Awful Nurse at red ranks getting bullied!

DBD78
DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

So red rank killer here tired of stressful games really, time to derank. So only played Nurse like three times before today because she is so hard to play. So today I started playing Nurse! I really want to learn to play her because I'm good with all other killers.

So played 5-6 games today on Xbox and have still not gotten a single kill ๐Ÿ˜ Really wish I could just play against low rank survivors to get the games fun for everyone. The survivors I go up against now soon discover how bad I am and literally make fun of me teabagging and running around me. Yes not fun it's embarrasing really. And can't be fun for good survivors playing against a killer that play like a rank 20 killer either ๐Ÿ™„

Is there some other way than just playing games to get better? Any youtuber or something that is helpful? Any tips from you guys?

ยซ1

Comments

• HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116

I also try to learn her on ps4. I was rank 4 now iam rank 9 and got alot of tbagging. But its ok nurse on console is hard to learn. Sometimes i switch back to my main and swoop some asses to get back a little selfconfidence. So dont give up every succesful blink feels good

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

I recently did my Nurse adept on PS4. I had never played before. I started with just practicing learning how to down people with her and getting the timing right. That took me about a day. Then the 2nd day I was able to get Merciless with her towards the end of the day. I'm by no means a pro, but I was lucky that the group that I went against were total potatoes when it came to nurse. But I had the gist of it down at least. You'll get there. Don't give up.

• DBD78
    edited April 2020

Thanks guys! Will try to blink to the corners, it's a good tip! And no I won't give up. I use her Plaid Flannel addon to see where I blink, is that good to begin with or do you think I will learn faster without it?

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

May i ask you why there is no mouse/keyboard compatibility on console ?

As an old pc gamer i suffer to sim with controller, and in general when playing survivor you can make the killer miss a lot of swings because of the jankiness nature of aiming with the joysticks.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150
    edited April 2020

If you can predict movement then you can outsmart with nurse. Marth88 main nurse and I know noob3 and hybridpanda play her as well. Int3r4ct did a full guide on her including the movement speed and her add ons. I would watch him to understand her from inside out. Posted the link to the video below.

https://youtu.be/y1vmGIzrnF0

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Your first problem was learning to play one of the toughest Killers in one of the most skilled ranks. You can keep learning her, but if you really want to grow start small and build up from there. Play Nurse after rank reset, so you dont go up against the most skilled players.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Because iT wOuLd Be UnFaIr

I have multiple console friends who would beg to differ or say it's equal at the very least.

But can't please everyone.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Plaid Flannel is great to start with, as it helps give you an idea of how far you blink with how long you hold the button. I think it's best to use it for your first 4 or 5 games to get a feel for her ability, and then quit using it and try relying on your previous experience! I tried playing her right off the bat without the flannel, and it was a nightmare.... but after playing about 4 games with the flannel and then not using it, I did much better!

I hope it works for you too, and good luck! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

That's like saying you should go play against the New York Yankees to get better at baseball when you just started tee ball. If you are just starting out you don't benefit from facing the best players. That's why people suggest different rankings for different killer classes. That way you don't get completely steamrolled on one you don't play but if you're playing another killer that is basically the same as your main then you don't get an easier game. Grouping killers like that wouldn't be hard considering a lot of their playstyles are similar to eachother.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Isn't separate killer rank coming in the future too? This would help with wanting to learn a new killer without having to worry about your rankings like OP.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Plaid Flannel is good, you just need to beware of not becoming reliant on it. Whether or not you'd learn faster without it honestly depends on what kind of learner you are. If you learn best by trial and error, don't use it, but if you're someone who learns best by being given the solution and then imitating it, the Flannel could work well for you.

The only thing I would recommend against is using any add-ons that alter her base kit, such as range lengthening, fatigue reduction, ones that increase the chain blink window, add additional blinks, or even reduce the cooldown. Being good at Nurse is a lot about muscle memory, so while you're still learning her it's best to get used to her unaltered self first so you don't become reliant on those add-ons.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

As a former Nurse main, the best way to get better with Nurse is to lose. The best way to get better with Nurse to

1. Study survivors pathing.

Are they doubling back when you blink? Do they like when I land from my blink?

