The Killer experience sucks, plain and simple

You can tell Killers to "apply more pressure" or point out their mistakes till the cows come home. Playing as Killers feels like you are trying not to get bullied. You do not feel strong, you feel like a little punk trying not to look foolish. Low rank killers constantly getting paired with red rank teams only exacerbates this problem. No killers, no games. My survivor queues are worse than ever, as is my experience as killer. I sense a connection.

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited February 2020

When I play my Rank 9 Survivor I get paired with Rank 16 Survivors and have a bad time.

When I play my Rank 9 Killer I get matched against Rank 2 Survivors and have a bad time.

Playing Killer is the lesser or two evils because of the wait time. I just play on auto-pilot. No add-ons wasted. Find a Survivor, chase them, and hope to break every pallet on the map in less than 5 minutes to maybe get 1 hook before the Exit Gates are powered. Not fun, but Rift XP.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325

It's more important the majority, that being survivors, are having more fun than the minority, that being the killer. It's simple statistics

• Sonicslinger
    Sonicslinger Member Posts: 27

The only problem with that is if one side is disproportionately more fun than the other no one will play the other side resulting in no one having fun. Whilst I don't think it's quite to that point at the moment we can already see the symptoms of this being the case (extremely long survivor queues, nearly instantaneous killer queues). If something isn't done to rectify the way killers feel about this game these symptoms will only grow leaving everyone frustrated.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

I’ve been playing billy a bit today and I’m enjoying his mobility and insta down

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I love playing killer. Instant lobbies. I played against some twitch streamer tonight and I'm assuming his SWF group. They had head on builds, flashlights and tool boxes. They managed to work together to head on me twice during chases. Little do they know I trapped the middle building in the swamp map as Trapper and had infectious fright. Match was over once one of them landed on there. The basement was there too. They could not recover and I slugged the last one who was waiting by the hatch and closed it. Left her slugged and watched as the end game collapse ended her. <3

• cl3ar
    cl3ar Member Posts: 2

I am pretty new to the game. But i can notice as survivor (now green) i get pretty decent killers my rank. Also team mates often my rank. But seems when i play killer i keep getting paired with survivors way below my rank i am yellow killer against all purple. Its not like there are no survivors my rank beeing green. So why?

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 627

The Solo queue sucks too, y'know. Constantly getting bad teammates, getting tunneled/camped, dedicated servers, etc.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Because match making is broken, and while they are reworking it, it doesnt seem do be a high priority, so i dont expect a fix this year. I am waiting for 1,5 years for a color blind support option.

Just had a game myself with my rank 11 killer vs 4 rank 2 and 3 survivors.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So its frustrating to get a average of 3k?

• Mijureas
    Mijureas Member Posts: 1

This is the games I get as survivor, dude was legit a hacker on PS4, he knew where everyone was at all times no matter what. But if I play as killer (rank 10) I get rank 2's and 1's EVERY game, this dude rank 3 gets an 18, 13, and 13... like ######### is this matchmaking? Do yall really just look at it and think "eh let's SCREW over mid rank killers but let's TRULY bless high rank killer!" Such BS.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

I win like 80-90% of my matches with every killer. What about just learning how to play instead of complaining

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 254

I’ve been a killer main for years, it doesn’t suck. It takes practice, and the skill level is quite high.

Most of it comes down to learning when to cut a chase, run into a healthy survivor at a gym? Get the pallet broken and go back to gens.

Watch streamers it’ll help.

At the moment matchmaking doesn’t help at all

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

While it is possible for them to have been hacking, good killers DO know where you are at almost all times. Just by experience, addons, and perks.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

Good thing I'm a masochist!

• MamaEagle
    MamaEagle Member Posts: 115

I mean it's dependent on what rank you are, if your a high rank then probably yeah... Especially if you play killers that require a bit more skill level to play as but don't want to sweat every single game... But if your a low tier killer then enjoy the free 4k's (especially if you play Doctor and know how) because he just finds survivors way too fast and in a game full of randoms your better off looking for hatch than you are getting another game with better survivors lol

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, rank reset just occured and matchmaking has been kinda sloppy for a while now you're either going to eat the rainbow or come across a small blue village for a week or so.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Well, I made this thread 2 months ago and for some reason it was resurrected. So rank reset has nothing to do with it.

• PigMainClaudette

I missed that. My point still stands with matchmaking in general for now though.

Anyway, good to see you're still around Professor. Haven't heard from you in a while.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

I must've missed memo, otherwise I wouldn't have mained killer...

You don't play killer to feel strong. That's some weird power tripping statement. It's a 4v1 game and the killer is not some sort of game master. Go through the learning curve, don't expect to have easy games every time and take every match as a learning opportunity. Forget about what you experienced between rank 20-13. Baby killers get spoiled against baby survivors and then they clash with reality when rising through the ranks they start versing decent survivors. I would know, been there done that.

Also, always remember that in the end it's just a video game.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Playing killer makes mistakes far more punishing, so the stress factor is generally much higher than playing as survivor. Generally as survivor my only stress comes from running to a loop and wondering whether the pallet has been wasted or not before I get there: otherwise I generally feel like I can at least cause the killer to make a mistake that they will subsequently be punished for.

Meanwhile as killer I feel like there are a bunch of equations floating around my head about which perks each survivor is using, how long its been since X person was unhooked, which hook state each survivor is on, how the gens are positioned in terms of distance to loops, safety, and each other, which gens were progressing more than a quarter so i can use PGTW on em, which survivor is the obsession, if any of the survivors seem more organized than they should (comms,) keeping an eye out for crows flying/returning, my dumb colorblind ass trying to actually see scratchmarks/blood/blendettes hiding in bushes/etc, and so on and so on.

