Survivors are getting nerfed too much

Comments

• doodledot
    doodledot Member Posts: 70

I think your right. Literally they are choosing killer over survivor way more. Like i don't know about you guys but I lose alot, and i played for along time and am red rank. The killers are just too smart and easy to kill

• BlueSwifts
    BlueSwifts Member Posts: 20

"I can hear the killer mains typing already" how you going to put up a discussion and belittle one side of the argument? Anyway,

Killers are too OP? Now that's a first, survivors are stronger than killers. Let me rephrase that actually, coordinated survivors or SWF are stronger than killers. It's okay to have infinite loops in the game? Or gens that can be finished in less than a minute (which still hasn't changed)? It's pretty funny how celebrated toxic survivors are (and there's plenty of them) but a toxic killer is the topic of hate. Just bringing a mori is enough to earn trash talk but it's okay for survivors to bring keys... Your goal as survivor, and a group at that, do the gens and escape. The killer's goal is to get the 4k, it doesn't matter if you or someone else is "just content with a 2-3k" your goal is to kill ALL survivors. You're upset that they're reworking loops but why do you think people played Nurse? Because you can't loop her O.O oh but she got nerfed... so that's fine right? Deathslinger is debatable for being janky af. He's slower and unable to hit survivors over pallets after a connected shot even through windows at times. Other survivors can break the chain or the person chained can walk behind any nearby surface to prevent a reel. You consider instant mori Myers OP? You definitely don't play enough killer to know what you're talking about that's been made clear. You know what I find annoying? DS and Borrowed Time, survivors getting in your face during a chase, insta heals, just the typical stuff you see against any ounce of coordination and you can play ANY survivor to pull a lot of the annoyances off.

I've been playing on two new accounts, 1 on my PC (can I get cross save please devs come on???) and my brothers got the game on their PS4. Okay so I know the game I'm smurfing a bit (how else am I supposed to progress anyway... cross save... please...) BUT the amount of SWF and overall toxic survivors you find in the low ranks TUTORIAL PORTION OF THIS GAME is abysmal. End the game, new killer 1 perk no add ons, every survivor has a full build... How is anyone new to killer supposed to have fun or learn for that matter? Well survivors are stronger and it's been that way for a long time if not forever

• HelloThere
    HelloThere Member Posts: 59

Its about survivor mains that complain about not escaping and than blaming the game or/and killers online. Because this post gives these vibes. It wasn't an insult directed to you, except if you're like this.

• HelloThere

All you survivor mains want is an easy escape. 😂

How does this make you feel bc this ist the statement you gave. Respect killers, respect survivor, respect every one.

Do not make an silly argument. All we killer mains want are playable killers and a fair chance, not an easy 4k, that would be boring.

Do you know how it feels if you get teabaged at the exit gates because they want to rub their victory in.

I have nothing against survivors escaping, if their do it in a not moking way. We all should play it in a fun way for everyone.

Not every killer main is the same. I don't think your argument is right.

• HelloThere
    edited April 2020

I can't tell if this is meant to be serious or sarcastic.

No offense.

Can't really tell.

Sry

Post edited by HelloThere on
  • PearlGalaxy
    PearlGalaxy Member Posts: 5

THANK YOU...

The fun comes first. Escaping after 4 minutes is literally unfun. I don't get what people want.

And I mean at this point the points are "well survivors are stupid so they need a buff" ans I'm CACKLING...

• PearlGalaxy

So yeah, because survivors are stupid, they need a buff ? Is it really what you're going for ?? That's called being entitled. If you want a game where you can make no mistake it's not a game. Where's the fun.

It's literally the most human thing to make mistakes. So I don't get you. No one does.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I think its negativity bias. Upset at the reduction of godloops so you are seeing stuff that isnt there. That or bad survivors spammed pallets and you didnt know about it

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142
    edited April 2020

I didn't say they need a buff mao. I never said anything about survivors being too weak. If anything they're the power role so you're getting things mixed up here. Also no i don't want a game where nobody makes mistakes, never said that lmao. Of course everyone makes mistakes. You clearly missed all my points, and i dont get yours. My point was

If the survivors were good they would know how to loop the killer to save time.

