Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Your Locked-In Perk

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614

What's the Perk that, to you, seems like it'll never leave your main build?

So yeah, you could make fun variations on the side and stuff, but when you're 100% serious, this 1 Perk seems like it CANNOT leave your build.

For me, while Barbecue & Chili would be the more common answer i think, i actually almost always have Enduring on ever since i unlocked it.

I just love not caring about Pallets. 🤷‍♂️

Comments

• Scoops_Ahoy_Steve
    Scoops_Ahoy_Steve Member Posts: 11

Probably a combo of spine chill and bond, the information that those two perks provide together is invaluable, even in a 4 man swf, because I'd I'm working on a gen and spine chill turns off and on every few seconds I would normally get off of the gen, but if a see a survivor looping with bond I can reliably keep working on a gen without the fear of being interrupted. I would never run a build without those two perks, remember kids, information is your best friend as a survivor.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

As Survivor, either DS or Iron Will. If I dont have DS, I seemingly get tunneled all the time (at least it feels like it) also I have run Iron Will so long that I get annoyed by Injured Sounds.

For Killer, it is Enduring. Not on every Killer of course, but when I dont have it, Pallet Stuns feel painfully long, because I am so used to M1-Killers with Enduring.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • wmyn
    wmyn Member Posts: 56

Nurses calling for killer

Borrowed time for survivor

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

BBQ for killers - cause double points

Adrenaline for survivors - cause im playing solo and need something to heal without wasting tons of time (selfcare is not an option, that loses me games). alternatively, as im injured a lot, iron will.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Hard to say as I like to switch things up to keep things interesting, but i'd say

survivor: Botany or Spine Chill

killer: Whispers or Pop

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224

Don't really have a locked in perk for killer overall. It depends on who I'm using. I do have locked in perks for individual killers.

For survivor, it's Kindred. It's the best survivor perk in the game.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Probably Iron Will or Any Means Necessary for survivor. Killer, I tend to switch it up a bit more depending on the killer I'm playing. Iron Maiden and Deerstalker are always locked in on my Huntress, for example, but I don't use them on others killers often.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Bond and Iron Will for survivor. I like to do little mini-jukes to make distance that iron will allows me to do, and actually being able to be somewhat sneaky if I have to even while injured is nice too. And Bond just gives so much information.

No single perk I have on every single killer but I run Whispers on a lot of them, and on many killers that rely on smacking people with m1 I really like Save The Best For Last.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Spine Chill 🥰🥰🥰🐱🐱🐱🐈🐈🐈

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

BBQ, Iron Will.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    edited April 2020

Alert. Surveillance. I used to not like Surveillance. Then I tried the Ruin/Surveillance combo for a while. Then I stopped using the combo, and realized how much I missed Surveillance.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

It used to be WGLF as survivor, but since getting every single survivor to P3 with all perks, have dropped the farming builds.

I am now a big Premonition fan; I prefer it to Spine Chill, as it's a bit more User controlled...

I think it'll take a bit more time to get me out of using BBQ on Killers!

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Gonna get a lot of hate for this one, but honestly Self-Care. I like NOT going down in one hit, so I heal myself.

I'm in the same boat as Peanits, how it isn't just one perk for every killer. But much like Almo I love Surveillance. I've been using it since before the Ruin rework, and I've always found it better than Discordance for a majority of killers.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

Kindred.

Bbq.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited April 2020

As a survivor, always Kindred. The amount of information I get from it informs basically everything I do once survivors start getting caught and I won't play without it.

There are a few I really like to have on like Self Care (BOOOO! HISSSSSSS!!!!) but Kindred is the only one that I won't play a character unless I have it unlocked.

As a killer, there are none that I HAVE to have but I always prefer to have Surveillance, Overcharge (the doctor one where it makes one super hard skill check, I think it was called OC), and the one that causes the gens to be blocked when you hook someone for 16 secs or so.

With how many votes in here for Spine Chill I see, I may have to toss that on someone and try it out.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

As survivor, Spine Chill. I like knowing when the killer's headed in my direction.

As killer, Save the Best For Last. That cooldown is just... yikes.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

Iron Will for sure, it's just too good.

I like running Diversion and Iron Will to get out from a difficult situation.

Now my primary build is Diversion, Iron Will, Urban Evasion and Sprint Burst. I just love this, throw a pebble that way, sprint burst the other.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178

Pgtw, discordance

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328

Borrowed time.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

Kindred for survivor. The information it provides is so incredibly useful for a solo survivor like myself.

BBQ for killer. You already get a lot of BPs as Killer and getting double by hooking everyone makes it absolutely wonderful!

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I think Self-Care wouldn't get as much hate if most people who run it use when someone isn't hooked. Because the iire of the person who is hooked, watching you healing yourself nearby and not coming to rescue you just continues to grow and grow as each hand of the Entity spawns in.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

Iron Will for me, but I'm really starting to rely on spine chill

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

NOED.

Before I get hate mail, I'm a demo player. He has a great endgame, NOED makes him a beast in the endgame which actually gives a really nice climax to the trial for both sides.

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144

IRON WILL

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Kindred. Without a doubt, Kindred. And Alert is creeping up there as well.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, there are a few questions to be asked there.