2. Learn from your mistakes.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Keep at it! As others have said, you will endure many losses while you level up with her.

in terms of strategies, I prefer to visualize the place where I want to blink rather than focusing on the survivor. Especially early on, I would recommend doing that and not even worrying about if you hit the survivor or not. Once you have the muscle memory, then you can worry about mindgames and if the survivor will run at you.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

The nurse is a killer who would greatly benefit from any sort of practice mode in the game, so you don't get punished for your rank when trying to learn how a new killer works. Especially one as technical as her.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Basically, playing Nurse for the first time now is like jumping into the deep end of a swimming pool when you don't know how to swim in the first place. Sure you might eventually get it through sheer panic and force of will, but it won't be fun, and it could kill you...mentally...

It's all about predicting where survivors are gonna go. If you're going against the average survivor many of them will try and double back on you which is easily countered by simply letting go of the blink earlier. Against good survivors, and Nurse players, we know how far your blink is gonna go when you release it, so then it becomes a mindgame and survivors will be going for as many LoS blockers as possible. It's all about predicting where you think survivors are gonna go. You will get bullied to death at first, but you'll eventually get the hang of it. The addon that shows you where you're blinking to might be helpful to start with. I never used it because it was distracting for me, but you might like it. And hell, it's a brown addon so you could run it indefinitely if you wanted to, there's no shame in relying on a brown addon like that if it helps you, nor is there shame in running a gen build on her to begin with. It's whatever you're most comfortable with.

Ardetha's Nurse guide is pretty outdated now (The part about her add-ons especially), but it's probably the best Nurse video out, he gives a few good tips through the video which are still relevant and might be helpful. https://youtu.be/EfnmZvK4l88

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,452

Nurse is easily the worst Killer on Console. Iโ€™ve only faced 2 since her rework and both times they couldnโ€™t even manage to kill a 2k(one of which couldnโ€™t even get a 1k). No one in red ranks ever plays her.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

Now I am a pretty ######### nurse myself, but something I've found is that when watching godly nurses like Ardetha, you actually start to learn her blink distances just through watching. For example, I'd never touched her, still can't now because she gives me a massive headache, but always used to watch Arde. First game I had with her my distances were already pretty close to perfect (just lunging that messed me up lmao). So watch people play her and you actually get better yourself, though you can't master her without playing the game properly.

Good luck my guy, and if crossplay is ever added I'll see you out there in the fog (hopefully as some godly nurse main).

• GoddamnBananas
    GoddamnBananas Member Posts: 54

I won't know about Xbox, but making new accounts is extremely easy on PS4. If it's as easy, then just make a new account to practice a new killer on, it's what I've been doing for Billy.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246
    edited April 2020

I went through a similar process. I waited until I was at red ranks to start learning her on PC. It's a super painful process. As others have said, don't sweat the losses. It takes a bit of time to get a feel for charge vs distance, and even longer to apply that to a moving target. Then you need to learn how survivors move and path against Nurse, which is different from other killers. Once you have all that down, you get into the mind games and fakes with blinking. A lot of Nurse skills don't translate to other killers, and vice versa.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Are you and the team looking into Nurse right now? Sure she is still a powerful Killer but I don't feel like her rework was necessary.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

She was overnerfed. To get good, you'll have to marry her and live with her and devote your entire life. Is it worth it?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Just one. Don't play nurse on console

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

This was a old Idea but still a nice one. Why not adding a "unranked" mode to the game OR a "practice area" with some bot survivors to get used abit to the killer and try them out. Could also be used for some perk testings etc.

• DBD78

It's like night and day playing with or without Plaid Flannel. Last game with Discordance I used the addon and could just blink and pick a survivor up from the gen. If I would not have used PF there is no way I could be so precise. It feels like it's almost impossible not being reliant on it when it tells you exactly were you will go?

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I have only played Nurse now and are no longer red ranks but rank 9. This is good because the survivors will get worse while I will get better and some day things should even out. Still I have only got two kills so far in all my games and I only get around 3 hooks a game. But I already feel I have a better knowledge of where to blink now. It's a start ๐Ÿ˜€

• edgarpoop

As painful as it is, you'll be far better without Plaid Flannel in the long run. The muscle memory will come. Cooldown reduction and range increase are the only two add ons really worth using. The ultra rares especially are absolute meme tier.

• DBD78

Should I quit using it now? How long did it take you from starting Nurse in red ranks as you said, until you were as good with Nurse as with other killers?

