The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SWF is Toxic Apparently.

Ran into a huntress that at the end of the game stated "Toxic" I inquired as to why and they replied. "Because you're SWF! That's so toxic." o.0 I commented a light-hearted comment on their profile saying "Apparently Survive with friends is toxic, learn something new every day. xD" To which they replied "Yes the definition of toxic is "someone who makes the game noticeably less enjoyable for other players" when using instant flashlights and skeleton keys against a level 10 killer.." Mind you this killer was rank 6. I didn't use a flash light but my friend did indeed have a key. Going off their explanation of Toxic, then basically without us starting off on the hook we're Toxic, because, Looping, Juking, running away, Slamming is all considered extremely toxic. I thought this would rather amusing and decided to share.

Comments

• Killers kill and survivors survive. There's nothing toxic about playing the game how it's supposed to be played.
    I don't get anyone with that type of mindset.
     If they can't handle how it's supposed to be they should consider another game.
     No point in getting themselves upset over something small. It's just a game after all.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@XDevilishFurryX said:
    Killers kill and survivors survive. There's nothing toxic about playing the game how it's supposed to be played.
     No point in getting themselves upset over something small. It's just a game after all.

We 2 should play some rounds. I bet i can make you uninstall the game by just playing normal.

• XDevilishFurryX
    XDevilishFurryX Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2018
    Tsulan said:

@XDevilishFurryX said:
    Killers kill and survivors survive. There's nothing toxic about playing the game how it's supposed to be played.

We 2 should play some rounds. I bet i can make you uninstall the game by just playing normal.

Well I did payed around $19 for it so I wouldn't waste the money.  X-X
    There will be wins and some losses and I'll accept defeat.
    There will be people obviously way better and more experienced than me. I hope to improve.

There may be people who play in certain ways but I can't control that. Things won't always just be easy.
    I payed to get enjoyment out of the game, and I'm not going to let anyone change that.
    It's not really healthy to rage or get upset over something that isn't real.
     I say it more out of concern for people who do get upset.
    There will be many more matches. I can't expect them all to go my way.
    To my first comment I was just mostly thinking about killers in horror movies and their victims. How it usually goes.

If I fall I'll just get back up and try again. No matter how many times I fall I'll try again.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Confused_Senpai said:
    Ran into a huntress that at the end of the game stated "Toxic" I inquired as to why and they replied. "Because you're SWF! That's so toxic." o.0 I commented a light-hearted comment on their profile saying "Apparently Survive with friends is toxic, learn something new every day. xD" To which they replied "Yes the definition of toxic is "someone who makes the game noticeably less enjoyable for other players" when using instant flashlights and skeleton keys against a level 10 killer.." Mind you this killer was rank 6. I didn't use a flash light but my friend did indeed have a key. Going off their explanation of Toxic, then basically without us starting off on the hook we're Toxic, because, Looping, Juking, running away, Slamming is all considered extremely toxic. I thought this would rather amusing and decided to share.

Killers are blamed for tunneling and camping all day because they try to do their job.
    Cant really blame a killer for calling SWF toxic now since SWF actually breaks the balance of the game :wink:

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Is survive with friends toxic no I don't think so, but it does put the killer at a major disadvantage and narrows play styles. 
  • Confused_Senpai
    Confused_Senpai Member Posts: 60

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

Killers are blamed for tunneling and camping all day because they try to do their job.
    Cant really blame a killer for calling SWF toxic now since SWF actually breaks the balance of the game :wink:

I wouldn't say SWF breaks the game honestly especially since they are doing more things for solo players to adjust the balance a little like making Kindred supposedly baseline and deleting the perk altogether giving solo survivors more information on the hooks and campy killers and a way to more or less combat multiple people running to the same hooked person somewhat as well. So with this little change survivors will more or less have the same information that an SWF team does when someone is hooked. Having well-coordinated teams always puts people at a disadvantage for sure but to call it toxic I'd have to disagree.

• Master

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

I wouldn't say SWF breaks the game honestly especially since they are doing more things for solo players to adjust the balance a little like making Kindred supposedly baseline and deleting the perk altogether giving solo survivors more information on the hooks and campy killers and a way to more or less combat multiple people running to the same hooked person somewhat as well. So with this little change survivors will more or less have the same information that an SWF team does when someone is hooked. Having well-coordinated teams always puts people at a disadvantage for sure but to call it toxic I'd have to disagree.

