if they are working on that.

• Chekita

That of no connection I had from time to time, but not consistently as the 1 time disconnection that is happening now. It's almost like a feature atm. When its says you have no connection it happened to me because of steam particularly, this is just a random 1 or 2 time disconnection that is almost timed between one day to another. It's almost as if the server wants to dc people on purpose to lower its load or as if it doesnt recognize your account before you pass the test of being disconnected on purpose.

• Cardoso994
    Cardoso994 Member Posts: 5

Hello, anyone from PS4 down to play?

My ps is: TiagoC15. It's me and another friend. We are having trouble finding games and if there are 4 of us I assume it is easier.

• Chekita

This is not the best place to recruit friends, try on discussion which is on the first page. Im pretty sure its easier to find a better topic for that or create yours.

Anyways. 3rd day in a row another disconnection as usual. One more day, one more disconnect.

• Chekita
    edited March 2020

4th day, 4th disconnect and counting.

Edit: 4th day, 5th disconnect. This thing happening became such a feature in the game for me that in the 4th disconnect I didnt receive the lockdown from lobby. Please, fix this bug. I can vouch for it happening everyday consistently. Today I will post the video on youtube showing how it is happening.

• Chekita
    edited March 2020

5th day, 5th disconnect in a row. Still no word about why this keeps happening consistently. The game simply decides to disconnect me 1 match per day.

• Chekita

6th day, 6th disconnect. Lets see till the day ends.

• Chekita

Well, its real and its evolving. Now Im getting 2-3 disconnects by the server. At the 7th day got 15 min of lock down when I never, ever rage quit. Please, what is happening?

• Chekita

Stopped for some time.... getting back and then, yet again. 8th day, 8th disconnect.

• hexgongiveittoya
    hexgongiveittoya Member Posts: 7

I started playing a match about 10 minutes ago. About 20 seconds into the match I got another loading screen and received the error message "the server is no longer available". I got a 5 minute disconnect penalty.

If you're going to enforce disconnect penalties at least make the servers reliable first.

• Chekita

Yet again, DC penalties come back AND the 1 DC per day come back as well. Why in the F hell, I only get disconnected by the game when you guys turn this penalties ON. I cant help but think one thing is related to another, since exactly the first day I play with the penalties back the 1 obligatory auto-DC start happening again. The same old, same old... -_- another day, another 1 or 2 auto-dcs.

That didnt happen before with servers, or after when dc penalties were not working.

• Chekita

I am please to say that the game doesn't DC consistenly every day I play anymore. Actually, after the latest patches the only situations it disconnects rarely is during loading screen. But very rarely.