The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Re-work totem placement ASAP!!

Spawning with a hex: totem as survivor is flat out stupidity!!

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I had a game as Freddy last week on Haddonfield. I spawned on my Ruin in the playground area and within line of sight, directly in front of it maybe about 10m, is another (dull) totem. I literally stood there looking at these totems for about a minute before I went about my business.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

"ASAP"
    Not happening anytime soon.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    wouldn't want survivors to actually have to go out of their way to delete your perks now would we.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

New hex perk makes me want them to break mine.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Totem rework has to take a lot into account and be very careful imo, I don't mind them taking their time with it.

If they make it not spawn near gens, or near survivors that makes it very easy to pin point the places they CAN spawn.

• sergantuss
    sergantuss Member Posts: 43

all what need to be done is give killers choose a place for totem themself and the problem will be done
    cuz every time when i spawn as surv RIGHT on the totem make me feel that this game is rly broken
    and since this is the best perk for killers(who can not pass the map fast) to slow down a game vs good team of SWF its rly broke some of them
    this will never be in the game for sure since devs dont love to do some hard work but still
    all problems of the game can be solid rly easly

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140
    Why does the hex spawn on a hill is beyond me 😒
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    They don't need to re do totem placement to help the problem. However totems on the hill an totems completely exposed are just stupid. 

Re-doing the placement however useful, won't stop them from being cleansed immediately. Even if no one spawns next to it or it's not right next to a gen. People will learn the new spawn points and just go there instead of the old ones. That's why ruin doesn't last very long against experienced players(assuming I didn't go in the first 30 seconds)

they need to to add a better system for totems to ensure they aren't destroyed before you can even get there. Now I have no idea what a good 'system' would be but there are plenty of posts about it in balance feedback
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited September 2018

@Vankruze said:
    Spawning with a hex: totem as survivor is flat out stupidity!!

The devs have "fixed" the totem issues by introducing another hex perk.
    Yes its a bandaid fix but its only killers that are affected and devs are lazy, so easy fix :wink:

• hisu
    hisu Member Posts: 20

@katoptris said:
    Why does the hex spawn on a hill is beyond me 😒

I recently had such a match. It was the best position for it though, because I was huntress and hit at least 3 survivors who wanted to cleanse it. Also hooked them near it, so that was very good though :)

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

There seriously needs to be a totem rework as due to all of my play time on Coldwind Farm I can find totems very quickly. I will break your Hex: Ruin while chanting "Country Roads".

• Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73

Didn't they mention in the last stream about wanting to work on this? They also mentioned about not having them elevated so it would just be a skull on the ground thus making it more difficult to see.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

They should just put all the hex perks on a timer or a token system TBH. Anything that requires someone to rely on RNG is just bad design.