• coppersly

oh my god at the very least can we get a slower blink recharge rate when holding a blink instead of just outright stopping it? That alone would be a god sent gift. Sorry, an Entity sent gift.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Edgar is right. If you keep at it, the muscle memory and general awareness will come. If you find it impossible to visualise when the Flannel isn't there, not using it may even help you build up that awareness sooner, even though it will be more difficult at first.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

The issue with your solution is essentially it's more wasted time..so essentially no matter what itll take multiple blink cycles to even attempt a swing..your showing the issue everyone mentioned in the old ptb..and yet these things get brushed aside

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216

Jeez still no keyboard and mouse support for console? I'm starting to think no game developer on Earth that cares about console

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

Nope. Now this might not be a problem for many, but i used to be a pc gamer not that long ago, and aiming with the sticks is just atrocious, and so slow!

• edgarpoop

Tough to say exactly how long. Weeks if you're playing her every day. But yeah, I'd stop using it now, because you're eventually going to have to develop the muscle memory for blink charge vs travel distance, or you'll be sacrificing an add on slot for Plaid Flannel that could be used for something else. Use her good add ons. Cooldown reduction and distance increase. They over-nerfed her with the base cooldown, straight up. I'm fairly confident in saying even a great Nurse won't catch many experienced 2k+ hour survivors in a reasonable amount of time (for a killer whose only asset is 1v1) with base range and cooldown.

• coppersly

TBH I would never play Nurse now without both cooldown addons. You give up way too much ground waiting for your blinks and doing nothing useful in the meantime without the -1.5s/blink. Like almost unplayable bad and not fun in the slightest kind of gameplay.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Before, Nurse didn't need any addons but they did help her a little bit if you were having trouble. Now, she is very addon dependent and most of her addons now hurt her more than they help her.

• Kon
    Kon Member Posts: 76
    edited April 2020

but its great that yall keep nerfing her because very few handful of players play her really well. pandering to the lowest common denominator thats alwasy worked for sure. i wonder what wr is, prolly under 40%. lowest of all killers i bet

maybe, just a thought hear me out. let the players who are good with nurse be good with her and everyone else can play an effective killer without having to be a god

• coppersly

Yup that pretty much sums up the problems with her rework.

• DBD78

Took me six days but yesterday I really felt that things started to click, and now I'm doing pretty good with Nurse ๐Ÿ˜€Deranked to rank 11 and now I'm at rank 8 still only playing Nurse and got a 4k against an all red rank survivor team today. I thought it would take weeks to reach this level so I'm very happy. I'm going to continue only playing Nurse for a while yet and see how far I can take this.

And best thing is that last two days I have played without any addons. So one more week like this and then adding her best addon combos..๐Ÿ˜Ž

• coppersly

She only has one good addon combo now and it's both cooldown ones.

All others are worthless in comparison or even worse they actively hurt your performance.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

@DBD78 Yes, that is a risk I also had to notice. Same with Detectives Hunch, Windows of Opportunity or Zenshin Tactics, you want to learn with them but don't notice when you just start to run into the light instead of memorizing tiles. I had that with pre-rework extra blink addons. I thought, I'll try to go for the 2 blink hits and just use the third blink if I have to, to have at least a bit fun and second chance in chases. Just played 5-10 games, removed the extra blink and noticed how heavily I was expecting and aiming for the third blink already.

I would suggest, for learning purposes, just use the flannel in every other or in 2 of 3 games, so that you regularly get used to not rely on it. Reduced fatigue is probably the least "breaking" addon, as you don't mess up anything with the blink itself, which is the part that you need to learn. After the blinks, failed or successful, the fatigue addons come into play. So they might be good for learning as well, but again I would suggest to regularly play without them.

• edgarpoop

Nice! Definitely stick with it. Check the hours of the survivors if you get rocked. Don't be discouraged if a 4k hr survivor gives you the runaround. It still happens to me.

Eh, slight disagreement on the add ons. I run range+cooldown. Purple+yellow or green+green. Still, she's very limited on add on flexibility.

• coppersly

The main take away is there are VERY few addons and addon combos that work, and a few that COULD be good are marred by bugs that ruin their functionality. The rest are memes/trash and that was like half of the reason she was even getting looked at in the first place. It feels bad we are left with so many bugs and the entire point was missed.