Survivors are getting nerfed too much

Options

Comments

• petneato
    petneato Member Posts: 6
    Options

Youre simply wrong the game has phantom matchmaking rank up to red rank killer and youll understand the definition of bullshit. You cant compare rank 9 its different. you wanna use my account and play be my guest guarantee you get #########.

• bkillerc
    bkillerc Member Posts: 142
    Options

I was actually thinking that A little while after I posted... kindred in current state is pretty strong. (Old kindred would have been a little more fair to be base kit)

yes, that’s completely fair or kindred and bbq basekit BUT in a nerfed version and then u run the perks to buff it to where it is now.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

> Complain about people not wanting to sweat

> Also complain about the same people tunneling as Freddy with a Mori

Which is it, then? Do you want them to play sweaty or not?

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538
    Options

Why is it that most of the players that are saying “killer OP!” have a very little amount of posts and pfp not changed? Is the Original post guy making new accounts lol

• Swiped_Fox
    Swiped_Fox Member Posts: 1
    Options

Finally someone says it I'm always going against rank 1s and it's just hard in general to finish a single gen without having someone knocked down in the first few mins. Then by the end of the game if it's not noed it's and eboy or devour hope, this killer mains are always playing the victim and playing on both sides I can say playing killer is often easy but the opposite for survivor

• afroboi
    afroboi Member Posts: 69
    Options

just because you cant counter certain killers doesnt make them op

• afroboi
    afroboi Member Posts: 69
    Options

they nerfed killer cause back then survivor was op af imagine sprint burst active while running imagine vaulting from any angle and get a fast vault and desicive would activate instantly good survivors would loop you for like 4 gens and back then instant heals were a thing so when you pick them up you'd have to drop them and pick them which wastes a lot of time then last gen popped exit gates opened and adrenlaine it wasnt fun at all back then most killers inculding me would camp cause 2 gens got popped and i cant do anything basically it wasnt fun

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options
  • LoneWolf820B
    LoneWolf820B Member Posts: 12
    Options

Not a single killer you just mentioned is OP. I escape from them much more than not. And if Freddy is so OP, how come you don't run into him every 3 or 4 games like you do doc or Myers? And doc is easy enough to play against if you know what you're doing. Myers can be tricky but definitely not OP. Hitboxes are broken somewhat but they're not responsible for hits across the map. That's dedicated servers. Not a killer being OP issue. And those "good loops" they're removing? I've literally only heard about the I finite ones being removed which by definition are broken. They're not removing every good loop. Only the OP ones. And this is coming from a 50/50 player. I don't main one side or the other. Killer is by far the underpowered side currently. I have too many survivor games where we walk all over killers (and this is non swf)

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476
    Options

This forum is a killer echo room.

Your won't receive any healthy takes, or at least not many. Just be thankful were not on DBD reddit anymore. Where the killer echo room would down vote good takes on survivors and upvote simple minded memes for killers.

Just like you see here, minus the upvote/down vote.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

"gen rushing wouldn't be a thing if people knew how to patrol gens and infinites aren't a problem if you just leave the survivor and look for someone else"

That's the current problem. Most killer's don't have the tools to just drop a chase and go find another survivor or to deal with an infinite. While some killer's powers only excel well in chase's and not map pressure, and some killer's power's excel well with map pressure but not chases. Only 2 killer's can deal with infinites (Nurse and Spirit) and survivor's still want them nerfed despite the fact that the devs already nerfed them for survivor satisfaction.

I hate to say this. I understand that you play killer as well, but it sounds like to me that you need to play different killer's on different maps to understand why these changes are happening. Granted your gonna favor one side more than the other (for example! I play both sides but I prefer killer because it requires more skill), but playing both sides especially at high ranks will open your eyes up even more.

