Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors need to do a new objective to escape, Period!

I am very surprised how the devs really haven’t gave survivors something else to do to escape. 5 very easy gens and open the exit gate, that’s it! Killers need to hook each survivor 3 times. Playing survivor is so easy and laid back however when playing killer it can be very frustrating. When I play killer I try not to slug but the way the game is, it is pushing me to play very #########. I want to have fun playing killer and I want the survivors to have fun too but damn they need something else to do. I can’t play Michael, Hag or Trapper because their power is very weak at first and require more time in the beginning to set up. This can also be frustrating to new players since they have no perks to slow the game down at all, leading them to quit the game.

Speaking of new players, camping and tunneling can be frustrating too. For veteran players, they mostly have perks to counter this type of play style but for new comers, they don’t know what to do or how to counter it. I would suggest for the tutorial for both killer and survivor to suggest perks for new comers and for killers maybe say something to go after other people and suggest perk from other killer to help slow the game down (just a little bit). When I began to play this game back in 2018, all you would see are camping wraith and trappers. I would love to see more new perks for everybody that would somewhat help with this, sorta the perks that are by default when leveling up characters.

Comments

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Killers don't need to hook each survivor 3 teams, tons of games in solo Q I die on my first hook. That's why I have been running some deliverance lately because it's so annoying to lose 1 chase and die for it. I had a great game earlier where one of my teammates kills themselves on 1st hook, then whispers billy finds me because stealth is almost worthless against whispers. I run him for 3 gens, go onto my first hook, and then both of my teammates go down and die before they can even get me.

BT/DS don't do anything against a camping 1 shot killer. That's why everyone hates Bubba so much. He's not the best killer for getting you down; but once he does, he can just sit there with the saw revved and there's nothing anyone can do.

Survivors are too afraid to touch gens until like mid purple ranks anyways, and they just get 2 tapped in a chase before that point so it's balanced.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186

They tried totems to be like a second objective, but survivors don’t always see that, hence the complaints about NOED.

Someone said that finding fuses for the gates would be a good bonus objective.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

We've suggested ideas like that in the past, or even suggesting the devs make a new game mode or something but.... everytime its like they kinda just meh, and brush it off to the side. The game can get redundant really fast. Its amazing to me that they haven't incorporated a new game mode, especially when their player population was at an all time high.

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

Exactly, if a survivor spawns in front of the gen and the killers spawns far from that gen, by the time the killer gets to that gen it will most likely be done.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

You know, there is something which prevents the Survivor from doing Gens - the Killer.

And well... Survivors have to do 5 Gens, but the Killer only has to kill 4 Survivors. If we want to do math.

• Feiten
    Feiten Member Posts: 204

Takes longer to down a competent survivor then it does to finish a gen. But it seems your comment is focused on low ranks which is not what this game should be balanced on

• Aven_Fallen

Nah, I just like to point out that this 12 Hooks vs 5 Gens-Math is stupid.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Do math. 105 seconds of objective for each survivor to escape (gates+5gen) or 7minutes collective

Meaning a killer has to find-chase-hit-down-hook in 35 seconds or less 12 times perfectly.

At base. With toolboxes/perks/great SC

The obj time decreases substantially.

Currently the only method for killers to achieve this is to use methods universally complained about by survivors. Camping and tunneling...

The only exception to this rule is if survivors choose willingly to make massive mistakes AND the team also chooses not to cover said mistake.

A jake makes a mistake that costs him 30 seconds of obj time because he waited in a locker too long or played in the basement or decided to self heal If the other 3 survivors just spend 10 extra seconds each the mistake is covered, this can actually happen simultaneously. Meaning 10 seconds into jakes hypothetical 30 second mistake its already covered by teamwork.

Bdb should include a secondary objective that doesn't include escaping. Such as a torment lvl

This so removing players by killing isn't the killers only strategy to reduce pressure load

and so that surviving can have more of a meaning then just holding M1 and running.

Quick puzzles, like placing grabbed items on alters in the right spots to mach

(this could lighten the map for visibility)

Or playing Simon says in short 3-5 sequence bursts

(this could reveal generators)

Wiggling the sticks to work a fuse box until it rumbles as powered.

(This could prime the gates to 50%)

In limited spots setting then later activating survivor traps that either make noise or simply puff smoke to obscure view so the killer looses line of sight

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

how about an objective thats not just holding M1 for X seconds and actually adds something fun and interactive to the game?

on top of it stalling the trial, it also gives survivors something more fun to do - a win win!

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,197

Players already have additional objectives. They're masquerading as challenges in the Rift.

Adding objectives on top of challenges wouldn't be good, especially for solo survivors.

• Aven_Fallen
    edited April 2020

"Currently the only method for killers to achieve this is to use methods universally complained about by survivors. Camping and tunneling..."

Incorrect.

Furthermore, the simple math "Do 5 Gens" does not work out. If the Killer is bad, sure, then it is "Do 5 Gens", everyone gets minimal BPs and will Depip. But, it is not only "Do 5 Gens". It is "Do 5 Gens" and "heal your teammates" and "unhook your teammates" and "get chased by the Killer".

Of course if the Killer cannot force Survivors into altruistic actions, its only Gens. But this rarely happens, because, despite what people claim, Killer gameplay is not that hard, in fact, it becomes easier and easier. Next Patch will make it easier as well.

(Not talking about those "funny" things like Rank 9 Killer vs Rank 1 Survivor. Surely the Killer will have a hard time when he cannot play vs people around his Skill Level)