Such as how close is the killer? Was I healing when you got hooked? Do you have Kindred or I have Bond and someone else is closer?

Part of my continued use is also I run off to nearby cover after being unhooked. It's not that I prefer to heal myself, it's that I don't want the killer on me in two seconds flat. It's probably a misunderstanding from both of us then.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250

Survivor - Decisive strike. I don't care if it's toxic or cheap, if a killer tunnels me off the hook, i'm not just gonna let that happen and do nothing about it...

Killer - BB&C. Unlike WGLF, you're baisically guaranteed double bp every single match and the aura reading it gives is extremely powerful, especially for finding that last survivor to ensure the 4k without slugging.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

can you guess which one

I seriously cannot play without it, I am soo used to it, specially near gens

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Iron Will and BBQ.

• angematias
    angematias Member Posts: 86

Spine Chill and Discordance

Discordance heavily punishes swf and spine chill gives me precious information and compensation for commiting to an action if i think i can finish it in time with it's bonus.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Iron will

I hate not being able to hide when im injured

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

Bond and Borrowed Time for survivor.

Pop and Sloppy for killer.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

If I have it on the survivor, it used to be Balanced Landing, also after the "nerf". I just love the removed sound on falling which helps me in so many situations to just disappear. And when killers for example hears me working on a gen but no falling sound in Haddonfield or Coal Tower 1st floor gens without hearing me falling down, they waste time searching around until even my scratchmarks are long gone.

Second was Premonition and replaced for the moment by Spinechill because I like the vault speed bonus (helps to get more vault escapes on dedicated servers, as you expect them to work without latency). But probably will return to Premonition once in a while because I'm missing the information about direction.

For killer it is Pop. Surveillance helps too, but genrush is still a problem since Ruin rework. And I think it will be also after the next patch.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Spine Chill

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Survivor - Any form of self healing (unless I'm bringing a medkit) I just cannot trust teammates to heal me.

Killer - use to be Ruin, now its PGTW.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Spine Chill or Object depending on how sweaty I feel

Iron Will to “counter” Spirit

DS because there’s no penalty to tunnel off hook

Dead Hard because it’s the best, having control over when to gain distance on a loop is S tier

• Jasonsfar
    Jasonsfar Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2020

Spine chill

bbq and lightborn( i just love when survivors try to blind me and i dosn’t work) and its usally a free hatchet hit

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I feel like Spine Chill is enough to counter Spirit. Or any other killer that requries LOS with you.

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328

Killer: BBQ for the extra juicy BP.

Survivor I actually have 2: Bond and Prove Thyself. Bond to know where teammates are and Prove Thyself for the extra BP so that I at least get some good points out of a match before I'm dead :P

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

As survivor, my favorite perks are Alert, Object and Spine Chill. I'm pretty bad at looping and so I like to use Object to get better at it since more often than not the killer will chase me if I'm using it. Sure, sometimes killers tunnel or mori me because they think I'm in a SWF but I don't really blame them since there's no way to tell if I'm in a SWF or not. Also Object is a hard counter for Freddy, who I absoloutely hate going against. Whenever I'm using a build that requires me to take less aggro (like the autodidact build) I switch out Object for Alert. Alert is probably the best killer aura reading perk in the game, unless you're up against a good Nurse who doesn't break things ever. It tells you where a killer is and if they're in a chase or not. Spine Chill is a must with Object if I'm up against a stealth killer so I know if they're going for me or not.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Dead Hard i just like getting greedy with pallets and still getting away with it with that small speed boost

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Why AMN? Almost any competent Killer will break a pallet that would be good to reset, so you're left resetting unsafe pallets

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

Inner strength, iron will, kindred.

If I can't have all three I always try to get at least one of those in my builds. I like messing around with different combinations but I always try to keep one of those as a dedicated fourth slot.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Killer: Barbecue & Chili and almost on all killers: Nurses.

Survivor: I don't have a perk I always use, I tend to switch builds and perks all the time.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

As someone who is not deluded and realizes the only way to get better is to be challenged, I sincerely thank you for keeping my sneak skills top notch, friend. I LOVE being tested against Spine Chill survivors! (And no, I don't do whatever that dumb moonwalking thing is to avoid it or whatever, that strategy always seemed dumb to me. If you're good at sneaking, you're good at sneaking and Spine Chill will test that.

As a GhostFace main with Pig on backup, Whispers is absolutely my fav. Really adds to the atmosphere and spookiness. :3

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Iron will for survivor (long story behind why) and for killer, STBFL.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    edited April 2020

As a survivor, Iron Will. I think I have it equipped on all my survivors that have it available at level 3. If I don't, I'm constantly going "oh shut up, you're fine" at my injured survivor.

As killer, I don't have any teachables unlocked except maybe one of Ghostface's, but I know I'll definitely be using Discordance more once I unlock it from Legion!

• AshleyOwlz
    AshleyOwlz Member Posts: 8

For killer: Monitor and abuse cause peek a boo Myers sees you

For survivor its a tie between Spine chill and Iron will, cause man oh man those perks have saved me in some of the worst moments.