• BillyAndStu
    BillyAndStu Member Posts: 120
    Options

I play both equally and getting 3ks and 4ks does not mean surv role isnt broken. Against a team that is actually efficient and not doing dumb ######### killers have to play out of their minds and borderline perfectly to have a chance. Also i guarantee you theyre prolly working on fixing the server problems in relation to hits cuz they are bullcrap at times. Except thats pretty much the only thing killers have had going for them ironically. Survs have had tons of ways to extend chases and keep killer busy. They STILL have them after this patch. The only difference is that they wont have god loops they can use 3 times then run over to the jungle gym and safe pallet right next to it. This happens on all the maps they changed pretty much. Also if you think myers is op with his red addons hes SUPPOSED to be. If hes using either red addon he has to basically drain every surv of their stalk meter. And literally best way to play against myers is to break LOS. Deathslinger is FAR from op and the servers may help him a bit but it doesnt change the fact that if he hits a surv people can still body block the chain and the chain still breaks easy. Not to mention one of his counters is dropping pallets early. Doctor isnt op hes just better now. He can actually do work but still suffers against a good team. Freddy tho yeah hes pretty op.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Okay man. Facts now. Reality.

One gen takes 80 seconds. Four survivors and a killer start the trial. To keep three gens (60% of the survivor objective) from popping, you have to find, chase, hook AND find another survivor again in 80 seconds, toolboxes, greats and other speed-up excluded. If you split the pain and the survivors are optimal the numbers are even worse, because injured people do gens.

So...how do you expect a killer like Doctor to win against a team like this? Now it's your turn to bring facts, not just accusations.

• BillyAndStu
    BillyAndStu Member Posts: 120
    Options

Thats pretty much just a quality of life improvement. Thats not even a buff its just a change. And its not gonna move him on anyones tier list.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Can't say nothing was ever done for him. It's written right there.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options

My god, Im replying to you again, because your takes scratch the itch of the lesser minded people on this forum, hence your upvotes from this killer echo room.

Your hot takes are so easy to counter based soley off the '2 escape, 2 kill' metric that if I was to highlight the trajectory of the game to you, I'd probably get a blank stare because its so clear to me that you haven't been playing this game since release.

• FearedbytheGods
    Options
  • Ghostface31
    Ghostface31 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Try going against an organized actually good at the game swf it's hard I'm a rank 1 killer and I've gone against a four man swf that were organized it's impossible to win, even as spirit or nurse I doubt you could win.

• AsePlayer
    Options

Try going against insta-saw Billy with an ebony on the new dead zone maps. I doubt you could win.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

Nice bait calling this bait :)

or you must be bad at playing killer

Certain killers have too much capability of being too efficient. Especially high mobility. Solo play isn’t playable. Hell if you don’t have 3 other coordinated teammates it’s unplayable. I think the loops can be ridiculous but that only accounts for what.... a small portion of the map? The other 90% of the map is killer sided? I spawn in sometimes and see a pallet every 20-30 steps or so. Maps are shrinking and loops are getting taken away. Yeah I’d rather not play anymore. Killers that don’t need buffs get buffs.

• Ghostface31
    Options

I play rank 1 killer and survivor most loops are no where near killer sided and high mobility killer are playable against in solo play ik cause I play both sides at the highest level the game is heavily biased to survivor

• Ghostface31
    Options

It's possible but not against a 4 man swf who is organized

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67
    Options

I'm sick of people acting like Killers getting any sort of buff or complaining about the balance means we want an easy game where we don't have to do anything but press a button or two. If I wanted to press a button or hold one I'd play survivor. This game is reliant on skill. I want to be able to use said skills and have it mean a 2 or 3k, rather than try my best and just get teabagged and decisived.

• AsePlayer
    Options

You have clearly not gone through that experience if you think it's possible for anyone (provided that the Killer has at least 2 brain cells).

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited April 2020
    Options

Posting this for @Peanits so he doesn’t have to repost it...