And making a single mistake out of any of those could easily cost the game, while as survivor I'm generally like "either I get unhooked and get 2 more tries, the other survivors take advantage of the killer camping me and get a bunch of gens done, or we were just never going to win anyway. lol."

• matchmakingworksfine
    matchmakingworksfine Member Posts: 240

Thank you for explaining how to play rank 18 killer, very cool!

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

Camping, Tunneling, returning to the hook/denying an unhook, they are good ways to 4k.. but I would not describe it as "winning".

Fact just is, there are 4 survivors and 1 of you, you chase 1 survivors, that is 3 on a gen or maybe 2 if 1 is following you around trying to undo traps or line up for a flashlight save.

Hook 1 survivor, chase a second, now 1 survivor is being chase, 1 is on the hook, 1 will go for the unhook and 1 is doing gens.

Repeat this patern throughout the match and the gens will be done way before anyone is dead on hook, that is just waht you have to deal with against a team who has a slight clue of how to play the game and have some awareness of what the others are doing.

• a_good_player

Nice talking, but you forgot that the majority of the survivors aren't even remotely close to being optimal. Also i dont camp/ tunnel etc, those strategies are actually very bad vs good players that know what they're doing.

• a_good_player
  • ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

not really, good players will at best just do gens, and leave with maybe 2 or 3, thats it, unless running perks to carry them but that does not speak volumes about them being good.

And ok, so your reasoning that you are winning is simple that survivors you are playing against arnt good at the game.... great, so once you come across those that are you start doing poorly as well then, making your entire point moot.

• ProfessorDunwich

Aww, thanks for noticing. Been taking a break from this game and playing others, but this one keeps drawing me back. Such a love/hate relationship.

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720

Wow absolutely astonishing people still complain despite all of the recent and upcoming survivor nerfs. While I do understand it can be stressful and you just feel like you can’t do much, you actually can. I think there are a few killers that need help, but for the most part some of these killers like nurse, billy, spirit and ESPECIALLY Freddy are just too good. Freddy is amazing. Who the hell are you playing as when you play killer? You need to work on some things. I don’t think survivor experience feels fair a lot of the time. Vault hitboxes are broken. Hook camping makes me feel like DCing but you can’t or you get banned. But that’s not fun for that guy is it? So we paid for a game where killers are allowed to get away with that and if we don’t want to put up with that we get a penalty? Makes me feel like uninstalling. I’d rather play a game where they’re going to help me feel like this game isn’t a waste of time To queue up for I don’t give a damn if it’s a tactic or not. It shouldn’t be. I want to know that the killer is taking a bigger penalty the longer he stays in my vicinity lol

• ProfessorDunwich

Look at the date I created the thread.

Anyway, Killer queues are still instant and Survivor queues are long enough to make me switch to killer.

• PigMainClaudette

Yeah, I'll take a break from playing occasionally, but I'll still be on here to get the news.

Depends on what mates want to play or how work's been. Being an essential service kinda sucks some days.

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

Survivor main, playing mostly Spirit, I'm level 13 getting matched with 6's and 4 and still managed to 4k, it's hard but it's also fun they do need to work on matchmaking sometime as a level 10 survivor we get rank 4's vs a level 18 killer :/

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I left in December 2019, the last time the matchmaker was screwed to hell and back (after it happening several other times during 2019, to boot), and just popped back over to see how things were, only to see . . . yep, here we are again.

So, checking news and such, but not reinstalling yet. At this point, I'll remain playing additional Overwatch matches with the friends & family 6-stack.

• NecroGoatLord
    NecroGoatLord Member Posts: 34

I've really had no problem being Killer, apart from when I was a total noon. Then I got my 1st 4K with the Doctor & it's been a breeze since.

The only time I've suffered was the other night when I was Plague. Had 4 teamed up & I didn't get 1 sacrifice. Not the ideal match to learn a new Killer.

So when survivors sook about camping killers, you've brought it on yourselves.

• Chinanumawaaan
    Chinanumawaaan Member Posts: 131
    edited July 2020

Some stupid arguments here about statistics and what not. When I was a new player I played as killer for the most part and did some research on how to be better. YouTube, forums and streamers. One thing that I come across more than anything in these resources is how overpowered survivors are. This isn't purely on the survivors as much as its about killer mobility and environment. People complain about queue times as a survivor and are quick to abuse an under performing killer and an over performing killer. When ranking from 20 down to 15 I faced a lot of survivors ranked sub 5. It is obvious that the skill ceiling for killer is massive compared to survivor, but how do new killers get into this game if its frustrating and stick around if matchmaking screws them over and the community is toxic.

I think that the killer skill ceiling should remain the same. I also think the skill ceiling for survivor should be raised. Skill checks on vaulting pallets and windows with a sucess zone affected by injury and terror radius, increased time on unhooking with skill checks within terror radius that increase as the killer gets closer. The killer should be the one applying pressure, not the survivors.

For the killer its such a sterile game where you get punished by limited mechanics and time. Killers should be forcing the majority of errors, not the survivors; which there are 4 of.

If survivors really want to piss and moan about it then wait until the queue times get even worse as killer mains continue to stop playing :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, how BS overpriced are the DLC killers.

Post edited by Chinanumawaaan on
  • Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Have you ever thought that maybe it isn’t the role of killer itself that sucks?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

It's a statement in itself that as a killer, you mustn't be baited or goaded by survivors when defending an objective. It's litterally 4 killers v 1 survivor. I love the game and the challenge that it brings, but its either do well or get bullied, no in between.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I mean to be honest it sucks for both survivors and killers for me as a survivor I get paired with literal rank 20s and when they make a mistake I die with them. But as killer I'm paired with red ranks rarely seeing people of my rank, basically it applies to both sides, until the new update in a few days comes out we are screwed.