Hence my reply to a quote

"if you were good you would be able to choke the survivors after finding one"

Or somthing of that sort. I forgot. So if you read my reply correctly i am saying the exact opposite of what you mean

"If the survivors would good they would know how to loop"

Everyone makes mistakes. Survivors make it and killers do too. Its just a matter of who makes more mistakes. Except the fact that killers have to rely on survivor's mistakes to win.

• TinyMoon3
    TinyMoon3 Member Posts: 45

I'm just gonna say it. ITS JUST A GAME! Just because you didnt get the 4 kills you wanted, doesnt mean u can complain about it and rage that survivors should be nerfed so much they are basically potatoes. Both sides make mistakes! Killers can make mistakes! Survivors can make mistakes! We all can make mistakes! When I play survivor and have a play style planned out for that match, I sometimes have to change it up in the match depending on what the killer is so i try to survive. SOMETIMES, i fail and get sacrificed cause i didnt pay attention to my surroundings (watching for cloaked killers or ones with no terror radius) or i ran into a dead end being chased. As a Killer, I sometimes miss my attacks. Sometimes I try to think like a survivor on where I would go while being chased or hiding. Sometimes that doesnt work either and they all or a few escape. I dont get mad. I dont complain about that match being unfair. I take it as it is and move on to the next match.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

You'll learn the bait the hook properly one day

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142
    edited April 2020

Quote me where i said they needed a buff. Have no idea where you got that from lmao. Judging from your reply I'm guessing you're saying killers are weaker than survivors. And yes survivors are a lot stronger than killers. You completely mixed up what i said and thought the opposite of what i meant.

Humans make mistakes and survivors make mistakes. To answer your question nobody would want a game with people making no mistakes.

Killers and survivors make mistakes. Besides the fact that killers need to rely on the survivor's mistakes.

(Had this rewritten because i didnt see my reply come)

• IIHOCKEYIII
    IIHOCKEYIII Member Posts: 9

Been there done that, rank 1 Billy with 3 perks spys from the shadows tier3, ruin tier 1

And another perk I can't remember off the top of my head atm

All rank 1, meta perks, got leryz and easily 4ked wasn't even running addons except like turning addons in hope I was getting a decent map for him

• SurvivorsAreOp
    SurvivorsAreOp Member Posts: 7

This is hilarious. Please say more so that I can keep laughing at you

• SurvivorsAreOp
    SurvivorsAreOp Member Posts: 7

It actually shows your intelligence. Almost sounds like you think this person is stupid when you nothing about them. Did you consider that it was just an error and that they didn't notice it or that maybe English isn't their first language?

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Can't tell if this is a bait but I will take it.

OP you offending killers will not make killer mains try to have a decent talk with you.

Doctor OP? Nah, he is almost the same as before but stronger but he isn't even close to spirit, nurse or freddy.

Solo survivors are weaker than killers.

4 man SWF are stronger than killers, 3 man are still stronger than killers, 2 man is more or less balanced.

The only way a killer has to win now is to be annoying or tunnel that one survivor without relying on broken addons, play killer on ormond against a good SWF and win without sweating, show proof, you say that you always win, I can say that I always 4k 32k bp without tunneling/camping/5 gens left/ no addons/ perkless/ blindfolded with no proof

If you can't win a chase without abusing infinites then don't blame the killer blame yourself, I know plenty of survivor mains who are really damn good and don't depend as much on infinites.

It's like the toolbox nerf, people say that they are useless, fact is they are not, now you need a brain and a plan not just M2 on gen.

This isn't a nerf, it's a balance, the devs aren't nerfing survivors, they are balancing maps because you as a killer will need to be really aggressive and only play high mobility killers to have a chance to do something.

The "leave a survivor that is abusing an infinite" that is a good point but other survivors can abuse it as well.

Good survivors know how to play even in unsafe pallets, good killers depend on survivors making mistakes.

P.S. english isn't my first language so I can't really tell if I made some mistakes.