Ah so because the devs suggested to lift solo surivovors up to the SWF level without any compensation buffing killers or nerfing survivors in general, this means SWF does not break the game?

Can you pls elaborate on that, I dont understand that logic

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    The other day I played LF for a daily, and the squad I was up against (way too coordinated to be anything but full team, plus were all 2 rank 2 to my rank 12) sabo'd hooks when they could and for the first 2 minutes were perfectly rotating aggro to save each other and were perfect in saving from hooks and blocking. I was helpless even as Leatherface. Was it toxic? Hell no. I expected tea bags at the exit or messages after but nope. They were just coordinated and excellent players.

People in this community cry toxic at anything to justify being toxic back or anything they don't like or even as an excuse to them losing. No community is more toxic. (Not even LoL, OW, Console Siege casual communities are this bad) I just laugh it off and move on, be cause at the end of the day, they don't matter. 
  • Confused_Senpai

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

Ah so because the devs suggested to lift solo surivovors up to the SWF level without any compensation buffing killers or nerfing survivors in general, this means SWF does not break the game?

Survivors don't need to be nerfed at all, they vary based on skill levels, you minus the pallets and we basically run into dry spells with no hope of escape unless you're a juking beast, they are somewhat nerfing us in the next patch because healing is going to take longer, the changes to exhaustion nerfed exhaustion perks quite a bit since it doesn't recharge during chase. Survivors have been nerfed repeatedly with killers getting a good round of buffs last patch so you can't really say there wasn't any buffs for killers.

• Master

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

Survivors don't need to be nerfed at all, they vary based on skill levels, you minus the pallets and we basically run into dry spells with no hope of escape unless you're a juking beast, they are somewhat nerfing us in the next patch because healing is going to take longer, the changes to exhaustion nerfed exhaustion perks quite a bit since it doesn't recharge during chase. Survivors have been nerfed repeatedly with killers getting a good round of buffs last patch so you can't really say there wasn't any buffs for killers.

Bloodlust nerf? Pallet buff? DS buff?
    just to name a few

I recommend playing killer at high rank once and you will understand more about the game

• Tsulan

@XDevilishFurryX said:
    Tsulan said:

@XDevilishFurryX said:

There will be people obviously way better and more experienced than me. I hope to improve.

There may be people who play in certain ways but I can't control that. Things won't always just be easy.
    I payed to get enjoyment out of the game, and I'm not going to let anyone change that.
    To my first comment I was just mostly thinking about killers in horror movies and their victims. How it usually goes.

If I fall I'll just get back up and try again. No matter how many times I fall I'll try again.

I assume you are new here. So i give you the benefit of the doubt.
    But this game can be really stressful. There is no other game i´ve played, where people get so angry. Even LoL has less toxic people than DbD.
    On low ranks, the game plays like it´s supposed to be played. Killers are strong, survivors fear for their lives. Everyone is happy. But on high ranks, the powerrole shifts dramatically. Killers turn to bullied victims and survivors to bullies. This is happens basically because of some design choices that make it incredible easy for survivors to keep the killer busy for an almost infinite amount of time.
    Survivors teabag and click with their flashlights to get the attention of the killer. They taunt him, because they know that he can´t down them in certain spots. This breeds toxic behavior.
    If you don´t know what i mean, i recommend you to play killer on high ranks.

I wish you good luck. ;)

• Tsulan

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

No, they are not nerfing survivors in the next patch. They talked about possible changes. So don´t worry. Survivors won´t get nerfed, since the devs talked about hatch changes and even DS nerfs in other streams and nothing has happend.

Survivors got a tiny nerf in the mid season patch. While 2 weak killers got some QoL changes. That´s about it. The exhaustion nerf affects only a small amount of survivors. Or an you honestly say, that you can trigger SB twice during the same chase?
    Spoiler: I can´t!

Killers are already getting nerfed again.