PeanitsApr 9, 2020

I'm not sure where the rumours of pallet reduction are starting, but they are not true. The number of pallets is unchanged barring the Disturbed Ward, which now has two fewer pallets in the main building. For the rest of the maps, the amount is unchanged. While a tile may not be a maze tile, it can still have a pallet on it (e.g. A rock/tree loop, some debris with a pallet on it, bales of hay with a pallet, etc.) Changing how many maze tiles spawn or where they spawn does not change the minimum and maximum pallet counts.

there @CJ46

• AsePlayer
    Options

The pallets claim isn't nearly as important as the increase in dead zones (in essence, making pallets seem much more scarce than they are). There might even be less pallets too, wouldn't be surprised if it bugged out while the shrunk map sizes.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

@AsePlayer I’ll try to be nice. Do you not think if this change negatively effects the game too much that they won’t adjust it next major patch?

they always overcorrect with everything just like killers (I don’t care if it effects you or not) got upset over ruin.

so they messed with sabo and toolbox’s they felt after some time it needed adjustment so they are altering muti repairs to help.

if there ends up being high kill rates again what makes you think they wouldn’t add more pallets if needed?

• AsePlayer
    Options

It's like watching a car crash. I'm pretty certain I know exactly how this is going to go down and all I can do is sit and watch it happen.

Not just this issue, but every time players have given their opinion on the PTB, it's usually discarded. Then when it hits live surprise surprise, it should've been changed. I wish there was just more competency and communication in the first place.

I mean they even managed to "fix" the ironworks infinite by making it even more of an infinite on accident. It feels like they don't even have a QA team or something.

As much as I love the devs, they put me on edge with every change they make.

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188
    Options

"Patrol gens" is what everybodys says Killers can't patrol every gen on the map In secs While in chase, can't patrol gens hooking a survivor. Then u say infinites wouldn't be a problem if u leave them alone? Yes let's let that person go so they can do a gen then while we start chasing that other person THEY ABUSE THE INFINITE AS WELL!! Everybody loves to abuse the infinites on some maps let killers get something going for them geez

• AsePlayer
    Options

Patrol the 3 gens that are closest in proximity and don't get tunnel vision.

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

Ok u didn't explain the "while in chase scenario" u can't patrol and chase at the same time. If a legit good swf is what your going against then good luck my friend.

• dfntlynotSCP049
    dfntlynotSCP049 Member Posts: 23
    Options

I used to be a Killer main. Now since around when Ash came out I play both just about equally. I haven't noticed a "nerf" with survivors because you can't "nerf" survivors. Sure, perks can be changed, but that's not what you're talking about. You're talking about how "overpowered" killers are. Here's a fact, I played infinite Tier 3 Myers with an Ebony just last night. I'm rank 12. I had two red ranks and two brown ranks with high-level gear. Not only did this further prove that the ranking system is broken, but all four survivors escaped. I hooked two of them, but guess what? Borrowed time, decisive strike, self care, dead hard, a yellow flashlight with Odd Bulb, and of course, good ol' exit gate teabagging. That was just one survivor in that group. The others had similar, but more thought out builds. Rainbow maps, a sabo toolbox that they used ineffectively only on hooks I was far away from for some reason, and a flashlight found in a chest. Now how can you say that survivors have been nerfed, when I also play survivor with head on, unbreakable, dark sense, and decisive strike as Laurie. Almost every survivor game in my recent gameplay has resulted in an escape. You know why? Those survivor perks and rank reset. Rank reset is a whole other argument I'm not going to get into. If you can convincingly argue against this, I will be genuinely surprised and impressed. You will have gained my respect, but not my support.

• AsePlayer
    edited April 2020
    Options

I mean, they can't progress the game if you stay on your generators. They'll whittle down resources and you'll get free hits and maybe even downs. Committing a short while and getting a down and then popping their gen with PGTW is a good way to maintain the 3 gen, but don't commit to a chase for too long.

• LetsBeFriendly
    LetsBeFriendly Member Posts: 18
    Options

But survivors are expected to sweat for the escape? Nothing about this game is balanced. Either side. Survivors take more nerfs than anything the killers have had to go through. I have 3000+ hours in the game, rank 1 survivor and killer. I have seen both sides and see that changes are necessary but a lot of the nerfs or bluffs are truly unnecessary now.