• LoneWolf820B
    LoneWolf820B Member Posts: 12

And what's your point? I'm a rank 4. It's not like I'm a rank 19 with 3 games under my belt or anything. Totally not like I haven't dropped hundreds of hours into the game or anything

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132

Hahaha you think Killers are getting buffed too much? Your funny because,

The Ruin Nerf

The Nurse Nerf

The Doctor Nerf/Rework

Trust me, killers have been nerfed a f**k ton, I think the time is ripe that killers get a large buff

If your gonna complain, at least have evidence of your complaint

• PearlGalaxy

It was 3am I thought it was the OP who said that lmao

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

You honestly just need to play killer. Not a couple times here and there but dont even click on the survivor tab for a while. Just play killer. Once you play long enough you will meet them. The way the game is as of right now survivors that know what they are doing are basically untouchable. Thankfully the amount of survivors that don't know what they are doing far outweighs the ones that do or nobody would play killer ever. But when you have a game where one side has no chance of winning no matter what their skill level is, then something needs to change.

They changed ruin, they changed nurse and now they are seeing that these other killers are useless in a lot of spots against good survivors. These changes....including the ruin change that I hated at the time are actually good for the game.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

Your correcting of someone using a word that is not a word, while using no punctuation in a run on sentence shows the intelligence level of most survivor mains. Broad categorizations of people are easy to do but often times not accurate.

• DarkLordNate
    DarkLordNate Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020

there is no point answering to this when you need about five minutes to understand why killers had it extremely hard especially new to the game

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

No its exactly what survivors do to killers. This has been done to everyone. We are all hypocrites.

*change my mind*

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

They're not nerfing survivor, they're making the game balanced. They will change most maps because they're bad designed and are old, and require an update to match the current game state. They're removing the so famous "god windows", and let's be honest, these windows were unfair, no mind game at all that the Killer could do, except chasing the survivor for 3 vaults and then getting a hit maybe, most maps are getting tiles changed, with less pallets and more mind-game loops that actually requires some skill from the Killer and Survivor.

At the actual state any survivor can reach red ranks by just running to pallets and throwning them down, one by one to avoid being downed, maybe now with the map reworks survivor will require more "thinking" to play.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

oh no, you cant 1v1 the killer anymore!

who could have guessed that in a 4v1 game you shouldnt be able to do that...

oh any by the way: if you want "fixed" hitboxes, sign me up for it! cause that will also mean a full on hitbox rework for the survivors! nice! i'll gladly trade the current huntress hatchet hitbox for the survivors inability to loop ^^

• dhealy646
    dhealy646 Member Posts: 462
  • Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Next the devs will eliminate all the houses on the Haddonfield board because killers complained that they couldn't see survivors through them and it's not fair.

• afroboi
    afroboi Member Posts: 69

no no no there isnt anything as no counter you could run spine chill for stealthy killers urban evasion to hide you literally have so many options but it seems as your game play is tea bag fast vault get chased and cry now look ik youre probably not that but if you are you arent convincing anyobody btw killers get nerfed like the nurse back then she had 3 blinks and i think default speed i think 4.6 movement speed im not sure and spirit when she vaults she doesnt teleport she jumps now i admit you cant do much but you can get chased till all gens are done considering there is apallet within a pallet by 10 meters

• petneato
    petneato Member Posts: 6

Youre playing against bad swf then. I dont think swf is a problem theres just bullshit loops etc.

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188

I just wanna make this whole thing a poster or sum cuz this is so true.

• CJ46
    CJ46 Member Posts: 54

killers at rank one that use pop goes the weasel, NOED, BBQ and Nurse's Calling perks are OP, what makes killers OP is ######### hitboxes as well it's getting to a point i can't remember the last hit i got that actually wasn't 5-10 meters behind me, if they fix hitboxes i'm ok with them making jungle gyms worse if hitboxes are fixed but the state this game currently is in is terrible, so many survivors i know said they will become killer mains because of the new update

• CJ46

also i do know how it feels to be tea bagged at the exit gate, it doesn't bother me, i don't take the game like a personal attack, like you 😂

• TheOptimiser
    TheOptimiser Member Posts: 138

CJ46 this thread is a joke and I find you funny as well...*laughs in killer mori*

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609

Well now you know how killer mains felt when they kept getting nerfed. As for the loops, it made Survivors feel too safe and act like they were the stronger side of the game too much that they thought they didn't need to put any effort into surviving.