• Salticidae
    Salticidae Member Posts: 6

@XDevilishFurryX said:

That's great...
    But it's a little different when it's because someone keeps tripping you...

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Lets dodge SWF! it is the one way to be heard.

• Salticidae
    Salticidae Member Posts: 6

@SoylentPixie said:

I cannot speak for everyone, but the bottom part of this picture is pretty accurate for me and my friend

The bottom one is just part 1 of the top one...

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    Tsulan said:

@XDevilishFurryX said:
    Tsulan said:

@XDevilishFurryX said:

I assume you are new here. So i give you the benefit of the doubt.
    But this game can be really stressful. There is no other game i´ve played, where people get so angry. Even LoL has less toxic people than DbD.
    On low ranks, the game plays like it´s supposed to be played. Killers are strong, survivors fear for their lives. Everyone is happy. But on high ranks, the powerrole shifts dramatically. Killers turn to bullied victims and survivors to bullies. This is happens basically because of some design choices that make it incredible easy for survivors to keep the killer busy for an almost infinite amount of time.
    Survivors teabag and click with their flashlights to get the attention of the killer. They taunt him, because they know that he can´t down them in certain spots. This breeds toxic behavior.
    If you don´t know what i mean, i recommend you to play killer on high ranks.

I wish you good luck. ;)

Because in low ranks the survivors are new and have very little hours. I RARELY played killer until recently when I started back up and I destroyed everybody up until I got to about Rank 11 when people started to escape from me more often. It is simply because players are more used to the game and know how to play. There is going to be no fear at high ranks due to people becoming accustomed to the gameplay. That is the purpose of higher ranked matches, games will be more intense and harder for both sides. Happens with most online multiplayer games. You can’t expect to run over every survivor in your path. There are some that will be more skilled than you period. Some will be toxic and some will just be coordinated and know what to do. Of course the toxicity is awful but not EVERY survivor at high rank is toxic and not all SWF will teabag you at the gate and be toxic. That’s like me saying that all Wraith’s will camp the hook cloaked and all Leatherface’s will do Insidious plays in the basement. 
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Killers don't like SWF because the difference in coordination is very noticeable.

It's not fun to have gens pop in rapid succession.

This is why I learned Nurse. That way I could level the playing field.

• Confused_Senpai

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

just to name a few

I recommend playing killer at high rank once and you will understand more about the game

Where are you getting a DS Buff from? DS is going to be changed to be a stun where they aren't dropped. Pallets have just been changed slightly so that the animation doesn't take as long to complete it's literally a decimal percentage that was changed I think it was something like .6 seconds or some bs like that. Bloodlust was changed but only in tier 2 and 3 which most chases if you're crafty don't even last that long. I have played killer in the higher ranks right around 3-5 if you're going to spend the whole game chasing a single target that's all on you. If I run into a looper that actually knows what they're doing, I'll break off and hunt one of the others until they make a mistake and I'll catch them out on it. You want to name some nerfs though What about SS? Exhaustion? The incoming DS Change? There is a whole slew of stuff that was changed and now they're nerfing the suvivors healing rate because it's too fast. They're also looking into other things for survivors to do besides gen because of gen rushing.

• Master

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

just to name a few

Where are you getting a DS Buff from? DS is going to be changed to be a stun where they aren't dropped. Pallets have just been changed slightly so that the animation doesn't take as long to complete it's literally a decimal percentage that was changed I think it was something like .6 seconds or some bs like that. Bloodlust was changed but only in tier 2 and 3 which most chases if you're crafty don't even last that long. I have played killer in the higher ranks right around 3-5 if you're going to spend the whole game chasing a single target that's all on you. If I run into a looper that actually knows what they're doing, I'll break off and hunt one of the others until they make a mistake and I'll catch them out on it. You want to name some nerfs though What about SS? Exhaustion? The incoming DS Change? There is a whole slew of stuff that was changed and now they're nerfing the suvivors healing rate because it's too fast. They're also looking into other things for survivors to do besides gen because of gen rushing.