Loops, Flashlights, DS, insta heal, sabo... the list goes on and on. Some of them were necessary but some were not. Toolboxes, yes. Extend the game, indeed. Sabo is just like 99'ing a hook now, just permanent (unecessary). Insta heals, I see the complaint and understand it. Keys are in talk for nerf, why? Because they used a means to secure their escape which is the goal of the game.

Survivor goal, do gens, get chased, save teammates, escape. (Doing one or two gets you nowhere.)

Killers goal, break, chase, hook (multiple times), sacrifice survivors. (Doing one or two gets you nowhere.)

The complaint comes down to play styles now. "Survivors are too toxic" or "killers are too sweaty." Listen, both sides are toxic and sweaty and becomes a damned match of who can be even sweatier. Nothing the dev's can do about that. Guaranteed.

I think it comes down to us as a community to actually play to have fun rather than try and but sadly, $1million says that will NEVER happen because people dont want that. They want more to benefit them because peeps be selfish. Make valid arguments compared to those who throw a tantrum and 9 times out of 10, its tantrum throwing.

• Dalbergg
    Dalbergg Member Posts: 27
    Options

It's hard to patrol gens, while chasing, hooking or pretty much any other killer objective. With prove thyself you can pop a gen before the killer even reaches your side of the map.

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

Not if your a non mobile killer on a huge map which is why their cutting map size best bet u have is to try to secure a 3 gen

• AsePlayer
    Options

You are talking about when you don't have a 3-gen. Pick the 3 closest generators and protect them with everything you got. It's okay to let the outskirt gens go.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

Noed is fine, and most ultra Rare add ons are too, with a few exceptions like iridescent head or that one for the Plague that everyone hates.

I compare Ebonys to keys. They finish the objective early which it shouldn't.

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

I just want to bring up your point of survivors taking more nerfs than anything like have u not sense this game in the earlier stages them nerfs u talking about was well overdue and just now killers r getting some good buffs (well not killers just the maps and loops) but you r a 100% right about the community thing I just want to play the game for fun but I can't have fun when u have the survivors who like to text u after game if they win or teabag at exit gate hell even teabag at pallets like that ruins the fun for me.

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

That is true your right about that but that will just drag the game out for so long

• Cheers
    edited April 2020
    Options

And what did they nerf because of that??? Ruin, and up until now as they've been losing oh so many killers, they recognised that they had to give them a buff or they are just going to quit.

It's also wierd a rank 1 survivor is killer minded, isn't it? Or maybe I'm unbiased and I track every single game I play and put them into stats to see my survival rate against killers.

• LetsBeFriendly
    LetsBeFriendly Member Posts: 18
    Options

Their are tools to your advantage. Use them. I've seen plenty of killers 3 gen a team, a good swf team. Goal of the game isnt just kills nor is the survivors goal to just escape. Want more pips, more sacrifices, more points, whatever it may be. Ending a game as fast as possible to camp a hook, focus 1 survivor, or solely focus gens will earn you a loss.

Infinites, bamboozle. Pallets, enduring, spirit fury, brutal strength. Gen rush, ruin, discordance, surveillance.

29% of killer perks go unused, 71% are very much used. 63% of survivor perks are hardly ever used, 37% perks are used. Approximately, this was all in self study of having the game since beta, the changes, the additions, 3000+ hours, having had the game since beta. This is my most recent finding though it may not be 100% accurate this is my experience as a killer and survivor.

Maybe the game mechanics and perks and sides complaints need to stop, rather maybe we just need to change game play style? Nah, ain't never gonna happen. LOL

• Cheers
    Options

Still bait? And guess what I am??? A solo player because the rest of my mates play PC or Playstation!

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

Aye there will always be arguments and debates for this game unfortunately that will never end I love the game and want to play it for fun the devs try to balance it out or whatever but honestly this game probably never be balanced as long as people complain. If the killer side gets a nerf killers complain and survivors gonna say "get good" or whatever. If survivors get nerved like what's happening now they complain. never ends