So survivor mains, stop being hypocritical and take a nerf like the rest of us

• BlueSwifts
    BlueSwifts Member Posts: 20

"Pop, NOED, BBQ, and Nurse's is OP"... oh boy, I'm actually laughing hysterically. No really. Please do not touch the survivor tab for a while you clearly do not play killer enough. You know why people run Pop now? Because Ruin was nerfed. You know why no one mentions Nurse anymore? It's mainly just Spirit and Billy running the game because she was also nerfed... Nurse was and is so easy to play after all right is that the excuse? There's another point to consider, you think this "OP" build is going to cover and work on every killer? It's not I'll answer that for you, there wouldn't be such a disparity in the best killers to the average/trash killers if there was this one god build.

Leave it to a survivor main to reference and complain about hitboxes. Let me explain something to you. DbD has NEVER HAD GOOD HITBOXES. So many people wanna say "dedicated servers wah!" My guy since dedicated servers didn't even exist people were complaining about the hitboxes. Why? Well it was a host system based on the killer and connection is still very much a factor.

So they try to balance out map layout and gen completion times and now survivors complain their infinites and god loops are gone... because they're fair said survivor only players. You know why Nurse was the most dominate killer and people played her at all? You can't loop her O.O oh but she was nerfed as I already said, that's fine right? This patch is not even a blatant buff for killers. It is a FIX. You can look at it as a buff and if that is your only stance and viewpoint the only changes killers have received for a long time have been nerfs. I bet you think Tombstone Myers is OP smh

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

The game is only survivor sided in that a team of really good survivors that want to win, can't lose. But that is rarely the case. Most red rank survivors are horrible at this game or play to goof around.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Also depends on the killer, but if a survivor has any clue how to loop common loops, that's a gen.

• HelloThere

You are the exempal of players who can ignore it, but i think you can agree that everyone should play the way that everyone has fun. Not just fun for survivors, not just fun for killers, not just fun for one person.

Do you know why balancing is such an issue? People are toxic. People are using the games flaws and bad mechanics. So the devs have to make perks, killers and even reworks to work against the issue.

If no one's abusing the bad design choices. Nerfs and buffs wouldn't be so huge.

And at last. Think about what a person you are and what a person you want to be. You just laughed at one person for being emotional infested in a game. You laughed at a lot of people that just hate t-bags. What a person does that make you?

• HelloThere

The first thing i agree on. Hit boxes are broken. Both as killer and survivor I've seen hits that should have and shouldn't have landed.

BBQ isn't op. You can counter (lookers, go in the false direction)

Nurses calling can be a problem(one hit or risk killer finding you).

NOED if you have the time, do bones and the perk is gone. Most of the times it isn't hid very well (and there is a perk for finding totems). I understand if you say there is no time for it since some times it's actually good hidden.

I don't have experience with pop goes the weasel. I never used or seen it to be used, but like some people have said it's like the new ruin. To slow gen speed. So i can't agree nor disagree on this point.

• CJ46

don't play killer enough ? i'm a rank 9 killer and my last 3 games i've gotten 4k's against all red ranks with no POP, NOED, Nurses calling or BBQ, i play it a decent amount, and it's too easy

• babygirl
    babygirl Member Posts: 6

boo hoo

• Witchaven
    Witchaven Member Posts: 36

In short, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. They released not too long ago statistics that showed killers were getting 3k on average. Well the problem with that is that according to their own standards of what a balanced game looks like, the goal is for 2 survivors to escape and 2 survivors to die. The statistics show that on average, 3 survivors die and 1 survivor lives. Yet they still are nerfing survivors. This I believe is largely due to the fact that killers dominate the forums. Since most people who play DBD as survivor, do it with friends. So they already have people to talk about DBD with, where as the killers sitting there alone not talking to anyone about the game.