Next patch the only counter of DS will be removed, you cant make the obession waste his DS by juggling anymore. How is that not a buff?
    .6 seconds is insane btw, it is definitely less and it is still noticable

Yeah sure, if there is a looper yuo just search the pleb in the team and tunnel him to death, what a great mechanic, that you can even write this without noticing that sth is wrong there.... no words

What is SS?
    You call the exhaustion a nerf? I barely notice anything as survivor tbh, actually it helps me because I am only a semi-decent looper and it ######### me up several times when sprintburst randomly activated during chase, in my books that was a buff fo survivors (at least the non optimal loopers lol)

DS change?`I still cant see it, I can only see a DS buff in the patch notes of PTB

Healing rate of survivors nerfed? Cant see that in the patchnotes either

They are looking into things to do for survivors instead of genrushign? Yeah I watched the Q&A, they want to buff sabotage and amke it THREE TIMES easier to pick up a downed survivor, damn these insane survivor nerfs. Noone will play survivor anymore when this is implemented :wink:

• Confused_Senpai

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

just to name a few

Next patch the only counter of DS will be removed, you cant make the obession waste his DS by juggling anymore. How is that not a buff?

Yeah sure, if there is a looper yuo just search the pleb in the team and tunnel him to death, what a great mechanic, that you can even write this without noticing that sth is wrong there.... no words

What is SS?
    You call the exhaustion a nerf? I barely notice anything as survivor tbh, actually it helps me because I am only a semi-decent looper and it ######### me up several times when sprintburst randomly activated during chase, in my books that was a buff fo survivors (at least the non optimal loopers lol)

DS change?`I still cant see it, I can only see a DS buff in the patch notes of PTB

They are looking into things to do for survivors instead of genrushign? Yeah I watched the Q&A, they want to buff sabotage and amke it THREE TIMES easier to pick up a downed survivor, damn these insane survivor nerfs. Noone will play survivor anymore when this is implemented :wink:

If you watched the recent Q&A like you said you did then I wouldn't have to explain all of this too you and in the previous Q&A is where they talked about the DS change and how they felt it was a bit too strong at the moment. You didn't watch but maybe 10 minutes of the Q&A I bet. xD You want to come out with guns blazing watch the whole thing. For exhaustion, if you call a random sprint burst a bad thing, especially when you're being chased down in straightaways I question your abilities, I always kept track of my exhaustion before the nerf it was the main priority when being chased so I knew exactly when I was going to burst away and how far that would take me, either to the better looper to pawn the killer off too or to the next pallet/window if I could extend it a little further. Tunneling is a fact of life in this game and they have come out several times to say that tunneling and camping are both viable strats so to say you're going to keep going after the looper instead of the weaker members / "Plebs." is all on you, I prefer my survivors extra crispy on the hook than chasing around one person for 20 minutes. Whether there is something wrong with the game or not based on this doesn't matter as the devs aren't ever really going to do anything about it that's just a fact and something that should be accepted. The future changes to come, in the Q&A they even stated it wouldn't be in this round of PTB as they have a lot of things they're changing and SS stands for Soul Survivor, once a decent perk now isn't even worth picking up in my opinion. Going back to sprint burst though, to solve the randomness of it they could have simply made it an active use like dead hard just without the damage avoidance and extended the exhaustion recovery rate slowing it down to the desired amount which would have largely left other exhaustion perks alone, because lets be honest, they really changed the Exhuastion perks solely because of Sprint Burst in mid chases feeling a bit too op, that moment you almost have a surv and they sprint away got old for most killers and the forums reflected that. No one really had an issue with BL or DH because those were predictable but SB was in a whole other catagory. The .6 seconds that you tout as being insane, they literally just changed the animation so you don't twirl anymore giving it a slight buff in that respect. Making it where killers have less of a chance of hitting through a pallet that's already been dropped which was bs in the first place, much like killers hitting you through a window that you've already jumped through or how about the hit boxes the size of texas that even when a killer misses by a damn country mile he still connects, several videos of that up on youtube showing it off clear as day.

• Master

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

just to name a few

What is SS?

If you watched the recent Q&A like you said you did then I wouldn't have to explain all of this too you and in the previous Q&A is where they talked about the DS change and how they felt it was a bit too strong at the moment. You didn't watch but maybe 10 minutes of the Q&A I bet. xD You want to come out with guns blazing watch the whole thing. For exhaustion, if you call a random sprint burst a bad thing, especially when you're being chased down in straightaways I question your abilities, I always kept track of my exhaustion before the nerf it was the main priority when being chased so I knew exactly when I was going to burst away and how far that would take me, either to the better looper to pawn the killer off too or to the next pallet/window if I could extend it a little further. Tunneling is a fact of life in this game and they have come out several times to say that tunneling and camping are both viable strats so to say you're going to keep going after the looper instead of the weaker members / "Plebs." is all on you, I prefer my survivors extra crispy on the hook than chasing around one person for 20 minutes. Whether there is something wrong with the game or not based on this doesn't matter as the devs aren't ever really going to do anything about it that's just a fact and something that should be accepted. The future changes to come, in the Q&A they even stated it wouldn't be in this round of PTB as they have a lot of things they're changing and SS stands for Soul Survivor, once a decent perk now isn't even worth picking up in my opinion. Going back to sprint burst though, to solve the randomness of it they could have simply made it an active use like dead hard just without the damage avoidance and extended the exhaustion recovery rate slowing it down to the desired amount which would have largely left other exhaustion perks alone, because lets be honest, they really changed the Exhuastion perks solely because of Sprint Burst in mid chases feeling a bit too op, that moment you almost have a surv and they sprint away got old for most killers and the forums reflected that. No one really had an issue with BL or DH because those were predictable but SB was in a whole other catagory. The .6 seconds that you tout as being insane, they literally just changed the animation so you don't twirl anymore giving it a slight buff in that respect. Making it where killers have less of a chance of hitting through a pallet that's already been dropped which was bs in the first place, much like killers hitting you through a window that you've already jumped through or how about the hit boxes the size of texas that even when a killer misses by a damn country mile he still connects, several videos of that up on youtube showing it off clear as day.

Funny that you mention hitboxes the size of texas, but this is exactly what I imagine when the pallet drops down IN FRONT of me but still stuns me, but ofc thtats not gonna change :wink:

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@SoylentPixie said:

I cannot speak for everyone, but the bottom part of this picture is pretty accurate for me and my friend

The top pic is how any good SWF operates. I'm sure there are casual just "chill and run gens" SWF, and that's fine, that's what it's there for. People have issues with the ridiculously good SWF groups because of how organized they are against a little random killer.

• Master

@Salticidae said:

@SoylentPixie said:

The bottom one is just part 1 of the top one...

Of course there are casual SWF out there, but they are completely irrelveant if we talk about the balance of the game.
    If you dont wanna tryhard, thats fine, but please stop trying to talk about balance then because we all know that SWF is not balanced atm

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    edited September 2018

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

@Master said:

@Confused_Senpai said:

just to name a few

What is SS?

Funny that you mention hitboxes the size of texas, but this is exactly what I imagine when the pallet drops down IN FRONT of me but still stuns me, but ofc thtats not gonna change :wink:

actually this next patch is going to change pallet hitbox unless you didn't know about that ;)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:

Which is ironic considering I get hit 5 feet on the other side of the pallet when the killer was stunned. Talk about Texas sized hitboxes.

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

I runned into a lot of Toxic SWF, i don't consider all SWF toxics but when they start getting annoying with flashlights, t-bags, spamming alerts i consider toxic, then at the end if they get camped they complain like bitches

• Tsulan

@SoylentPixie said:

I played with both pictures. The lazy jokingly team that laughs over the ######### that happens to friends. And i also played with SWF deathsquads, where everyone had a role. The ones who were not good at looping where strictly forbidden to drop the god pallet in the shack.

So yes, both exist.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

@Tsulan said:
    I played with both pictures. The lazy jokingly team that laughs over the ######### that happens to friends. And i also played with SWF deathsquads, where everyone had a role. The ones who were not good at looping where strictly forbidden to drop the god pallet in the shack.

So yes, both exist.

My friends and I are too inept to be deathsquad material, its all for fun for us, but i get what you mean. It's nice to have the non 'ass-hat' side acknowledged amidst all the bad rap though. I know we are likely the minority, but we do exist and some of us actively try to make life.....not easier, because that would be patronising as hell...but at the very least, non hostile.